"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 03:32:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: merc leader builds  (Read 11165 times)

Re: merc leader builds
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2011, 07:49:11 pm »

So because someone worked his ass off outside of the actual pvp event, he deserves to kick everyone's asses?

yes..and avv u forget about few important things
1. mercs request from you dayly/monthly salary or they will leave
2. number of mercs is nefted and making merc leader with 270-300speach good natured and mangetic is pain in the ass
3. if i worked my ass to get high lvl mercs i deserw high lvl mercs at begin
4. something for something
5. you cant drop them off the sky now. you have to arm them or wait for them if they will arm themself
6. you cant trade with mercs now, now you have to pay them for everything or rob them
7. try to lvl up 24lvl merc leader who need buff and mentans and cola with 10/10 ch/luck/en and at least pe6 to see your mercs hp with speac 270-300
mercs are finally balanced
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 07:51:08 pm by greece crisis »

gr1m055

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2011, 07:54:49 pm »

So because someone worked his ass off outside of the actual pvp event, he deserves to kick everyone's asses? Isn't this the same thing if you could buy game nukes with real money and drop them over other player's heads without them not being able to do anything about it?
The challenges and decisions which lead to victory must happen inside the pvp, not outside grinding npcs and getting caps. Otherwise it starts an arms race where some are bitching because they don't have what it takes to do pvp, others are bitching it takes too long to get pvp stuff and some are just silent and grudgingly grind, not really enjoying the game but doing what needs to be done to win.
It won't happen all the time but trust me, when a gang wants to really really win it will use every method available. When pvp was hot in current session, we saw mercs in every major confrontation. When you want to win, you use mercs. And if it takes a retard-build to get those mercs, you will get it.

Well you reap what you sow, and what's wrong with competition? Come on its you who basically started its the Wasteland its harsh thing in IRC. Its the Wasteland its harsh the weak well parish the strong well survive.

avv

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2011, 08:57:20 pm »

yes..and avv u forget about few important things
1. mercs request from you dayly/monthly salary or they will leave

So grind more.

2. number of mercs is nefted and making merc leader with 270-300speach good natured and mangetic is pain in the ass

Why do we need pain in the ass builds?

3. if i worked my ass to get high lvl mercs i deserw high lvl mercs at begin

In my opinion you don't. Just because you have more freetime to grind money, it doesn't mean you're the king of the server.

4. something for something

Which doesn't apply with alts.

5. you cant drop them off the sky now. you have to arm them or wait for them if they will arm themself

With "attack everyone" they rearm pretty damn fast already. It's just you can't pull out like before. But if you win the fight, that hardly matters.

6. you cant trade with mercs now, now you have to pay them for everything or rob them

Bug? If not, then you steal from them with your thief alt in your base.

7. try to lvl up 24lvl merc leader who need buff and mentans and cola with 10/10 ch/luck/en and at least pe6 to see your mercs hp with speac 270-300

It's doable, so there's nothing to it. People who want that kind of build just do it whether or not they like it, it's just another thing if it's good we have this kind of builds around.

Well you reap what you sow, and what's wrong with competition? Come on its you who basically started its the Wasteland its harsh thing in IRC. Its the Wasteland its harsh the weak well parish the strong well survive.

Grinding competition? Because it's boring. I like to compete against my enemies face to face, not who has the most patience to grind.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2011, 09:10:02 pm »

avv stop crying.
mercs are finally balanced and solar should close this topic. everyone use mercs and stop crying about it.

gr1m055

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2011, 09:14:27 pm »

Maybe I suggest you go PvP ape build and not use a merc leader if that's not what you like doing?

You're giving us the impression that there should be no reward for making a pain in the ass character to level and very expensive to maintain? I think its balanced not everybody is going to be using this build. You're not the only person who doesn't have patience to spend hours on end leveling and making caps. But for those that do yes I think they should at least have a reward for making this shit build you so speak about. Plus you didn't even post the build so not everybody is going to know how to make it, unless you blab your mouth about the build its not going to be well known. So if you do not want this AVV I suggest you keep this build to your self and let people experiment trying to figure it out, they well either figure it out or give up.

But knowing how TTTLA and its friends operate, you well probably just tell your TTTLA friends so they have an edge like usual. Then it well be others who well complain and not you if this happens as you speak.

I do not see a problem with Merc battles, they are risky because its expensive and people get pissed off losing mercs because of this. So I do not see this as a daily occurrence if these sort of battles happen. As long as you can't add these Mercs to the militia which makes them more powerful then it well be fine as is in my opinion.

Mercs are hard to control, if you set them to kill everybody to go off ramboing like idiots and players can 1 hex them in a room or something. If you control them with this so called build it well die easily so what is the big deal?

I hate merc leaders just as much as anybody else but I think its worth the time and money players put into them because it does take hours if not days to maintain a good amount of caps to support them. I just hate when mercs are added to militia and they are 500 hp and do godly amount of criticals and fire rapidly without reloading in the current session when its used against me. But I can't complain when I'm on the side of using this tactic :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:16:16 pm by gr1m055 »
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 09:33:14 pm »

merc build is for mercs nor for pvp. merc leader is just running and making sure his mercs are still alive

avv

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011, 10:14:42 pm »

Quote from: gr1m055
I do not see a problem with Merc battles

Then you haven't seen a merc battle. In the beginning of current session victory was valued more than now because stuff was rarer and players were actually fighting over the ruledom of server. So mercs were used alot and people did not enjoy it. When players really want to win, they will do what it takes even if it's not fun. Then the opposite will either have to do the same or suffer defeat. Then nobody has fun.

You're giving us the impression that there should be no reward for making a pain in the ass character to level and very expensive to maintain?

That's right. Why do we have to work so that we can have fun? Can't we have fun and then have fun again?
If you reward pain in the ass experiences, you basically force everyone else to do it or go away. It's visible in general pvp, get BAs and top tier guns or either don't participate or get defeated and have a bad time. That kind of equipment is reasonably easy to get so it's not a big deal.

Mercs are hard to control, if you set them to kill everybody to go off ramboing like idiots and plays can 1 hex them in a room or something. If you control them with this so called build it well die easily so what is the big deal?

This can be put other way around: you don't basically do any other decisions than letting the mercs free. It's like dropping a nuke on the enemy and hoping them to die.

merc build is for mercs nor for pvp. merc leader is just running and making sure his mercs are still alive

This is basically the problem I see in this build. It can't do anything but this. Can you honestly answer why is it good in your opinion that the game encourages making builds that:
a: can do only one thing
b: are boring to level and play in general
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 10:51:36 pm »

avv did you run like moron to exit grid and you get killed by bg jump? ;] or you just cant kill mercs because of low skill. if you know how to fight with mercs and you dont run away when you see running/walking mercs on you you can kill them very easly...same muties are just walking hp and action points eaters for pvp. i will make for sure retard merc leader for 3muties 500hp at begin and i will lvl up them to 600+hp at least, but they will die for sure and i know it. mercs leaders are just pvp support or main tactics for lame gangs like tttla and s8
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:05:31 pm by greece crisis »

gr1m055

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2011, 10:55:39 pm »

This game encourages a lot of things that shouldn't be encouraged.

I see your point AVV but this isn't the same as this session. This isn't going to be buy 5 super mutants and drop them on players. A 260 knife wielding merc isn't anything special when players can have 290hp max. Trust me merc leaders make me mad but mercs are still kill able. Its self rewarding to go through a pain in the ass build and getting caps to support such a thing. But its also self rewarding when you kill all the mercs and made the guy lose a ton of money :D

As long as they don't do the same stupid mistake of adding mercs to militia during a TC timer mercs aren't that hard to kill if your with enough people.

Plus the mutant merc is slow, if you have an AC character you can run away from it where it can't hit you :D

Maybe its difference in opinion but I believe hard work pays off. And I like things that are challenging and not super easy that take no time at all. I do not like games that are too easy which is why I play this game because its very challenging and doesn't have all the traditional hold your hand shit that new games have.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 04:57:51 pm »

They should finally remove those retarded NPC followers and add more options than to "roll dice more often" or "grind more".
'Merc leaders' being the extreme of second choice of course.
There is nothing worse than multiplayer cRPG clogged with unnecessary NPCs, when it already worked without them fantastically.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:59:34 pm by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2011, 05:21:35 pm »

they are big advantage but they are just stupid npc and they cost fortune. remember after wipe everyone will be bancrout
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 06:06:08 pm by greece crisis »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 26 queries.