"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:47:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Criticize this build.(low luck finesse build.)  (Read 1114 times)

Criticize this build.(low luck finesse build.)
« on: December 29, 2011, 09:26:02 pm »

My intention is to make a build to make big gunners cry in san fran area.
Turn based,cheap drugs only,and i need some critic.

5 str for no-drugs,no perks 223 handling.Also needed for some ammo-gear farming.
6 per-7 with cigs
8 endurance.
1 ch
6 int
9 agi and nuka (10)
l 5
one hander-finesse.

20% crits
aware-more crit-better crits-lifegiver-action boy-brof-action boy.

This makes:12 ap,2 eyeshot with 223,or 3 armshot with less ap small gun.194hp.

Criticism please.

Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
Re: Criticize this build.(low luck finesse build.)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 09:56:06 pm »

U cant take more critical with LK5.

that build dont make cry anyone around SF unfortunately. Most bg builds there, has

198 (or 222version) HP, 16ap (which means 2x burst LSW),

and if is hot, they can just left area. The only chance is to have max cripple chance, and cover, EACH turn.

I suggest you, less ordinary build. Just for example:

ST 7, PE 6, END 1, CHA 1, INT 6, AG 10, LK 10,
small frame, finesse,
sg, fa doc

use: jet.

awareness, MC, BC, BRoF, Bonus move x2, MC

u can say: 1end? But, why not?
U will hunt in gear like: .223 pistol with ammo, and maybe 14mm pistol with ammo. U die - u loose nothing.
But u can 3 limb shot in each turn, and hide around corner.
the only problem is to level up such build, its not easy, but doable.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 09:58:14 pm »

str7? hahaha for crippler? use str 2-3 and weapon handling
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 10:54:45 pm »

And what so funny? 7 st means, that u can use jet without any penalty (its 5st after drugs). also WH is wasted perk in that build, as you can take TB related perks (such as bonus move twice).
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 08:35:37 am »

the only problem is to level up such build, its not easy, but doable.
You can do that even in RT. Just get BA ;p critters will deal no damage to you. And if you're TB build, take bonus moves as fast as possible and then you can do that in TB in bluesuit without problems, so I see no problems with leveling up here.

sg, fa doc

Bonus move x2
Is it some kind of joke? You can't use FA and doc in TB and Bonus move in RT, RT/TB builds are even worse than combat/crafter builds.

ST 7, PE 6, END 1, CHA 1, INT 6, AG 10, LK 10,
small frame, finesse,
1) Nuka-cola isn't hard to get, and, especially, use in TB. So +1 SPECIAL from -1 AG.
2) 7 ST just not to have penalty with jet is... not good idea. Also if you're crippler in TB, you need EW - laser pistol - 35 range 4 AP base shot - best crippler weapon, requires 3 ST. I think ST must be 1. So +6 SPECIAL from -6 ST.
3) So you have on 7 SPECIAL more, so you can have 8 EN instead of 1. Or 6 EN and 7 PE and one hander trait instead of small frame.

So you'll have something like: 1 7 6 1 6 9 10, one hander, finesse, jet, nuka, cigs.

Skills: EW, gambling, speech (or any other 2 skills which you will never use, as you need only EW). Of course you can tag outdoorsman and fa, outdoorsman for walking on WM, FA for a bit faster XPing. Or science instead of fa if you want to craft SEC yourself. But you'll raise EW only and may be a bit outdoorsman.
Toughness (it's not a problem to check injuries in TB by clicking on enemies with binoculars), more crit, better crit (take it on 9th level, as it's fast as possible, it'll help in XPing much), more crit, brof, bonus move, bonus move.

12 AP +4 move AP, very low HP, 3 arm shots per turn. Make EW so high, that you'll have 95% to hit in the arm on 35 hexes with laser pistol with -40% from ST penalty, +20% from one hander bonus and ~30 AC of target.
In other words:
EW should be: 237%
Positive (PE and trait): 6*8=48; 20;
Negative (range, ST penalty, AC, 95% chance): 35*4=140; 40; 30; 95.
Total: 48+20-(140+40+30+95)=68-305=-237.

Edit: Actually EW must be higher, I forgot about arm's penalty -30%, so it'll be 267%, max possible EW with that build is 246%. What is very very bad. :D
So you won't have max possible chance to hit in the arms on max distance. And will have only 65% to hit in the arms on 35 hexes to 30 AC target. Of course you can take weapon handling instead of one more crit or get 3 ST and use buffout, but then you'll lose 3 SPECIAL (2 on ST and 1 on additional AG), so you'll have less EN on 2 and PE on 1.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:43:48 am by RavenousRat »
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:29 am »

Well if you switch to EW, than yes, less ST. But i think .223 pistol, or even 14mm pistol is better for crippling. Cause it still can do decent damage to your opponent.

As for FA and Doc, of course you cant use it in TB but its not the point. You said that, special char like this isnt usefull, so gun skill is enough. so why not Fa and doc? even for quick respawning - with those skills u can prepare yourself to revange fight without any stims:]
but again, its for my build, cause your idea brings huge hp boost. I wont say that this is bad, cause is not. All im saying, that my build, after levup, is dangerous, and doesnt need any investment (no armor, no stims, almost no drugs). So if you want to mess around sf, where you can die pretty easily anyway, its good choice.

PS: after switching to EW, you can put 2 st points into PE, to get more sequence, and FoV. Or maybe for charisma, and go for long range merc. But this could be tricky, cause he cant take a cover, so it means often death. From my expierence, its hard to kill anyone by laser pistol, but its a crippler build so u can aim in double legs cripple:]

PS2: naaah, i disagree. Awareness is must have. If you have one guy on map, checking injuries isnt a problem, but if there are 4 or 5 it can be tricky. And hp check is +++. also, for my build toughness is useless, cause u wont be hit. And if u get hit, u will die anyway, even with 2x toughness.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:58:22 pm »

Thanks for the help.Another huge problem is,my BG guns rivals have higher sequence than an average shooter,wich means they have at least 2 more sequence,so another queston for you-Should i focus my build on more sequences (one or two with 9 plus cigs per),or just on spawning the farthest possible to snipe them with hunting rifle-.223-laser-ecc...?

Damn,forgot 5 luck makes no more crits,what a noob.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.