"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:58:11 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: post wipe build dilemma  (Read 1638 times)

post wipe build dilemma
« on: January 09, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »

Hey guys, i was thinking about a sniper-crafter build. So i got the old dilemma in the special point distribution. Well, to balance that i found the bruiser perk wich gives ST 4. Well, with this amount i can take 2 perks more (dont need the weapon handling and the strong back anymore) AND, have 2 more points to distribute (2 points i'll use to get AG 10). Well, this could be confusing, so this is why I'm asking, even if its too soon... With only 8 AP i'll be a capable fighter? I mean, i'm a loner, so i dont think in using multiple characters... I can take AP perks, but this seems like wasting perks. Anyway, i've made this build, so take a look and please give some ideas. Already thanks  ;D

i've made this sample http://www.nitue.net/#fcp/direct!id=665

ps: I took a lot of 'more damage' perks, are they really useful for snipers?
ps2: sorry for the bad english
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:30:53 am by Stigmata »
... in this you can trust

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
Re: post wipe build dilema
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 04:12:42 pm »

With only 8 AP i'll be a capable fighter?

I would at least take Bonus Rate of Fire perk.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 04:14:22 pm »

i would take 1 end, since, any way if somebody catches you, you are dead. with 9 perception you should keep enough distance and maybe even shoot without being seen, that should keep you alive. if you bring your small guns skill up to 225 you can take fast shoot perk which would compensate AP decrease due to bruiser. If you want to shoot in head/eye you should take more luck to have more crits (maybe use points from end).

p.s. right now it would be really tough to level a character like this, especialy alone. wasteland is full of murderer trolls. So keep strugling, don't give up and good luck!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 04:16:17 pm by набегат »
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:30:06 am »

really thanks for the tips. Well, as a loner, 1 EN will let my leveling even more 'painful' so i think that 4 its ok (i took all the +crit perks to compensate it). And this is another point, do you guys think that the more damage perks are usefull? I mean, i took all the damage perks (3 more dam and 1 living anatomy) what means +9 in every attack. This actually leaves no slot for BROF ( wich is another problem, because OR i take BROF or I take 150 outdoorsman and te related perks)

ps: theres a way to take the outdoorsman perks using drugs?
Re: post wipe build dilemma
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:30 am »

the ranged damage perks are a terrible choice for snipers imo.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 03:51:37 am »

thanks spears, i thought it was at least 'good'. But, well, wich perk i take then? With 10 AG I could take all the armor class perks and get 90 AC... I'm not sure if this is actually good though. Anyway, at least I can get the thoughness, gain PE and quick reload :D

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:14:44 am »

thanks spears, i thought it was at least 'good'. But, well, wich perk i take then? With 10 AG I could take all the armor class perks and get 90 AC... I'm not sure if this is actually good though. Anyway, at least I can get the thoughness, gain PE and quick reload :D

Check your PM
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 01:09:11 pm »

Im not actually sure of the sniper rifle stats this season but unless you are really into your crafting i would consider building around the .223 pistol rather than the sniper as it is much easier to obtain.

The bonus ranged damage perks are more designed for bursters as they get the benefit of it on each bullet.

I wouldnt bother with Ac for a sniper either, mainly because it olny works when you are moving which ideally you wont be.

If you want to keep reasonable endurance i would sacrifice strength (you can override a st deficit when shooting by having obscenely high weapon skill) If you are a loner i guess you will be doing most of your pvp in tb once it is fixed, if this is the case i would make sure you can aimed shot twice per round. Also if fighting tb you will rarely get to engage at maximum sniper rifle range i would take 8pe and smoke cigs.
You probably dont need ALL the more crit perks either, I would suggest in order of importance. Better crits, Even more crits, Brof , action boys,(im a fan of gain luck rather than standard more crits as this helps the crit chance but more importantly the crit roll)
Beyond these it depends on how much combat you are going to be doing vs crafting. For better combat take bonus move at level 3 or for better crafting take packrat to counter the defecit of small frame.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 05:12:58 pm »

thanks again spears. Well, the good doctor sent me a solid sniper build (i dont liked the finesse trait though). And well, i tried to build something like this,  the idea is real time build (can take less perk and special points focused on tb) so you can make yourself more 'survivable' taking LG and END (i took the bruiser too, which is not a 'tb perk'). the final build will only have 7 AP

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:15 pm »

Man, you must choose, if you are going to be a sniper, you got 2 choices, 10 luck, finesse, more critical, and even more critical, that way it would be a crippler, every shot in the eyes adds a +60% chance of critical, +10% of finesse, +15 of perks, +10 of luck would leave you with a 95% critical chance on the eyes, and a shot in the eyes can insta-kill anything, not regarding the hp of the person, there is a chance of insta-kill, but if you plan to be a non-crit sniper, well, that will surely don't work, I advise you making a burster, with an assault rifle, or if you are going to actually do a sniper, make a crippler with those perks.

Doobee

• You get what you paid for.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 12:52:43 pm »

Hey there. I was wondering if you could tell me how energy crafting works after wipe? Do I need science just like in pre-wipe or is it only up to materials I need to gather? I am kinda working on badass craft/energy sniper build + sneaker with laser rifle and crippler too which could result in badass TB maybe even RT combo :) So do I need science for that ? By the way whats about these quests ? Its something like perks but through quests ? It would make me be quite dangerous with awareness too and perhaps Swift Learner A.S.A.P. and since I am taking Loner trait it could be quite easy level. Need any informations about this because I am ready for some serious crit/shit/crippling :)

Doobee

Edit : One more question. If I take Nuka Cola does it count like base value of perception when taking quest for Awareness? I mean I made a character with 5 perception and for Awareness quest u need 6. Is Nuka Cola enough to get the quest ?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:30:32 pm by Doobee »

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 02:09:46 pm »

Man, you must choose, if you are going to be a sniper, you got 2 choices, 10 luck, finesse, more critical, and even more critical, that way it would be a crippler, every shot in the eyes adds a +60% chance of critical, +10% of finesse, +15 of perks, +10 of luck would leave you with a 95% critical chance on the eyes, and a shot in the eyes can insta-kill anything, not regarding the hp of the person, there is a chance of insta-kill, but if you plan to be a non-crit sniper, well, that will surely don't work, I advise you making a burster, with an assault rifle, or if you are going to actually do a sniper, make a crippler with those perks.

Wait, dont forget helmets. They provide some critical hit protection now.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.