• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Perks  (Read 32446 times)

Re: Perks
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 04:10:40 am »

Does Bonus Move give a speed bonus in RT?

I'm in a position where I can get tons of useful support perks, but some of my Level Perk opportunities are useless to me even with squatting. If only there were a way to cash Perks in for more skill points. Maybe a level worth.

Also, some things should perhaps be both Level and Support, to get multiple ranks, perhaps to get with lower reqs as a higher level perk.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 05:38:26 am »

I'm in a position where I can get tons of useful support perks, but some of my Level Perk opportunities are useless to me even with squatting. If only there were a way to cash Perks in for more skill points. Maybe a level worth.
I don't like all 3rd level perks too, so you can take Skilled trait, skip perk on 4th level, wait for 6th level, and pick 6th level perk, then do the same with 8th level, skip it, wait till 9th, take 9th level perk, this way you'll lose only 1 perk (12, 16, 20, 24 vs 12, 15, 18, 21, 24), but you'll get 5*23=115 skill points.
Btw it's effective for sneakers, if you don't need weapon handling on 3rd level, you can take skilled and just don't take Ghost perk, because all bonuses are capped at 300 anyway, and with so high skill points you can max out sneak even with 200% weapon skill and replace ghost perk, because you'll always get "benefit" not only near walls and you won't lose any perks at all.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 08:30:26 am »

i whant to know if HtH evade works with melle

so i can reppel bullets with my Wakizashi blade like in Madness Combat?

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 08:34:43 am »

Does Bonus Move give a speed bonus in RT?

Bonuse Move is only useful in TB.
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 08:57:52 am »

I don't like all 3rd level perks too, so you can take Skilled trait, skip perk on 4th level, wait for 6th level, and pick 6th level perk, then do the same with 8th level, skip it, wait till 9th, take 9th level perk, this way you'll lose only 1 perk (12, 16, 20, 24 vs 12, 15, 18, 21, 24), but you'll get 5*23=115 skill points.
Btw it's effective for sneakers, if you don't need weapon handling on 3rd level, you can take skilled and just don't take Ghost perk, because all bonuses are capped at 300 anyway, and with so high skill points you can max out sneak even with 200% weapon skill and replace ghost perk, because you'll always get "benefit" not only near walls and you won't lose any perks at all.

I am skilled- it was really just the 8th level one I was having trouble finding a good selection for even after squatting.
I thought Ghost was an engine exception to the 300 rule.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 09:02:22 am »

I thought Ghost was an engine exception to the 300 rule.
Well from:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=20006.0

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 06:26:38 am »

Weapon Handling

Ranks: 1
    Generic requirements: Level at least 3, Small Guns or Big Guns at least 100
    Description: You can wield weapons much larger than normally allowed. You gain a +2 to your strength for the purposes of Strength checks when trying to wield weaponry.

this perk give only 2 str?
before wipe he give 3

i need to small guns
there is no error?

on fcp it still gives +3 str on weapon check  dunno whats going on trying to find out myself

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 08:35:51 am »

on fcp it still gives +3 str on weapon check  dunno whats going on trying to find out myself

Not really, the description in FCP says +2.
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 05:24:55 pm »

Not really, the description in FCP says +2.

No, make some calculations with weapon calculator soon or later u will understand that FCP counts weapon handling perk as +3str and not as +2 as it says

Btw i never said that description says something different from +2

Also i made a thread about this matter last night so i get a formal reply about this bug or outdated FCP perk but my threat is gone and i am like WTF?

DEVS please we gotta know whats going on into game i spent all my days since the wipe trying to find out how i will make my chars and you dont clarify things well enough so most things are still fuzzy to me and i loose my days trying to find out things that would be more simple if you explain better i would have been 24 by now 2 chars....

please someone officially clarify is weapon handling perk +3 or +2 into game??? if its +2 into game why in FCP it says +2 and in weapon calculator it counts as +3???

Ok enough with my biatch talking ^^

I am very happy with this game i am big fan of fallout (oldones) series and even that crafting and repairing is messed up 2238 wastelands still feels like home to me :P

Goodjob to all peps that participate into dev team and to all people that support fo2238 keep up the good work and ty for making this happend

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 05:31:45 pm »

Dude FCP isn't anything official, you see the description of the perk in a dev post and in the FCP, but calculator do it another way (pre wipe style), assume the calculator is wrong because Opera forgot to update that and report the bug to Opera...
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 06:32:11 pm »

To save your head exploding, its +2 :P
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 06:43:24 pm »

To save your head exploding, its +2 :P

ok ty for the info  ;D
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 06:46:19 pm »

Dude FCP isn't anything official, you see the description of the perk in a dev post and in the FCP, but calculator do it another way (pre wipe style), assume the calculator is wrong because Opera forgot to update that and report the bug to Opera...

ok ty for the info but do you know if there is anything else besides this perk that weapon calculator calculates the old way?

Cause if its this only then i can calculate -1 strength and still have accurate results about my weapon chances
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 04:00:33 am »

Just tested getting awareness perk by using cigs. Sadly it doesnt work.
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 04:06:20 am »

Just tested getting awareness perk by using cigs. Sadly it doesnt work.

as always.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.