"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 08:16:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Exploitable glitch - seeing "yellow dot" of Your car after death  (Read 8772 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Exploitable glitch - seeing "yellow dot" of Your car after death
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 06:33:41 pm »

You should be able to see the "yellow dot" when you walk/run out of the encounter. But when you die in that map, you shouldn't be able to see it.

This way we can still leave our cars near cities before entering, use "car tents", etc., but not exploit this for lame TB spider web traps.

Rage master

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 07:00:29 pm »

well said

avv

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »

Rascal there's one thing for you to consider: when you plan to fight those guys who made the encounter it's your decision. Seeing you're there with some sort of tb powerbuild you could just leave the encounter. There is no official game mode called "Turn based encounter combat" with specific rules like TC might have so we can't certainly tell what's balanced, fair or unjust. Moreover, it's possible to entirely turn off TB so you will never fall in that encounter.

i am not playing in tb but when i was i didnt cry on forum and demand from devs to change fo mechanics because i died and i lost my stuff. same i saw some shit when some pks killed hub old towns mines or gunner and they were killing everyone who was going in, normal player would just call his friends and kill them but some crying babies sended requesthelps to tell gms "gm they killed me in protected place, please punish them"...1rst of all try to deal with it yourself...

Just a note, Rascal is one of the top tb players in obt so best not make vague guesses about his intentions to make this thread. To me it seems he wants to improve the quality of tb combats, favouring tactical decisions over spamming alts over and over again.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 02:32:55 pm »

"Personal note":
I've entered TB encounter, called for back up (1 CH). Two of my friends entered. Enemies started to enter. Our sniper appeared in BAD place, so he was already dead. We ran to the cover and started the fight. First car appeared (~1 person can return after death). After few rounds another showed up (Hummer). I've run out of ammo and stimpacks - picked up ammo, but couldn't find any stims in piles after enemies. I looted BA while no enemy was visible from my position. Third car appeared (encounter was surely closed then - probably 3 or more chars could return to the encounter after death in any time and reequipped). I've decided to fall back - fully equipped enemy still coming and coming. My friend after turn of advance pulled back as well.

I've seen about 5 nicknames of enemy. But we killed at least 8 of them. I've seen 3 cars on map at the end.

My opinion: It's clearly an exploit of feature - the one that you can fight back for your car - should not be used to gain advantage of reenter after death possibility, when encounter is closed.

Proposed solution:
1. Yellow dot for car should appear only when you enter by accident. Neither entering red dot (call for help), nor entering detected encounters.
2. Yellow dot for car should appear only when you enter by accident or enter detected npc encounters. Neither entering red dot (call for help), nor entering detected encounters with player only.
3. Yellow dot for car should appear only when you enter by accident or intentionally, but not when you're entering red dot (call for help).
+ optional/4. Yellow dot for car should disappear when death occurred  2 times.

Rage master

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »

so what? you were swarmed...nothing special.
and many people use cars as car-tent to fast reequip.

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 05:31:26 pm »

so what? you were swarmed...nothing special.
and many people use cars as car-tent to fast reequip.

You, humans, are ignorant.

Logic:
1. feature?->success(people like it)?->leave it.
feature?->fail(people don't like it)?->change it/remove it.
2. bug?->fix it.
3. exploit?->unsportsmanlike significant disadvantage?->fix it/forbid it.

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 09:11:21 pm »

Well beyond the whole Exploit and such, It sounds like you had one interesting Battle, I wouldent even last that long into the fight, Cheers man =P

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 08:05:29 pm »

any feedback from devs ?
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 01:26:42 am »

nothing will change. i dont want to loose my car tents just beacuse you lost tb fight.
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 01:59:36 am »

if You are out ablity to read - dont write please
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 29 queries.