Other > Winter 2011/2012

Exploitable glitch - seeing "yellow dot" of Your car after death

(1/5) > >>

Rascal_:
Now the situation is that if You die inside encounter where You drove in by a car, You can still see that encounter after coming from respawn. I cant see any logical explanation for that, but ofcourse it wouldnt bother me if some players werent using it as an exploit.

two examples:

1. In Turn-base PvP they are using it as a "taxi" back to the fighting arena after they die inside.
Lets describe it more precisly - some tb gang finds enemies in TB so the first person inside is sending /help requiest to other gang members.
At least one of them is driving inside the red dot (help signal) and even if he got killed then immediately ho go back to his base when his also dead (already re-equipped) players are waiting for him. They go together on taxi character also very often using another second car and go back inside the encounter.

The game mechanics works that way that encounter is closed after 10 minutes and noone can enter, also if You die the red sginal dot is disappearing so You cant re-enter.  The yellow car dot exploit ruins those 2 mechanics allowing some cheater proxy players to unlimited reinforcments in TB battlefield. I was facing such enemies multiple times here is one example from today:

SCREENS --> http://imgur.com/a/2OSYv

3 cars inside total, 3 waves of reinforcments. We killed 8 hungarians in total (me + Dorian) but they were still coming and coming and we got out of stims and ammunitons so we need to left after antoher wave of reinforcments came inside encounter.

2. Mercs traps in RT - mercleaders are always using cars.
If they die they can always go back from respawn to their mercs "parked" safely in yellow car dot encounter.
If You gona remove this glitch it will be another step to block the RT mercs insta-death traps on wasteland.

Here is my suggested REMEDY (if You dont consider seeing Your car after death as something not logic and want to keep that in the game to make usuall players - not exploiting it -game easier):

I dont know if it is possible from scripting side but:
- create an exception in seeing car after death mechanise -> that if in the encoutner You drive in by car, during Your death - is any other player , then You dont see that encounter after death  That would solve both exploits

greece crisis:
because when you die on encounter by npc or fail trap you have chance to gat your car back. sometimes i got killed by npcs and i got tons in my trunk and i dont want to loose it. if you are going non preapered to tb fight well it isnt those guy problem and when tb is on you have higher chance to kill them because they are in on big swarm.
there was a time when parked car was marked red and everyone could see it.

Rascal_:

--- Quote ---because when you die on encounter by npc
--- End quote ---

if Your ekhem* newbie and die in that way its only your falt and You should pay the consequences - therefore You will be more careful next time, in my whole FO gaming I lost car like that ONCE :F

--- Quote ---because when you die on [...] fail trap you have chance to gat your car back
--- End quote ---

Noone on this server want Your RT cheat-like traps so if You fail in setting one You should pay all the consequences - loosing Your car and mercs. When players are insta-dead by falling into Your trap its ok ? and if You fail with setting Your trap You want second chance ? logic thinking mode on please

--- Quote ---if you are going non preapered to tb fight well it isnt those guy problem
--- End quote ---

Your kidding me ? I was unprepared ? I and my friend killed 8 enemies shoot something around 250 223. ammo from lsw eating 8 superstims. There are carry limit in this game You know about that ? They have advantage they can "prepare" 3 or more times (wave after wave)

--- Quote ---you have higher chance to kill them because they are in on big swarm.
--- End quote ---
You cant kill any single TB BA LSW burster in 2 bursts from LSW (only if You got lucky and get critical shot), dmg is smaller if spreading into few players and moreover Car is a great tactic protection from fire in most cases. So again you are wrong.

greece crisis:
omg...it isnt bug and it inst place for this. devs please close this topic. dude please post this somewhere else but not in cbt sheet.

Rascal_:
bla bla moar. This is in a right place - it appears still in CBT so I need to report it, therefore maybe devs could fix that before wipe happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version