"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 29, 2024, 04:58:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fix-Boy Redundancy  (Read 621 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
Fix-Boy Redundancy
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:01:21 pm »

avv recently suggested being able to buy drugs in user-specified quantities. Same thing should be in the Fix-Boy; we should be able to click on an item to craft and then specify how many and click Fix and sit back and wait. It would still take the same amount of time (i guess) so it's not like i'm suggesting any shortcut at all. This is actually a health issue...

When you focus your eyes on a point, your optic muscles work to move your eyeball. When you focus on two places back and forth over and over (hundreds of times!), it puts a strain on that muscle. But the current Fix-Boy is one step worse: we move our eyes in a deadly triangle, clockwise around and around and around hundreds (thousands!) of times when crafting. We focus on the item, then to FIX, then to DONE, over and over rapidly. This is bad, guys!

So here's a way to notice this problem more obviously: go craft 1000 rounds of 10mm ammo as fast as you can with no regard to the strain on your optic muscles. Then stop and immediately focus your eyes on those same three places but go backwards! I mean go counter-clockwise for a minute from DONE to FIX to ITEM and back to DONE over and over. If you notice that makes your eyes feel "weird", well...that's how it feels when you agree with me lol.

An analogy might be when you're in the yard and you stretch out a long garden hose (or extension cord) and start twirling it. That twists the hose up. Imagine that is the same effect using the current Fix-Boy has on your optic nerve. The nerve doesn't twist as much as the garden hose (it's shorter), but focusing rapidly in a clockwise circle hundreds of times has that same effect (and if your optic nerve was long enough, it might twist around a few times).

Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Fix-Boy Redundancy
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 10:09:52 pm »

Already suggested, it's better to Search stuff before posting new threads about it, so we can have all the discussion in one place.

avv

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 01:45:56 pm »

"It requires Cvet to do something blah blah hurr"

But we can still have for example "craft 10 pieces". This alone would make crafting 10 times faster. I did this in Fallout New Vegas editor because in NV ammo crafting was terribly slow.

Things to craft in bulk would be:

All drugs
HQ and normal gunpowder
All hq mats
All ammo

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 01:49:24 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 07:34:43 pm »

Me likes kraft weak healing powders! Gimme roots! Me kraft it all the time! Also BBs. And me liqe current system of fixboy.
Will craft vor kaps!
So here's a way to notice this problem more obviously: go craft 1000 rounds of 10mm ammo as fast as you can with no regard to the strain on your optic muscles. Then stop and immediately focus your eyes on those same three places but go backwards! I mean go counter-clockwise for a minute from DONE to FIX to ITEM and back to DONE over and over. If you notice that makes your eyes feel "weird", well...that's how it feels when you agree with me lol.

*facepalm*

You could save a lot time and nerves without pressing "Done" button. Just press Fix and then two times press "F" it'll close and reopen fix boy, so you need to do only 2 mouse actions theres, sometimes you can do it so fast that you'll craft 2nd item before 1st created and you'll have 2 items crafted almost at the same time (probably because of lag). Of course it's somehow annoying too, but it's much better than pressing useless "Done" button. Also don't craft doing nothing! Shoot molerats and craft between shots! It's not that annoying, craft on worldmap! Craft while running away from PKs in Den! Craft when talking to someone and have nothing to say! Craft in TB combat with friends vs some caravans when it's not your turn!
Oh, you're crafting ammo, then yes, just stand in front of workbrench and craft >_>
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.