"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 25, 2024, 11:42:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exploitable glitch - seeing "yellow dot" of Your car after death  (Read 8848 times)

Exploitable glitch - seeing "yellow dot" of Your car after death
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:44:25 pm »

Now the situation is that if You die inside encounter where You drove in by a car, You can still see that encounter after coming from respawn. I cant see any logical explanation for that, but ofcourse it wouldnt bother me if some players werent using it as an exploit.

two examples:

1. In Turn-base PvP they are using it as a "taxi" back to the fighting arena after they die inside.
Lets describe it more precisly - some tb gang finds enemies in TB so the first person inside is sending /help requiest to other gang members.
At least one of them is driving inside the red dot (help signal) and even if he got killed then immediately ho go back to his base when his also dead (already re-equipped) players are waiting for him. They go together on taxi character also very often using another second car and go back inside the encounter.

The game mechanics works that way that encounter is closed after 10 minutes and noone can enter, also if You die the red sginal dot is disappearing so You cant re-enter.  The yellow car dot exploit ruins those 2 mechanics allowing some cheater proxy players to unlimited reinforcments in TB battlefield. I was facing such enemies multiple times here is one example from today:

SCREENS --> http://imgur.com/a/2OSYv

3 cars inside total, 3 waves of reinforcments. We killed 8 hungarians in total (me + Dorian) but they were still coming and coming and we got out of stims and ammunitons so we need to left after antoher wave of reinforcments came inside encounter.

2. Mercs traps in RT - mercleaders are always using cars.
If they die they can always go back from respawn to their mercs "parked" safely in yellow car dot encounter.
If You gona remove this glitch it will be another step to block the RT mercs insta-death traps on wasteland.

Here is my suggested REMEDY (if You dont consider seeing Your car after death as something not logic and want to keep that in the game to make usuall players - not exploiting it -game easier):

I dont know if it is possible from scripting side but:
- create an exception in seeing car after death mechanise -> that if in the encoutner You drive in by car, during Your death - is any other player , then You dont see that encounter after death  That would solve both exploits
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:16:13 am by Rascal_ »
Re: Exploitable glitch - seeing "yellow dot" of Your car after death
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 11:49:18 pm »

because when you die on encounter by npc or fail trap you have chance to gat your car back. sometimes i got killed by npcs and i got tons in my trunk and i dont want to loose it. if you are going non preapered to tb fight well it isnt those guy problem and when tb is on you have higher chance to kill them because they are in on big swarm.
there was a time when parked car was marked red and everyone could see it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:50:50 pm by greece crisis »
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 12:02:41 am »

because when you die on encounter by npc

if Your ekhem* newbie and die in that way its only your falt and You should pay the consequences - therefore You will be more careful next time, in my whole FO gaming I lost car like that ONCE :F

because when you die on [...] fail trap you have chance to gat your car back

Noone on this server want Your RT cheat-like traps so if You fail in setting one You should pay all the consequences - loosing Your car and mercs. When players are insta-dead by falling into Your trap its ok ? and if You fail with setting Your trap You want second chance ? logic thinking mode on please

if you are going non preapered to tb fight well it isnt those guy problem

Your kidding me ? I was unprepared ? I and my friend killed 8 enemies shoot something around 250 223. ammo from lsw eating 8 superstims. There are carry limit in this game You know about that ? They have advantage they can "prepare" 3 or more times (wave after wave)

you have higher chance to kill them because they are in on big swarm.
You cant kill any single TB BA LSW burster in 2 bursts from LSW (only if You got lucky and get critical shot), dmg is smaller if spreading into few players and moreover Car is a great tactic protection from fire in most cases. So again you are wrong.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:06:39 am »

omg...it isnt bug and it inst place for this. devs please close this topic. dude please post this somewhere else but not in cbt sheet.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 12:11:54 am »

bla bla moar. This is in a right place - it appears still in CBT so I need to report it, therefore maybe devs could fix that before wipe happens.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 12:26:34 am »

If I am not wrong, there was reported a bug like this one: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=12790 Also, seems like it was fixed in the end.

- Car locations no longer forgotten on death, but see extra note.
from Changelog 19/12/2010
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:39:34 am »

nope Your reffering to something else read more carefuly

avv

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:33:56 am »

How about this: you will always get to choose whether or not you want to go in an encounter where there is a car? This way nobody would ever involuntarily drop in a car-merc trap or tb-encounter with a car. You could even go there with your own car and keep coming back until you run out of gear.

Plus another change: you can't turn a radiomessaged location into a car-location. You have to ditch your car elsewhere and then go in by foot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 11:35:36 am by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Rage master

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 12:02:31 pm »

come on...this is just a game...it is about fight and fun...not loot

avv

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 12:41:08 pm »

If it's just a game, then you surely won't mind these changes Rascal suggested taking place.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 02:21:02 pm »

Yes exactly, but the fun is when the skill determins who wins, not cheating or using exploits. Loot is important in the early/middle stage of the session, now before the wipe it doesnt really makes a differance.

Rage master

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »

what exploits? you are just crying noob...i lost devs fix this because i cant go back to my dot and they can...;(
you can also go bac to that dot if you send and your friend /hh
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 06:07:06 pm »

Rage master, you sound more noobish to me than Rascal_.
You sound like: " i like this exploit, devs, please let it as it is, pwning nubs is more fun this way"

This is CBT and is not about "fun by exploiting". Bugs and exploits are meant to be reported.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 06:09:27 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Rage master

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 06:18:00 pm »

lizard 1rst of all this is rubbish topic, this isnt bug! when someone put trap with car he risk he can lost it because he hasnt got idea who will go in, 2nd you need at least 3-4min before you and your friends can come back to that trap so winning team has time to set a trap in your car dot, you can call your friends on radio and leave 1 taxi on wm who can see this so you can also go back after death.
i am not playing in tb but when i was i didnt cry on forum and demand from devs to change fo mechanics because i died and i lost my stuff. same i saw some shit when some pks killed hub old towns mines or gunner and they were killing everyone who was going in, normal player would just call his friends and kill them but some crying babies sended requesthelps to tell gms "gm they killed me in protected place, please punish them"...1rst of all try to deal with it yourself...

Rage master

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 06:28:37 pm »

How about this: you will always get to choose whether or not you want to go in an encounter where there is a car? This way nobody would ever involuntarily drop in a car-merc trap or tb-encounter with a car. You could even go there with your own car and keep coming back until you run out of gear.

invest more in outdoorsman skill ;]
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 30 queries.