"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 07, 2024, 02:52:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Followers points  (Read 34074 times)

JovankaB

Re: Followers points
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2011, 10:54:36 am »

Actually if stats didn't affect merc hp

I didn't read carefully, sorry ::) I thought you mean number of mercs.
I agree about the HP thing.

some loosing teams (cheers hungarian swarm) are setting merc trap immidietly in the same hex on WM when they lost their battle in order to catch those victourious players who are leaving from that won encounter (and often they have loot on their bavk / are out of drugs etc.)

Boo hoo, maybe you should have invest some points in outdoorsman?
Besides - it's wasteland dude. If you want "honorable" regulated team deathmatch go play Quake.
You are not "victorious" until you are back in your base with loot.

PvP players are such crybabies ::)
Wasteland is harsh!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:46:48 am by JovankaB »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2011, 12:41:23 pm »

Really You call trolling a guy who is just doing what every beta-tester should do ? I gave You very precise description of issues You weren't aware of isnt it my role here ? pointing whats wrong/what could be better ?

You ask for remedy ok ill try:

as we came to conclusion that You dont want to remove mercs from game here are my limited thoughts what can be improved in this poor circumstances:

1 Disable auto-attack mode on mercs:
- they should react only if them or their faction member/merc leader is attacked
- after their merc leader/faction member is attacking someone
BUT! leave an option "guard this place from any stranger" working only in tents/bases

2 let them have their weapon in inventory unequiped
- when they are supposed to attack someone they need to take that weapon from inventory and equip - this means its time of animation + some AP lost for mercs

those 2 solution combine would probably give a chance to escape from such RT mercs trap:
if player would enter then some player inside has shoot him in order to 'start" mercs at all and even then there is still some delay between the signal to attack and attack itself... so maybe it would be enough to run away or try to fight

I'm sure you can figure out when tone becomes trolling, feedback properly and you won't have a problem.

The removing of auto attack orders was covered earlier, I think it'd be a good idea.

Same thing with the stats not effecting merc HP, we don't need the same things covering over and over.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2011, 05:49:33 pm »

The removing of auto attack orders was covered earlier, I think it'd be a good idea.

Same thing with the stats not effecting merc HP, we don't need the same things covering over and over.

1. what about m leader with 1pe?
2. why not? so now merc leader has to have 10ch and 10pe + sharpshooter ? come one...
leave mercs just what they are now...it will be ultra hard t lvl up boosted merc leader 10/10/10 and speach 210%. and stop crying about mercs. auto attack is good and mercs are weak they can tank only 1-2burst from bg and mutants are weak against snipers. mercs are balanced now and if dont know how to fight well it is your problem.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:53:22 pm by greece crisis »
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2011, 06:06:12 pm »

mercs are balanced now and if dont know how to fight well it is your problem.
no they arent and if you dont know why well it is your problem. try hello kitty online and rage some place else.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2011, 08:35:30 pm »

If you are attacked then they defend you anyway. I don't see any reason why auto attack is needed really.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2011, 08:54:03 pm »

If you are attacked then they defend you anyway. I don't see any reason why auto attack is needed really.
If leader dies people can just 1hex them easy.  They will not shoot At The Moment non-aggressors.  They are not smart enough to defend themselves from obvious enemy players.  That's why, I think.

Also, it helps to detect sneakers.  If you can't tell your guys to look out for a sneaker WTF? :P

Then there's base/tents (already mentioned)

I could keep going a little more but ill stop here i think the picture has been drawn.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2011, 09:10:29 pm »

no they arent and if you dont know why well it is your problem. try hello kitty online and rage some place else.

i am not ragging..avv and other ncr crafters are crying. mercs are mercs, they are stupid npc and if you want them to be  stupid waliknig expensive bag of meat i wont agree with that. mercs are just action point eaters and nothing more. their number is decreased and they cant jump over the map with rocket strike like they are doing now. you are crying about bg and mercs because some ncr trolls or crafters are to poor to use them or some pks are killing them in traps with bg gun and mercs. nerfing mercs and bg wont change anytginh and if you are to weak now you will be weak after wipe and if you want fair fight lets delete all weapons instead of zip guns and rocks. if you are to weak to defet someone, call some friends and kill them...simple and easy. 1guy with pack of bg mercs carry +/- 100-150k and if they are high lvl he spend few hours on lvling them, and if you dont have stuff of time for that you cant expect that you will be equal to him. those cring troll can only nerf mercs, make them stupid walking npc (they are stupid allready) nerf bg so 1 bg bruster can kill 1 bg bruster even if he shooted 500% bullets less than bg.

you need auto attack if you want  attack someone who is escaping on wm or if you want to make exit grid trap
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:13:52 pm by greece crisis »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2011, 09:31:25 pm »

If leader dies people can just 1hex them easy.  They will not shoot At The Moment non-aggressors.  They are not smart enough to defend themselves from obvious enemy players.  That's why, I think.

Also, it helps to detect sneakers.  If you can't tell your guys to look out for a sneaker WTF? :P

Then there's base/tents (already mentioned)

I could keep going a little more but ill stop here i think the picture has been drawn.

Don't think its too bad to have to keep the leader alive.

Base and tents could have an option, as they will be able to be left there it shouldn't be too much to allow unique orders there too.

Finding sneakers, don't see why mercs should be able to do that so easily.

you need auto attack if you want  attack someone who is escaping on wm or if you want to make exit grid trap

Again, not sure why mercs should allow you to catch people escaping any more easily than a normal person.
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2011, 09:40:41 pm »

mercs are just action point eaters and nothing more.
So why do we need them?

Its multiplyer game, so why CPU has to imitate players, spawning some guns, friendly to one, and hostile to another player?
there are gangs out there - REAL players can gather themselves and do whatever they want. what is the real purpose mercs then?
One man army?
Im talking only about mercs, that doenst affects slaves feature.

I dont remember exactly, but someone pointed it well: mercs gonna be balanced, only, when merc leader (with those mercs) vs. bg (or any else build) can compete. for now - its far from truth. And even better: if so, then mercs would be useless, bacuase noone gonna rely on CPU guns, when he has his own brain.

thats trollin for u Solar too?
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2011, 09:51:57 pm »

but we have mercs in game and if you like it or not mercs are part of game and dont make them walking idiots with zip guns. they cost fortune and i had few mercs leaders in this sesion and i spend on them milions caps and i wasnt multimilioner. try to live with mercs and idea that bg bruster must be much better than sg bruster. sg brusters are only for farming at begin and making them equal to bg bruster isnt good idea. leave mercs just what they are now and lets see after wipe is it ok or we should remove mercs once for all. solar we can buy in base for example auto canons like in sierra or vault city - gunners
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:01:25 pm by greece crisis »
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »

but we have mercs in game and if you like it or not mercs are part of game and dont make them walking idiots with zip guns. they cost fortune and i had few mercs leaders in this sesion and i spend on them milions caps and i wasnt multimilioner. try to live with mercs and idea that bg bruster must be much better than sg bruster. sg brusters are only for farming at begin and making them equal to bg bruster isnt good idea. leave mercs just what they are now and lets see after wipe is it ok or we should remove mercs once for all. solar we can buy in base for example auto canons like in sierra or vault city - gunners

Its beyond my imagination, how can u leave all my arguments behind and reapeat over and over again: "levae mercs as they are (just because)". Just read my post and make something about the topic.
You actually made some argument for cut mercs out: you spend millions of caps for nothing, but still 'leave mercs!". Seriously, why do we need them? Im waiting for some argument, not for rage posts about 'use to it'.
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2011, 10:13:19 pm »

use it in traps, when you are fighting with swarm, when you want to play solo in nr and you need some support, to carry stuff, to protect base from looters, some guyus love mercs, i like muties, they are part of game.
i dont like mercs swarm on tc, instant kill from wm and few other things, but i am not crying about "omg mercs killed me and i am to scared to fight with them ecause they are shooting at me", or "omg they can shoot me with rockets", "mercs are to powerfull and i dont know how to kill them". i like pvp fights but sometimes you need mercs, after wipe you cant make 1rst lvl mercs leader with boosted mercs or jump with them from wm with instant kill. if devs want them to be part of game leave them just what they are now because they are nerfted and i think we should at least give a chance to try new system before we start crying about them. same B, give cool down for bg because my ncr crafter is to weak to fight with BG power build. i dont like when someone is crying about something with out solution or with 1idea nerf it all to ground
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2011, 10:42:28 pm »

jesus christ man. its pointless even talking to you. Its much more fun to actually use your own micro managment in games you know, not such an auto feature crap like that. Thats all. I bet you would be good aimbotter in other games with such attitude. You know, its not like anyone is forcing you to play this game. Bye.
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2011, 10:51:21 pm »

i am not using mercs for a long time. i used them when you could buy muties, and it isnt me who is crying about mercs. i can play with out mercs but i dont like idea of deleting something because you dont know how to handle with them and i want to inform devs that there are some peoples who like mercs in game. they deleted muties because noobs were crying about them. they deleted hinkley becasue noobs were crying about exploit, they deleted banks because of mercs...noobs want to weaken bg guns because they are expensive and you need proper build to use it...the only think i see is deleting or weakening someting, so ncr crafter can finally go on tc and kill pvp power build with smg or fn
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:54:25 pm by greece crisis »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2011, 11:10:16 pm »

they deleted muties because noobs were crying about them. they deleted hinkley becasue noobs were crying about exploit, they deleted banks because of mercs...noobs want to weaken bg guns because they are expensive and you need proper build to use it...the only think i see is deleting or weakening someting, so ncr crafter can finally go on tc and kill pvp power build with smg or fn

All of these statements are false, just for your interest. And every post going in a similar tone like Solar said will now be deleted - so spare your energy and write in a normal manner.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 27 queries.