"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 01:46:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Companions?  (Read 15800 times)

Re: Companions?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:39 pm »

You logged out in a corner, and you were probably murdered your companion along with you.  They have trouble respawning so that is the probable cause.  ~pp and see if they still take up party points, if not they were unable to respawn, if so...possibly are trying to respawn and is having a script problem so you should contact a GM.

Um, yeah i loged out in a corner, but i loged in alive. And i know for sure, that my companion was with me, in that corner. So this doesnt make any sense. I checked the PP counter. its 0  :-\

Even if i got murdered, arnt companions supposed to be permanent, regardless what happens? If they arnt, there is no reason to use them over mercs :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:12:31 pm by Dzej »
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 06:24:22 pm »

Companions can wear any type of armor=stronger than merc at later levels (seems as though they cannot switch their helmet currently)

Them not respawning is a bug, also I doubt the companion disappears as you did in logout, so it may have been sitting there and been murdered.
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 07:27:19 pm »

Companions can wear any type of armor=stronger than merc at later levels (seems as though they cannot switch their helmet currently)

Them not respawning is a bug, also I doubt the companion disappears as you did in logout, so it may have been sitting there and been murdered.

A bug? Nice one...i dont wanna know, how many companions suffered the same destiny. Hope this is fixed soon. Thank you.  :)
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 12:03:40 am »

Um, yeah i loged out in a corner, but i loged in alive. And i know for sure, that my companion was with me, in that corner. So this doesnt make any sense. I checked the PP counter. its 0  :-\

Even if i got murdered, arnt companions supposed to be permanent, regardless what happens? If they arnt, there is no reason to use them over mercs :)

Still there is a reason, mercs cant carry ur stuff while companion does + you can change hes armor but companion got lower hp than merc but companion lvl's up with patience and luck.

Ok i dont wanna whine again but please make companion a bit easier to find if possible? ty.
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 01:42:56 am »

Mercs level up too.
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 09:29:49 pm »

Finally got companion, two of them, in fact. But, I ended up with Melee/Big Guns.

Wait, if they say they're proficient with Flamer/Rocket Launcher, that just means Big Guns in general, right? Because they'd have a higher big guns skill? So I could probably give my companion an m60?

Same thing with melee, she said 'Spears and sledgehammers' but I could give her a ripper/super sledge?

Btw, if I level them up, will all their combat skills get higher? So I could eventually use my melee companion with a pistol?
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 11:33:13 pm »

Finally got companion, two of them, in fact. But, I ended up with Melee/Big Guns.

Wait, if they say they're proficient with Flamer/Rocket Launcher, that just means Big Guns in general, right? Because they'd have a higher big guns skill? So I could probably give my companion an m60?

Same thing with melee, she said 'Spears and sledgehammers' but I could give her a ripper/super sledge?

Btw, if I level them up, will all their combat skills get higher? So I could eventually use my melee companion with a pistol?

Afaik all skills are improved when lvled up. And if they say something like flamer/rocket launcher, i guess all big guns are involved.
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:46 am »

Anyone know if its possible to disband a specific companion out of various?
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 09:54:40 am »

Have the ones you want with you. Then type  ~disbandparty away_team this will remove the followers that are on a different map then you.
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 04:00:29 pm »

Have the ones you want with you. Then type  ~disbandparty away_team this will remove the followers that are on a different map then you.

Thanks much dude !  :D
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2012, 03:29:15 am »

Yea, I already found 2 as well.

Maybe we could gather up their spawning locations? So that we won;t have to run around locations they don't spawn,
or know where to look to not just pass right beside them?
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 05:35:08 am »

Yea, I already found 2 as well.

Maybe we could gather up their spawning locations? So that we won;t have to run around locations they don't spawn,
or know where to look to not just pass right beside them?

There is already a thread about locations, but its poor. I see a huge problem with everyone knowing every location. I have already noticed a huge increase in people searching for companions the last days. Its like everyone is looking for them non-stop. Dont get me wrong. I got no problem with other players finding companions, gut its just annoying when you know that the chance to get one yourself is already shitty and it gets even worser with all the people running around in search for them.

I already suggested a "companion location hint system", at least that would eliminate the blind search over a couple of hours. Or just incease the spawnrate Or make it so, that there is ALWAYS at least one companion waiting somewhere and as soon as he's grabbed, another one spawnes immediately
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 12:36:50 pm »

Keep in mind that there are still some that can't find any for a week.
I almost gave up searching for them myself, since I couldn't find any, while roaming almost any city,
and then BAM got one in Hub just standing there browsing items in the shop.

Had to change character, run there as fast as hell, and had him. He of course didn;t make it back to the base
because he didn't tag along from one encounter, so probably there is another week of searching for one more.

That's why I would gladly put locations I found my companions origins, because my friends still can't find any.
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:31 pm »

Ok, I got a question. Got a companion. Boosted him up a few lvl's, but he got killed by a player.

I told him to meet me up in case we got lost (or killed) in my tent, which I set up.
But he's not there and my party points are at 0.

Bug or...?
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2012, 11:38:26 pm »

Bug. I have lost a few companions this way, though most of the times in normal encounters with npc's.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.