"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 12:20:30 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Linux Client Fix  (Read 6535 times)

Saumax

• The one who challenges the sun
    • NRA Forum
Linux Client Fix
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:52:10 pm »

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The upcoming client contain config tool which require .NET along with 2238 launcher, however .NET is a bit problematic under linux so here is small tutorial how fix it:

//NOTE: Wine Required//

1. open your terminal and write:
Code: [Select]
wget http://winetricks.org/winetricks
2. (Optional but recomended) write:
chmod +x winetricks
3. Next step is downloading mono for windows so write another command:
sh winetricks mono26
4. After all files are downloaded a setup window should pop up(if not just repeat a last command "sh winetricks mono26" it won't download mono anymore)

5. After "Next Next Yes Yes" you can run configure tool

6. Have fun with auto-aim feature ; ]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you want use winetricks in future then its wise to copy it into /bin/ then chmod +x it
If you do so then you will be able to run winetricks just by typing
winetricks in terminal or in some distros alt+f2 = command input

If you have a problems with client itself then here is a magical package which fix a lot of things (Thanks wrednypiwosz for this)
http://s6.baycdn.com/dl/a5861040/4f079b2d/0/14/230565/5ICvDP/8d88fc2ae776a6045a616a091984b052cc40978c/wine-patched_1.3.27-1_i386.deb
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:19:00 pm by Saumax »
Mr. T używa kastetów ponieważ siła uderzenia przeciwnika gołą pięścią jest zbyt duża.
Re: Linux Client Fix
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 07:50:02 pm »

thanks.
see you in the boneyard
shoot me an infallible kiss
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:18:05 pm »

How do I go about getting the magical package? URL just takes me to bayfiles homepage
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:41:28 pm »

Doesn't work for me either. I'd like to try it because I have those graphic glitches on wine but on Vista everything's fine. Maybe it's NVIDIA drivers, though. Oh and I'd prefer rpm and especially txz format.
see you in the boneyard
shoot me an infallible kiss

Saumax

• The one who challenges the sun
    • NRA Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

How do I go about getting the magical package? URL just takes me to bayfiles homepage
//EDIT// sorry i though you mean winetricks script, you must pm wrednypiwosz, he have this package or at least know where to find it
Maybe it's NVIDIA drivers
I doubt it, i testet several drivers for nvidia graphic and also played on other graphic cards with the same results
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:20:46 pm by Saumax »
Mr. T używa kastetów ponieważ siła uderzenia przeciwnika gołą pięścią jest zbyt duża.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:02:13 pm »

3. Next step is downloading mono for windows so write another command:
sh winetricks mono26

It should be noted that this version of mono is now deprecated. If you're not sure what the current version of mono is, still use
sh winetricks mono26
but when the install fails, look at the response from the wintricks servers, and you'll see a response pointing out the actual current version of mono. As of my response this is mono 2.10, which looks like
sh winetricks mono210
I doubt many people will find this useful, but it's still good to cover all the bases.
pagemaster(9)
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 10:52:54 pm »

Better yet, you can use
sh winetricks dlls list | grep mono
to quickly find latest supported version
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.