"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 23, 2024, 01:09:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Resource gathering  (Read 7728 times)

Resource gathering
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:26:15 pm »

Ok so I hear that instead of gathering cooldown there will be limited resources to gather and then you'll have to wait for them to renew.  Any further input on this?  Like how bad is it? Are HQ areas going to be camped by BA guys so their buds can gather all of it leaving those not in a giant faction to never gather HQ?

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
Re: Resource gathering
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:37:27 pm »

How can we know such information ?  ::)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »

How can we know such information ?  ::)
I'm assuming that CBT isn't run by bots....

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:30:43 pm »

Well overall, the system which is now, already fixed by cutting cooldowns by half is great for me , and for loners, they can make bunch of ammo and decend weapon in one trip - not 10 times going to mine, Also getting ANY material shouldnt be hard, its just game not real life, and crafting is only to make things to use them in other way not to "keel enemies to get materials", Also crafting is boring - and it cannot be changed by dungeongs to get any resource, or wait for ANOTHER respawn of minerals etc.
It should stay as it is now, because its good enough - Did we hear big whines about crafting/getting resources? I think not so, because the "temporary" change - changed much for us.

I can just agree with new crafting propositions (blueprints) and I think its great not to make another 3 lvl alt to make equipment but one good character which can handle for example making Big Guns, shoot from them and also make armors.
h

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 09:44:30 am »

Ok so I hear that instead of gathering cooldown there will be limited resources to gather and then you'll have to wait for them to renew.  Any further input on this?  Like how bad is it? Are HQ areas going to be camped by BA guys so their buds can gather all of it leaving those not in a giant faction to never gather HQ?

Look here:

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=19614.msg164800#msg164800

...and go figure it up since nobody corrected me on this xD (Dang i hope i'm wrong on this one!)

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 02:54:07 pm »

I'm hoping it's not going to be like waiting for caps at a merchant to regenerate.  I.e. you go to gather resources "nope none here try again later" 

Later when? 5 min? 2 hours? what?
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »

I love the idea of limited resources, mining alt #5934 is now obsolete.  Also the fact that gangs may actually need to truly fight over resources should be very refreshing. Although a loner might be a little fucked over but we shall see.

Wallace

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 04:44:39 pm »

I love the idea of limited resources, mining alt #5934 is now obsolete.  Also the fact that gangs may actually need to truly fight over resources should be very refreshing. Although a loner might be a little fucked over but we shall see.

1) True. It's gonna be an era of Dismantler-Science alts #9543+

2) Is my translator working alright? Last time i checked "a little" didn't mean "totally"...  :o
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:47:04 pm by Wallace »

Roleplay!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 05:57:51 pm »

A little is the correct term as said loner will now have the option to buy it from the larger gangs, or those that arn't on during peak times will have a decent chance to get some.  There will be no dismantler-science alt considering if you have a high tech weapons ult, he dismantles just fine.

Wallace

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »

A little is the correct term as said loner will now have the option to buy it from the larger gangs, or those that arn't on during peak times will have a decent chance to get some.  There will be no dismantler-science alt considering if you have a high tech weapons ult, he dismantles just fine.

1) Oh yes! I can see that already. New trade language will be born! A loner will come to a gang and ask if he can buy some HQ thus meeting with 3 possible responses in most cases; loner get's shot once (new term of yes), or gets shot twice (new term for no) or will say that gang member doesn't know (burst). In most of these cases a gang member will make sure repeatedly that loner got the "i don't know" answer xD

2) True - hooray for those insomniac unemployed people and kids who can let themselves wait for that untill middle of the night...

3) Even if there will be no dismantler alts there will pe plenty of gather alts logged out next to every important resource area (log in alt #1 -> check area one -> getting killed -> relog to alt #2 elsewhere -> getting killed -> relog ->... (repeat this until ragequit or getting bored or...) -> relog to alt #215 -> going in -> getting stash of respawned mats and running away dodging grid campers...

Good luck loners! xD

EDIT: your line; "loner will now have the option to buy it from the larger gangs" will be going straight to epic quotes man xD
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:45:26 pm by Wallace »

Roleplay!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 09:34:46 pm »

It is intended to have HQ able to be mined behind some PvE "dungeon-like-thing".

This means you fight your way through some NPCs/critters and at the end of it is some HQ materials to gather. Its meant to be a longer way, which still requires you to do something vs the faster way in the open mines (but you might get your face shot off in those).

Of course, this thread just reminded me I still need to bug someone to make that map so we can introduce it with one of the post wipe updates ;)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 09:54:18 pm »

I can imagine cave/mine maps are not very entertaining to make :)

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2012, 10:29:43 pm »

I can imagine cave/mine maps are not very entertaining to make :)

They're insanely annoying to map because of all the pieces that have to fit together if you want a cave that has good geometry, that's why current caves tend to be copy&paste from earlier maps, hopefully we'll create a cave generator sooner or later...

JovankaB

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 11:02:20 pm »

Maybe if core devs published map file spec you wouldn't have to make such things yourself.
Edit: nvm, I just opened fomap in Notepad -.-
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:55:23 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 02:48:32 am »

Yes, please put it into epic quotes, just because you may not have good relations with larger factions does not mean others do not.  Insomnia and unemployed? Do you believe everyone plays on the same timezone?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.