"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:52:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How does thieving work?  (Read 1253 times)

How does thieving work?
« on: January 02, 2012, 05:56:27 pm »

How does thieving work exactly?

Like, these scenarios occured today.

Scenario 1 - Person steals from me, guard sees it, I killed her, guard took the stuff on her.

Scenario 2 - I stole from person, get caught, she attacks me, I kill her.

Scenario 3 - I steal from person, she attacks me, I shoot her, town guard kills me.

Like, why did the town guard attack me in the 3rd scenario but not the 2nd one?
When she attacked me at first, why didn't the town guard attack her?

Also... is there anyway to prevent stealing? Like, i've watched this same person in Vault City, run in, steal, run out, come back, run in, steal, run out.
Assuming she puts it all in her tent.
Guy came in, she stole 2 guns, his ammo, his caps, and then ran.
If she gets killed, she just respawns, then continues on.
Is there anyway to prevent someone from stealing from you? Cause frankly it feels like thieving is wayyy too easy to pull off.

If I try to avoid them, they just follow me around, and the moment I stop, boom, steal everything, then bolt it to the exit grid.
And if I manage to kill them, the guards take what they stole so I still lose it!

Plus, if I have stuff with me at a minimum it would be. Gun, Ammo, Healing supplies.
And it would suck to have someone just, steal my healing supplies or ammo and run off since I can't carry all 3 at once.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:59:43 pm by Grimno »

JovankaB

Re: How does thieving work?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »

Like, why did the town guard attack me in the 3rd scenario but not the 2nd one?
When she attacked me at first, why didn't the town guard attack her?

Probably in the 2nd scenario she was unprotected (she failed steal from someone before) so guards didn't react when you attacked her.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 06:06:54 pm »

There are other ways to steal from you, in New Reno go to wrong corner and you your caps and gear may say goodbye just because ton of bulets with smg or minigun.

Its aint fair but honestly I prefere more thieves than chaotic gankers who incase of takeing your stuff lowers your hp and sends you to short way back to town/tent.

First scenario seems to be wrong coz guard took your belongings and you have no chance to get it back, but the rest, it depends on luck and perception.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 06:19:36 pm »

There are other ways to steal from you, in New Reno go to wrong corner and you your caps and gear may say goodbye just because ton of bulets with smg or minigun.

Its aint fair but honestly I prefere more thieves than chaotic gankers who incase of takeing your stuff lowers your hp and sends you to short way back to town/tent.

First scenario seems to be wrong coz guard took your belongings and you have no chance to get it back, but the rest, it depends on luck and perception.

Yeah, not really fair, lol. Luckilly all I lost when the guard killed me was some cheap armor, a shotgun, and some ammo.

I'm a huge fan of fallout, but, this just feels too unforgiving.

Everytime I enter a town to get armor/weapons, I'm paranoid someone is gonna shoot me, someone is going to steal from me, or someone is gonna plant a bomb on me and there's nothing I can do to stop them.

Anywhere that is suppose to be a safezone, isn't.
If someone steals from me, that item is gone for good.

Even with guns and some ammo, all I can really take down is brahmin and that takes time still.

Kinda feels like, I should make a new character, and just make them a thief, and i'd have a better time just taking what I need from everyone else since it's so easy.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:21:48 pm by Grimno »

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 06:22:18 pm »

I'm a huge fan of fallout, but, this just feels too unforgiving.

That's what FOnline is about usually.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 06:26:33 pm »

Everytime I enter a town to get armor/weapons, I'm paranoid someone is gonna shoot me, someone is going to steal from me, or someone is gonna plant a bomb on me
Welcome to FOnline.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 06:37:06 pm »

*sighs and goes back to stockpiling junk and earning EXP by avoiding battles via Outdoorsman*

Woohoo.

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 09:36:38 pm »

No need to level anymore, world is ending.
Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 09:46:38 pm »

I leveled new char less than a week ago :)
I still had quite some fun with it.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 28 queries.