"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 08, 2024, 07:53:21 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What's with the ninja encounter changes?  (Read 1588 times)

avv

What's with the ninja encounter changes?
« on: January 19, 2012, 12:02:47 pm »

I've noticed sf caravans are gone. Same as vc and bh caravans around raiders. Are they gonna be back with differend gear or what?

It's not fun to update Opera's fef if encounters come and go.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

Re: What's with the ninja encounter changes?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 12:14:15 pm »

I've noticed sf caravans are gone. Same as vc and bh caravans around raiders. Are they gonna be back with differend gear or what?

I hope so, farming VS encounter is incredibly cheap now. SF encounters are a joke.

It's not fun to update Opera's fef if encounters come and go.

"Devs stop making changes, you make my item grinding tool obsolete."
Seriously?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 12:20:26 pm »

I hope so, farming VS encounter is incredibly cheap now. SF encounters are a joke.
indeed.
"Devs stop making changes, you make my item grinding tool obsolete."
Seriously?
I hope you are joking.  If he's the one adding them to the FEF then he already knows the locations, and so it would benefit him in no way.  But if one day it's suddenly Stripped out of the game without notice the information can be percieved as false, misleading, or just plain lie by some.

And what's the point, of adding an encounter to a square, if it's just going to be removed?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 12:26:47 pm »

I hope you are joking.  If he's the one adding them to the FEF then he already knows the locations, and so it would benefit him in no way.

He can forget a location. But yes, maybe you are right. You can delete word "my" from the sentence.
FEF is a spoilish powerplay third party tool, if there is some false info there it's not a problem with game.
Unexpected encounter somewhere? GREAT!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:29:49 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:30:00 pm »

Item grinding is based on A Priori knowledge.

no
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:51:56 pm »

FEF is just for information.
If someone grinds and farms its his/her choice.

I also know how to go suicide bombing through the wiki and the wiki is not a trolltool ;)

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:55:55 pm »

If someone grinds and farms its his/her choice.

Yes yes, it's not my point you shouldn't. Do what you want.

My point is, I think devs shouldn't hesitate to make changes because it makes
grinding with the help of some 3rd party tools less convenient.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:00:39 pm by JovankaB »

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »

It's still beta and it's still few weeks after wipe. There will be enough changes. Opera is changing the FCP nearly every day - and oh boy, glad he is still doing it, imagine if he would have lost interest in Fonline during the last season and there wouldn't be a tool that is used this much our community.

Same with the FEF, but here the input is from the community - still he got to administrate it and wipe the database if the changes get to drastically.

Lets wait and look at the whole progression a bit before thinking about such things as taking notes about every single aspect of the game.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:03:28 pm by Andr3aZ »

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 01:03:01 pm »

It's still beta and it's still few weeks after wipe. There will be enough changes. Opera is changing the FCP nearly every day - and oh boy, glad he is still doing it, imagine if he would have lost interest in Fonline during the last season and there wouldn't be a tool that is used this much our community.

Why do you bring FCP to the discussion? It's not related.
I'm also glad for Opera's hard work.

avv

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:03:13 pm »

Yes this is a lobbying attempt to get more ingame riches and Jovanka just unveiled it.
No but seriously it's about information and things getting changed without announcement. Adding encs in fef is timetaking and it causes confusion if they suddenly aren't where they are expected to be anymore. Devs don't have to restrain from changing stuff because of fef, or any other 3rd party tool but it'd help to hint what isn't there anymore. Finding stuff is easier in fef than finding that they aren't somewhere.

Besides, best enc spots are kept secret by their finder anyway  ;)
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:03:49 pm »

But - as far as I am aware - we never announced encounter changes. It happened already pretty often that we changed position, amount and chance of existence of various encounters on the worldmap and it didn't appeared in any changelog.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:40 pm »

I also know how to go suicide bombing through the wiki and the wiki is not a trolltool ;)

A True Bomber would have done it as a natural thing.
:P
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 04:50:16 pm »

Why do you bring FCP to the discussion? It's not related.

Simple example for how much changes there are in short time recently.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 10:12:33 pm »

But - as far as I am aware - we never announced encounter changes. It happened already pretty often that we changed position, amount and chance of existence of various encounters on the worldmap and it didn't appeared in any changelog.

Solar has announced it in a postwipe topic that certain VS encounters will be goners.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »

Cool, thats one. But I changed encounters pretty often already, moved brahmins around, deleted stuff here, lowered stuff there, etc. So yea, that's not exactly new. Encounters are an ongoing process. You can expect them to be edited with every update in some kind of way.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 31 queries.