"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 04, 2024, 12:07:31 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Followers points  (Read 34001 times)

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
Re: Followers points
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »

Ability to control followers on whole map is a neat idea, and I think it's a reasonable suggestion, it should require that you and followers have radio equipped to same channel, that should make it possible to use them as scouts (might be good to find campers in TC/pvp(?)).

More management option will also be added, like formations and more commands.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2011, 08:31:59 pm »

formations
Pointless unless the "this guy is busy" is fixed.  (so if that hasn't been fixed yet don't bother implementing yet)  It's the #1 grief of all leader players.

if u attack them even if they are without their merc leader around they gonna respond with fire so whats "nonsene" here ?
its not like u have merclider+5 mercs, u kill their merclider and they stop reacting , or other scenario they are left in reno for example alone (merc leader coming back from resp) and You are entering location with them inside - if You attack them they gona respond...
Dude you are daft or what?  It's very obvious what will happen, people if they will be out gunned will just run out of grid and come back, and as greece described simply slaughter them by bs because they're too stupid to defend themselves properly without having an auto-detect hostiles like real players, and also, people can also just come by and 1hex them all just like players do with militia ALL THE TIME.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:34:38 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

JovankaB

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2011, 08:33:25 pm »

I think mercenearies as scouts in PvP (I don't understand how it would work though) would be killed very fast by enemy. Without auto-attack burster can just one-hex them if leader wouldn't be around. I think it would be a waste of time to try give them too many roles that players can do much better anyway (builds with high Sneak and PE).

One thing that I think would be reasonable is to "desneak" sneaker (only if sneaker is in the FOV of the merc leader), if the merc can see it. Otherwise suicide attacks of sneaking bursters on mercs would be too effective.

If with formations you could make a line of snipers or a line behind a wall (and mercs would try to move in the formation when leader moves) that would be pretty neat.

Dude you are daft or what?  It's very obvious what will happen, people if they will be out gunned will just run out of grid and come back, and as greece described simply slaughter them by bs because they're too stupid to defend themselves properly without having an auto-detect hostiles like real players, and also, people can also just come by and 1hex them all just like players do with militia ALL THE TIME.

Then I guess in the battle you would have to stay near the mercs you supposedly "lead".

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:53:20 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

Then I guess in the battle you would have to stay near the mercs you supposedly "lead".

lead when silmpe sniper can shoot you in eyes and kill you? mercs arent puppies or small babies to look for them 2hex behind them. so now you need 11pe to order your mercs? that is silly...

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2011, 09:30:00 pm »

Then all these BGer builds are running round with 11 Pe too?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2011, 09:42:03 pm »

Yep the mercleader should go with his mercs and lead them with his example. The mercs should follow him without delay and move in a formation around him. You could easily recall them with regroup command if they tried to run in some obvious ambush.

You could even have positioning commands like:
- take position in my 12, 3, 9 or 6 o'clock. That would measure the direction around you, the distance settings already exists. So if you set mercs to all 4 directions and started spinning, you'd have a neat merry-go-around when the mercs wanted to re-position themselves.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2011, 10:19:18 pm »

I always do, but I always get insta'd by a sniper too.

Maybe next era, snipers will not be so over-imba against any build under 10 endurance and stonewall (besides other snipers ofc), and I think the command mercs whether not you can see them is a good call, and as long as the busy npc problem is fixed, I think next era will not be too bad for mercs, but there is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many changes being made and discussed it's just hard to imagine playing in such a fashion and it seems like a few people who don't really know much about leading try to yell "nerf this" just because they don't like em which becomes frustrating.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2011, 04:36:57 am »

I like the idea AVV, but if we arn't going to have a combat control interface in the coming wipe (no idea about it) perhaps we could have a bindable menu for some other commands for bursts/if they should bother aiming for body parts too. (using the alt menu can be a hassle and I believe being able to bind things to easy key groupings would be superior)

Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2011, 12:43:44 pm »

Well, i'm kinda solo like guy and for me,
it's bad when my mercs' slaves dog's cow or whatever other plant will bei mplemented is not allowing me to leave map.

That's bad.

I don't agree with it please change it :)
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

Rage master

« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2011, 02:51:58 pm »

muties are back!!! lets use green swarm...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:59:00 pm by Rage master »

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:04 pm »

what is the dif betuine a SM and an average FO player

the SM has more power, else nothing more

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 04:02:36 am »

what is the dif betuine a SM and an average FO player

the SM has more power, else nothing more
Different Skin.
NPC.
Walks only.
Retarded.
Controlled by players.
Any pvp Player build with the appropriate gear can easily kill one on one.
Must pay for respawn.
Respawn comes with full HP and new weapon.
lulzetceteralulz
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2012, 07:50:00 am »

One thing I've always wondered is if mercs/slaves are able to get the improved HtH attacks if they have the skill % and the stats needed.  I want my silly slaves to fight barehanded and lulz crit someone to death.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2012, 01:43:36 pm »

Not after the wipe, but a long term goal is having NPCs - first with decent protos - then second who level up and have appropriate perks. (or who are spawned with appropriate perks for their starting level - mercs/encounter/towns people)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2012, 06:24:17 pm »

Mutant - 90
Companion - 70
BG Merc - 70
SG Merc - 60
Ghoul Merc - 50
Melee Merc - 50
Dog - 40

Brahmins are limited to 1+number_of_dogs/2
Slaves are limited to 2+num_mercs+num_companions

Brahmin/slaves don't use any PP.

These numbers will most likely be changed in future patch.

I dont get it. So with 3 CH (30 points) I wont be able to have a dog?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.