"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:59:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question about followers and new system  (Read 1811 times)

Question about followers and new system
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:22:24 am »

If i have char 1(10PP) and speech 100(33PP) + good natured(50PP)+ magnetic personality(50PP) tottal 140PP

can i still get a companion and a merc at the same time to travel with me?

cause if char is 1 party limit is 1 i think so...

Does charisma affect companions or they just work only with party points?

If charisma is needed for them then how much i need so i am able to have 2 mercs or 1 merc 1 companion to travel with me?

PS i hope charisma affects only real player party limit and not companions or mercs
PS2. if char is 1 can u initiate dialog with companion?
ps3. where to find companion? i look all over bars and i didnt get any strange dialogs from anyone :(
 my speech is low atm but on end build it will be 100% so only with 100% speech and good natured, magnetic personality and char 1
with the above stats will i be able to talk and get a companion or 2 of them to follow me?

Ty in advance
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:29:26 am by Zogra »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Question about followers and new system
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:24:09 am »

charisma does not determine how many follower max you can have only your PPs.  nothing else.

and yes you can have ANY followers no matter the mix as long as they fit into your PPs.

Only party-ponts.

Dunno if u can talk to them with char 1...  i would think so.

they are very rare.  try looking for one later in the night. ( or lowest population anyways)

btw, very useful thing for mercenaries:

My little minesweeper.  :)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:02:29 am »

ty for all the info xD

but are you sure that with char 1 i can have 2 mercs at the same time following me in wastelands ?

dunno if i can get companions or talk then but with char 1 u can talk to merc vendor at ncr i checked that  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:04:41 am by Zogra »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 04:04:38 am »

but are you sure that with char 1 i can have 2 mercs following me in wastelands at the same time?
Long as you got the points, BUT, maybe you cannot have (MERCENARIES) because, I remember their dialogue would say some bs about you so ugly when u talk to them pre-wipe with 1 charisma.  It's probably still there.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 04:05:48 am »

Long as you got the points, BUT, maybe you cannot have (MERCENARIES) because, I remember their dialogue would say some bs about you so ugly when u talk to them pre-wipe with 1 charisma.  It's probably still there.

no no i checked ncr with my BG char he got charisma 1 and he was able to speak to ncr merc vendor for humans at least  8)

and i could buy some if i had the caps

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 04:08:23 am »

your good to go then :).
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 04:11:06 am »

yeah thats great news ty again i wish u had replied earlier ;D

now the question is if i can talk to a companion to make him follow me with char 1...
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 10:32:29 pm »

How about drugs that give + charisma? lets say you got a follower just because you used some + charisma drugs. when the buff wears off, do they still stick to you or do they leave because of not enough PPs? :)

another question: do you get xp from companion-kills? i can remember, that was the case in fallout 2
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:40:34 pm by Dzej »

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 06:57:24 am »

I have a question about the new system.  What about human (player) followers?  Is it still (CH-1)/2?  Or is it different for players following you now?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:30:40 am »

I have a question about the new system.  What about human (player) followers?  Is it still (CH-1)/2?  Or is it different for players following you now?
if you mean purely players, then yes, charisma and charisma alone still controls that.

if you mean Human NPC followers, then no, it's only based on party-points which is a mix of perks speech Skill and charisma.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 07:35:35 am »

but with 1 ch you can't take folowers on WM

tryed to have a brahmin and told me that i do not have the CH required to lead the party

so you need CH to transport people

1 point of CH is maximum in WM party you can carry

4 CH you can carry yourself on WM and otehr 3 folowers, NPC or player
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 12:25:34 pm »

So what about my Question 4 posts before. any clues?  :)
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 12:31:36 pm »

do you get xp from companion-kills? i can remember, that was the case in fallout 2

you don't get any exp from companion kills
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 02:17:29 pm »

Damn. Tahnks Dr.Parchir

How about drugs that give + charisma? lets say you got a follower just because you used some + charisma drugs. when the buff wears off, do they still stick to you or do they leave because of not enough PPs?
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 08:57:11 am »

guys .......

confirmed i cant move my merc with charisma 1......

2 bad wasted so many days lvling my char and making the big tent with my mates and now i gotta delete my char again once more again....
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.