Author Topic: Default skin in 3d era?  (Read 21423 times)

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: Default skin in 3d era?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:40 pm »
Why not just make a few default models for shirts,pants and shoes then giving players the option to change the colors during character creation or in clothing shops

Offline NastyKhan

• One man army: Graphic, music and game designer.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 08:00:31 pm »
Yeah. Fighting is fighting. But during free time players (visiting cities, doing quests, role playing, recording lulz-movies) should have an option to customize their appearance, by picking one of clothes set and headgears.

Oh yeah - and don't forget about hairstyles ;)

You may also click HERE to see my 3d items and weapons.

~ Sorry for any language bugs. Doing my best.

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 04:01:53 pm »
Sounds great.
It would be cool if they added sunglasses too 8)

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 09:37:32 pm »
However you have right too, Mike. The question is: How the PC should looks like, while no armor equipped.

I think the default model/skin should be topless (for both male and female characters) PLUS if no armor is equipped - some clothes are shown. Why?
1. Clothes will stop trolls from running totally naked.
2. Nude model is probably easier to use armor models on (if overlapped).
3. By overlapping topless models and some "miserly" armors (unzipped leather jacket, Khan fighter armors, tribal clothes etc.) - player would have the option to make his char look more sexy or badass.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »
Easily - you add clothes on, but still have base naked model for usage when armor is equipped.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 06:49:50 pm »
There's a naked skin, the base skin, with underwear. Then there is a layer for clothing that is connected to the armors, so that when you equip the combat armor, your pants turn brownish and your shirt dark grey. On top of that, two more layers for pants and shirts (I need a third one for shoes) those two cancel the previous one when active. This way you can combine pants and shirt colours and type your own way, and still wear the armor on top. This is how I made it. It's not implemented, because it would require some programming.

Clothing types are these. Tanktop, T-shirt, long sleeve, with short pants, long or medium. Boots or shoes. With different colors for each. Just do the math.

I said before, we need to use textures for default clothing, otherwise the number of polygons to render would be very high. Well forget that. I was not thinking about the DisableSubset function, that prevents a specified subset from being rendered. So I guess it would be ok too.

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »
Sounds good. In fact original F1 an F2 NPCs used to wear tight clothes as well. Just look at the Ian's pants. These are more leggings than jeans. ;)

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:28 pm »
In fact original F1 an F2 NPCs used to wear tight clothes as well. Just look at the Ian's pants. These are more leggings than jeans. ;)

This is most probably because of artists' lazyness in order to have real jeans, they would have to waste effort and time on those sprites instead of just copypasting the vault suit leggings and painting them with denim. That's why Ian wears 80's jeans and not 50's jeans, imo.

But it is still true that their clothes were tight and that's how it looks in the originals :P

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 10:50:10 pm »
Default should be either loincloth or tattered pre war clothes imo. Maybe have a selection that is purely cosmetic on char creation for rp/not looking like clones purposes.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 01:12:03 pm »
i still whant to keep my sugestion
at caracter creation you can chose default skin from more options(vault suit, tribal suit, old jacket, tanktop with roped purple pants, civilian atire, militar atire) and you can change that from some certain shops in game(somewhat like the barber shop, but only for default skin)
and naked shoud not be an option, who the hell will let themselves burned from the wasteland sun?

Offline NastyKhan

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 04:43:05 pm »
It's California, Laggy. California  8);)

[Information for ultra sensitive people, retarded nerds, orthodox CA patriots and super-mutant lieutenants: Yes. That's a joke.]

Offline Mike Crosser

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2012, 07:08:08 pm »
LagMaster's idea sound good

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2012, 08:43:15 pm »
i still whant to keep my sugestion
at caracter creation you can chose default skin from more options(vault suit, tribal suit, old jacket, tanktop with roped purple pants, civilian atire, militar atire) and you can change that from some certain shops in game(somewhat like the barber shop, but only for default skin)
and naked shoud not be an option, who the hell will let themselves burned from the wasteland sun?

What if I want to RP conan the barbarian?

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2012, 09:39:52 pm »
Then you should do that in MMO created by infamous Norwegian developer/publisher.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2012, 09:51:42 pm »
or take a tribal skin, it will be somewat naked