"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:33:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: There is nothing in the towns!  (Read 1138 times)

There is nothing in the towns!
« on: January 15, 2012, 11:00:26 pm »

There definitely needs to be more stuff to do in the towns. This game revolves around everyone spending all their time traveling around the wastes looking for XP or loot, there is you could take the towns out completely at this point and just make them a one screen meeting area.

There needs to be more significant NPCs in town, more jobs, more quests, more lenience for criminals. Each town should have its own set of laws, especially if it does not belong to the NCR.

After making 5 different characters all of which I hate, I'm sick of hunting in the wastes, I'd like to do something in the towns.

besides that, 1-2 people can empty out an entire mine! There are no caps, so what is the point of scarcity without currency?

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: There is nothing in the towns!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 02:34:34 am »

the game is about combat not afking in a town.
also many quest have been added so you cant bitch about that. go look for them and do them all 5-6 times then bitch.
there are no caps because well someone got there before you and toke them all. ::)

if you want some real fun join a big faction and do pvp. this game is about combat pve and pvp. hunting and crafting are what we do to eventually go to pvp in tc or reno.

or rp then you  can afk and be in town and give out your owe quest to people. ;D
Roaming the waste again.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:20:14 am »

:/
There is many things to do in towns..

Suicide killing, trade with traders+players, Quests to do, Support perks to find and.. stealing stuff from other players xD
And of course.. best thing.. shoveling shit :D

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:24 am »

besides that, 1-2 people can empty out an entire mine! There are no caps, so what is the point of scarcity without currency?
Caps and resources are rather enough, you just have to find them. Pr0-tip - NCR an it's mine is not the only place to stay.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:30:36 am »

There definitely needs to be more stuff to do in the towns. This game revolves around everyone spending all their time traveling around the wastes looking for XP or loot, there is you could take the towns out completely at this point and just make them a one screen meeting area.

There needs to be more significant NPCs in town, more jobs, more quests, more lenience for criminals. Each town should have its own set of laws, especially if it does not belong to the NCR.

After making 5 different characters all of which I hate, I'm sick of hunting in the wastes, I'd like to do something in the towns.

if you are not suggesting any particular job or activity then your suggestion is useless, this game is still beta, still much content we will receive, just be patient :)
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:37:28 pm »

The mines are fine, I would even halve the regen rate.

Some times of day there are 450 people on- that's the "problem".
It is also the kernel of the solution- with so many on, deals could be made.

Stores/etc. are still being tinkered, so I'll just wait on that.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

avv

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 10:54:54 am »

Agreed that towns lack activities. But activities should always revolve around tc and influence.

Suggestions:
Every town could have advanced workbench, or it could be bought with influence. When non-members use the workbench, the controllers gain influence. Influence is only added after the bench is used, product crafted and the product and its owner have left the town. Just like mining. Only 2nd tier items count, otherwise it's spammed with low tier crap by members. They can still "spam" 3rd tier with their alts but it's okay because they are risking it.

Caravan packing. Caravan packing could increase the rate how fast shops restock, but only in unsafe tc towns. It's burdensome work so controllers best call some noobs to help than do it themselves. And even if they do it themselves, it's okay since they are in town and doing stuff. Restock bonus is added after the job is done and the worker has left the map.

Customized merchant. Controllers can set what they want to buy or sell and then set a price for it with caps. The controllers must fill the merchant's cap and product pool regularly.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 11:07:10 am »

Every town could have advanced workbench
Yes. Even you camping house have now Craftingbench+fireplace, so why not add better craftingbench to towns?

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 03:51:09 pm »

Yes. Even you camping house have now Craftingbench+fireplace, so why not add better craftingbench to towns?
Yeah, and add HQ mine to NCR's Bazaar, so many people wouldn't have to leave this trollhole at all.

Jeez.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 03:22:42 am »

Advanced workbench should be a pain in the ass to access- and should require recharging, repaires, possibly temporary repairs to an intallations' power supply if available, and so on.

Shinies should be rare and precious.

----------------

I predict the "standard MMO-ers" will wear down the devs with player-friendly "gaminess" requests.

Then there will be not much fun for me.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.539 seconds with 28 queries.