Author Topic: Default skin in 3d era?  (Read 21461 times)

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
Re: Default skin in 3d era?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 11:12:05 am »
Surf - 'I find your lack of faith disturbing'.

If nude trolls is what you fear then there's a simple solution -no shirt, no boots, no service,  naked characters should always be unprotected, unable to trade or even talk to npc.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 11:15:16 am »
Trolls won't care, they're not there to trade or to be protected by guards etc.
Personally, I don't really like to see a town full of idiots running around in their underwear and spamming bullshit (and trust me, this WILL happen). The game and its players are already ridicolous enough...

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 11:18:53 am »
I agree with Surf. Idiots coming back ten times in bluesuit just to insult you before getting killed and during replication is already common, no need to have this with nude chars. Shitty, ugly and stinky rags should be the default (like what is wearing the looser/junky NPC for example ;p).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 12:03:02 pm »
Ok, I give up.

If you fear the trolls so much, then the trollerorists have won. 

I for one don't care what some punk is doing at the NCR grid, what he's yelling or how he looks like...if GMs care...well, don't you have some sort of ban-hammer? 

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 08:18:49 pm »
I think it's a matter of taste, Pistacia. But there is perhaps a more elegant solution?

Underpants.
How about black boxers for male characters? I think boxers would be a better choice than that whitecord grandpa undies (that aren't very fitting with those tattoo skins)

About female characters, i dunno. Maybe we'll have thousands of guys ogidling their character in wasteland lingerie, but for that, we have decent tribal rags, like those in Tactics. Or do you have any other ideas?

Anyway, i think it should be very unfitting to have no any skin protection, like getting sunburned, dehydrated...restricted? Charisma malus or telling the naked freak he should GTFO or get some clothes before he gets shot.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 02:28:36 am »
So it's ok to show people torn apart by a minigun burst, blown to pieces by a rocket, burned alive and having chunks of body ripped out. There are drugs, slavery, racism, nationalism, foul language ... and yet you fear that people in underwear is something not suitable for the young players of Fonline? Sick, sad world.
Well i think thats how actually works the world, i mean my mom never cared of watching me blowing people in funny gore festivals since 1997 to ultrarealistic murdering in 2012, but she broke my GTA San Andreas copy after watching some prostitutes with dildos (my mistake). Also i remember my dad complaining in the movie teather because we couldnt watch Saving Private Ryan in family because i didnt had 18 years.

On topic I prefer some rough tribal brahmin clothes, rags, pre war dresses and other 50's stuff (no jeans, no t-shirts).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:34:31 am by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 03:27:14 pm »
It probably will be some rags. Though I see no reason to think about it yet, as 3d models aren't ready to use yet and it probably still will be the case for a while.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 04:33:44 pm »
There should be like clothes shop that allow you change between skins from rags to tribal or buy a vault suit for some money. I think it could be much like the barber but no haircut. It could give more life to the game.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:38:21 pm by Gob »

Offline Alfa-A

• I like you!
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2012, 04:21:20 pm »
When be era 3d ?
Now you like me!

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:02 pm »
When you stop asking for it.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 08:39:06 am »
So i was thinking: will there be NSFW skins? Is that a issue for developers, in game, which has extreme violence and (albeit non-graphical) sexual references?

Something T on ESRB rating?
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 01:26:20 pm »
So i was thinking: will there be NSFW skins? Is that a issue for developers, in game, which has extreme violence and (albeit non-graphical) sexual references?

Something T on ESRB rating?
Highly doubt there would be a change. The original Fallout 2 sprites had pretty much the same amount of violence and gore, I am pretty sure there is nothing that could change it. And what exactly do you mean by NSFW skins? Full nude skins? The question would be - do we need it? Which I also highly doubt.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2012, 02:40:25 pm »
Nude skins?
Sprites are very small and probably pixelated. So i think no one will be
able to see any "details" on that :-\
How i learned to love the bomb...

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »
Pretty sure it will be some old rags. But doesn't matter much, as in any case we want to make it possible for players to change that.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »
Nude skins?
Sprites are very small and probably pixelated. So i think no one will be
able to see any "details" on that :-\

You can always reskin the 3D modell after that. I think I have a tut on yt about that.