Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Crits  (Read 3885 times)

avv

Crits
« on: December 24, 2011, 03:33:10 pm »

I've done some controlled testing with crits, starting from legcrits and would like to present the results here.

I started with END10, STR3 Luck1 target. My shooter has max critchance consisting of finesse + 2xmorecrits and better criticals.

Here's the result vs BA http://pastebin.com/E820vzJG
Summary: 40 shots 2 cripples. 16 knockdowns.

Here's the result vs no armor http://pastebin.com/mm0WyCjm
Summary: 59 shots 4 cripples 28 knockdowns.

From these tests it can be withnessed that wearing a BA (which many will do) means you can pretty much shrug off legshots, basically any armor with the same crit chance modifier goes. The armor's crit modifier really helps, as you can see vs nonarmored target there were alot more actual crits - yet not so many cripples - that did knockdowns.
Here are the variables of differend legcrits:
- Small DMG multiplier and KD
- Small DMG multiplier, KD, Bypass and cripple
- Big multiplier, KO, Bypass and cripple
So when legs do crit, it's always at least knockdown, unless target has stonewall. From here you can see that not a single knockdown was scored on stonewalled character with END10.

I beleave that after wipe legshots will be as popular as now (not popular at all) and that Tree Trunk Tights perk won't be chosen basically ever.

I will do more tests regarding crit effects in close near future and send them here.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Crits
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 10:07:19 pm »

I wonder if your test is flawed or the armour modifier is being incorrectly applied to legs
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 11:30:25 pm »

I wonder if your test is flawed or the armour modifier is being incorrectly applied to legs

Well I'll just make another legcrit test with the same settings.

Legshots VS BA: http://pastebin.com/bu6iE6uS
Total ammount of shots fired: 111
Ammount of crits: 50
Ammount fo cripples: 14

Legshots vs nonarmored: http://pastebin.com/wQ506ewa
Total ammount of shots fired: 111
Ammount of crits: 62
Ammount of cripples: 19
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

avv

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:43:33 pm »

Tesla helmet is not that good. It has good defense vs laser and plasma, but no crit chance and power modifier.
BA or CAMKII helmet has crit chance modifiers plus sufficient plasma and laser def.

The fact is that nobody is afraid of those no-knockdown low multiplier damages. Tesla helmet is best against them because they aren't bypasses or do any extra harm. However what everyone fears are knockout and bypass damages, which tesla helmet doesn't provide protection against. There is a small advantage using tesla helmet than BA helmet if enemy has Right Between the Eyes perk and is energy weapons user, but it's nothing special in the end.

Would it be possible to add damage type-based crit modifiers? So that telsa helmet is better vs plasma and laser crits, but BA is better vs bullets.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:08:20 am »

So from what i see armors give barely any crit/cripple resistance at all?

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

avv

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 03:58:26 pm »

So from what i see armors give barely any crit/cripple resistance at all?

What do you mean? Helmets provide head and eye resistances, armors provide crit resits to torso and limbs.

Btw, is it purposeful that armors do provide limb crit resist?
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 05:59:31 pm »

yes if you were good observator you would see there are 2 parts of body now.
torso (torso,groin,limbs) and head (head,eye) and armor gives you only resistance to torso and helmets to head included eyes. thats why there is new perk for snipers : right between the eyes.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:37:17 pm »

I wanted it to offer no protection for the legs, its not that big of a deal if it does now. If it needs changing later, it can be changed.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

avv

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 09:05:16 am »

I wanted it to offer no protection for the legs, its not that big of a deal if it does now. If it needs changing later, it can be changed.

It's not a bid deal prolly, but keep in mind that legs already have lowish crit chance even with max chance so it really makes legshots against -10 crit modifier armor guy pointless.

If only the cbt server would work I'd check out torso crits and see if they are anything worth using.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 18 queries.