"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 21, 2024, 10:22:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Silent Death bursters  (Read 28595 times)

Silent Death bursters
« on: January 14, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »

Sneakers are cool, but that insane dmg givien by silent death perk with SMGS is too much. With my alt was farming tabacco leafs was hit 1k form 1 hex, 975 form one hex, 295 from maybe 5 hex dunno even didnt saw my killer. I know that motion sensor will help a lot, still if u want farm u must spend ap, its clear opportunity to sneaker to kill the target. I know its alt without good gear and toughness perks, still to me it looks if I would have Ba 2 toughness I still would be one shooted. So my personal opinion too much dmg without effort and cant farm thing even with my main(maybe its possible but very risky)

What do you think? Maybe you they are well balanced now or terrible mistake?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
Re: Silent Death bursters
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »

'Silent' and 'burst' ?

I don't think this was a good move, I for one wouldn't cry if it'd be removed.   
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 03:07:27 pm »

I think the whole crying thing about one critical burst is getting a bit much. Didn't we use to have crit bg bursters prewipe? who had a 1/4th chance for insane damage (or was that preprewipe?)? You didn't whine then. but now when you are standing around as a bluesuit mining you whine that somoene kills you from behind (or collecting tabacco).
in the originals post case. it might aswell have been a sniper with a simple hunting rifle that could have killed him. when you walk around with no gear and get killed very easily, why are people suprised and angry? it's the same thing with hh, people die once while having no gear. and suddenly they refer to hh being overlords who cannot be beaten by anyone and immidiently needs to be nerfed.

I say, let this play out for some time. see what happens, what when people start using proximity sensors? how will that go? Don't nerf anything till you have seen it in action for quite some time. factions, and people are still developing. Because of this there is no true balance of power yet. and no one knows or can know what is OP and what isn't.

JovankaB

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 03:12:44 pm »

Farming with bluesuit you don't risk anything! Thank god there are sneak bursters.
I think I'm going to make sneak burster myself, and burst bluesuits with stupid metagaming names like "FarmAltModoc" or "BarterHub".
As long as you would have normal name and a jacket, you would be safe.

Wasteland should be harsher for alts. There must be balance in the nature.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:44:16 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 03:45:44 pm »

SD is obviously OP, but it's my favorite thing in FOnline now. You can Rambo kill everyone. Just go to BH and burst chosens! That's fun, they can't do anything to you, even if they buy militia... pff, burst it - no more militia!  Also if you need someone die in NCR, you'll make him dead 100% and nothing will help him. That's fun perk and the only thing that can stop SD sneaker is another SD sneaker, everyone else for you are just meatbags or target practice.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 03:49:27 pm »

Pff u didnt read my all post or what? Im not saying that he are able to kill my bluesuit. Im saying that silent killer with smgs can kill 24 lvl guy in one shot with BA(just guessing), still you must fight that sneaker with full equipment and for what reward? 10mm smgs? I didnt played much pre wipe season so dunno about those big gun sneakers, maybe I got killed one time but he had minigun not lame smgs and u can do big gun sneaker here too with 25% crt but why would u do that? And yes later I think I will do sneaker too to have fun. And yes they must be tested in time, im not saying nerf them now.

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 04:00:12 pm »

Pff u didnt read my all post or what? Im not saying that he are able to kill my bluesuit. Im saying that silent killer with smgs can kill 24 lvl guy in one shot with BA(just guessing)

Maybe you should take the risk, or gather item with a friend.
I have seen people farming tobacco with a sneaker backup. I think it's pretty cool.
Remember no cooldowns now so you don't lose that much time even if you die.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:03:41 pm by JovankaB »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 04:18:57 pm »

It's just mistake to make stealth based character that strong. Just remember how PvP servers looked back when WoW had world PvP (later killed by introduction of flying, eh).
It's even bigger mistake to let them use entry gear to already dominate best possibly obtainable gear (aka instakilling BA with 10mm smg).
But it's also mistake to nerf so early without proper testing :d.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 04:28:26 pm »

It's just mistake to make stealth based character that strong. Just remember how PvP servers looked back when WoW had world PvP
I played rogue once, was fun but I didnt one shot anyone :D...anyway
I dont care about tabacco at all, I get it when I get it, but I cant teach that sneaker a lessen with my main, thats frustrating, need to have sneaker by myself(and I think I will make it). Maybe it will be fun to play mouse cat/cat mouse, but every other builds will suffer from what I have seen...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:30:15 pm by Eraus »

Jescri

• TTTLA
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 04:34:01 pm »

Cool. We gonna have Tekken fights (uber HtH char) and Ninja fights (uber sneakers) in a smurf world (they are all in bluesuits).
Welcome to FOnline.
[My signature was too big, like Jescri's dick]

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 05:54:39 pm »

Not that rogues were one-shot killing anyone, they just killed in stun things that rendered opponent completely harmless (back in original game there was no way to get rid of those stuns for almost every class), but that's not the point.
Point is that you can always choose whenever and whoever you want to fight, and mostly what you give up is just defense (same for rogues), but that is also the thing you need the least with those tactics.

It sucks a little in mass fights, but it's by no way useless, it just requires some skill or brain to do well, unlike brainless stalking. It's almost never fun to search for them anyway, as mostly they can only be revealed when they do mistake.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »

Told ya
A feature, that cant be defended against is not a good feature.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Gaizk

• -40 5mm +1 Frag
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 08:34:53 pm »

This is ridiculous, NOTHING on this game come anywhere as close to the massive damage potential of this perk, nothing absolutely nothing. Given how sneak got substantially boosted its easier than ever to sneak upon someones back and end his life its just bad I certainly do not approve this.
I think it's much better now. It's strange to see how everyone is a millionare in a wasteland..
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 09:13:28 pm »

Sneak was buffed to much , perk isn't the real problem.

but i guess because of this much whining it will be nerfed or deleted.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 09:14:42 pm »

Burst working on SD was actually a bug and not intended. It just seemed like it could be a fun experiment to let it work and see what happened.

I still think it should be perfectly possible to defend against - to disagree with Sarakin, but we shall see.

Don't nerf anything till you have seen it in action for quite some time. factions, and people are still developing. Because of this there is no true balance of power yet. and no one knows or can know what is OP and what isn't.

This is exactly what will be happening, let the counters to the counters of the counters develop first! ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 27 queries.