"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:24:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Restore old traiding and mining  (Read 1634 times)

Restore old traiding and mining
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:59:49 am »

Why i can't trade normally? Everything what can i do is giving stuff for free. And why i can't dug recources  when i have time for this? It was fine as it was before wipe. Even with thoese stupid cooldowns it was better.

Sheisserick

• Drugdealer - PM me
Re: Restore old traiding and mining
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 09:41:24 am »

Relax dude, its been 1 day!

Give the new gameplay a chance.
Considder the new gathering system, a unique opportuníty to use other methods of obtaining materials/equipment.

Im especially thinking about "player to player trading" for what ever you might need.
And really... any MMORPG should mainly be about people interaction.

/Sheisserick
"Once you get locked into a serious drug-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can!"

Implement Auctions in FLC banks
Endgame idea
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:26:45 am »

What the hell are you talking about? What chance? I need to play in 2.00 AM when i want resorces?  "Player to player" is ok but players ussualy don't have what i want or don't want buy things from me. Or don't want sell me their stuff. New gathering and traiding system is idiotic and it will be idiotic even after years.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 10:55:07 am »

Trading is ok, its harder, makes you travel arround few cities, it deserve a chance.

About mining, for now as it seems resurces are avaible only to bigger groups (which sux especially for new players), but as Dev said in other thread, resurces refreshing time will be fixed: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=20031.msg167783#msg167783
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 11:14:47 am »

This resource system is the best new thing that has happened to this server ever. Big gangs no longer has advantage by using a lot of proxy miner alts , the problem now will be fighting over resources and controlling them but that's really good.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:20:42 am »

It won't be going back.

The resource regeneration is touch to get to the right level, given that there are lots of players active and more of them than usual are wanting to craft at the moment. Eventually I'm sure the regeneration will find a decent level so it's not too annoying, but not always available either.

Traders, I have new lists ready for them, they will be a lot more generic so its hopefully easier to understand what you can sell and where.

It will also be changed so that reputation is more important than barter for the prices offered, so there is no need to create barter alts.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 11:41:18 am »

This resource system is the best new thing that has happened to this server ever. Big gangs no longer has advantage by using a lot of proxy miner alts , the problem now will be fighting over resources and controlling them but that's really good.

I would say that new wipe brought us a lot of great changes but imo mining is not the best of it - but its pointed in right direction. Big gangs still keep their advatage... in fire power.

I'm afraid that bigger gangs has unlimited need in resources so it wont actually stop, It was easy to notice while Pre-Wipe Madness... Ive seen tons of ammo, tons of weapons and tons of best armors, because they are made "just in case", so its more likely that mines will be crowded till last day before next wipe.

But this is just mine point of view even that I like how things changed, maybe mining form radom enounters would help a bit?
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 02:08:15 pm »

remove ore mining altogether, but give more minerals. Metal can be gotten easily but gunpowder cannot. I like the limited traders as well but no one seems to be interested in anything, no gun shop buys a newly crafted 10mm pistol offered by a barter tagged player. Also if they don't 'want' an item it shouldn't spawn in there inventories,correct?
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 04:21:23 pm »

Chill and wait. The community will find its way to profit from the changes, there's no reason to get mad after such short amount of time.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Sheisserick

• Drugdealer - PM me
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 10:06:58 pm »

I would say that new wipe brought us a lot of great changes but imo mining is not the best of it - but its pointed in right direction. Big gangs still keep their advatage... in fire power.
This would be true in a real apocalyptic world, so I see no reason it shouldnt be here too?

As one of the few players that enjoy bartering, more than actual fighting, I welcome the new tougher barter system.
Supply and demand should be the main factor, when determining the prices in the world.
"Once you get locked into a serious drug-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can!"

Implement Auctions in FLC banks
Endgame idea

desertfox2126

• Whats sup Gurl Pantz
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 10:23:39 pm »

so ive gone to 4 different  merchants, and even if they have the item im trying to seel to them in they're inv, the value of my items is 0. whats the deal with that ???

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 12:12:16 am »

I only have one opinion about new mining and i think devs must take it in count:
The new mining sistem make mine dont depend of yourself, instead you have to wait 10min, hope that ore isnt depleted, and that stuff depend of all players and a global cooldown, etc.
The old system was better because YOU could mine without care of what other people do, even with the cooldown.

Thats mi opinion, everything else is really ok
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 03:14:54 am »

So mines are just another TC, with the resource regeneration being the "Chest".

It is ok with me.

More realistic.

But big mining gang operations should attract Raiders or even other NPC factions.
BoS/Junktown may impose a "tax" on nearest mine and shoot gangers that have gun in active slot, similar for other mines with NPC factions nearby.

The "tax" would just be a chance that an NPC contingent would show up, not necessarily a continuous thing.

Small time miners would just slip through/be ignored.

Still, a few will hog the resources.

Wasteland Harsh.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 01:09:13 pm »

It won't be going back.

The resource regeneration is touch to get to the right level, given that there are lots of players active and more of them than usual are wanting to craft at the moment. Eventually I'm sure the regeneration will find a decent level so it's not too annoying, but not always available either.

I have proposition. Maybe 3 hour of free mining and 3 hours of "break" will be better. It's like compromise between new and old system.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 10:16:29 pm »

This system is best i experienced.

It forces players to use multiple sources:

No res in mines => loot broken and bad item and disasemble it for basic res.
 Use traders, traveling across wasteland is faster. Learn which trader buy specific items.
 Trade with other players.

So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 24 queries.