"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 06:19:34 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: merc leader builds  (Read 11166 times)

avv

merc leader builds
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:29:59 pm »

There is a way to get mercs with significantly more hp than others with certain char build. The key is to max Luck, Cha and END. This will allow you to have mutants with almost 500hp or knife ladies with 250hp. Average hp ammount for knife ladies is 130. Now the issue here is that build who has 10 luck, cha, END plus 300 speech is highly unplayable. It has very low ammount of action points and low strength so doing basically anything but leading those mercs and watching them kill stuff is very tiresome. Without mercs, it's crippled.

Now obviously this leads to situation where players make these minmaxed high merc hp builds just when they need to drop a merc bomb. Nobody in his right mind would consider playing such build in general. I suggest that stats should have no effect on merc hp.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Re: merc leader builds
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 02:49:46 am »

what? hell no...btw speach didnt do anything with number of mercs...
now u can have max 2muties/3bg/4ew/4sg/5mele so why to decrease mercs hp? and u cant jump over the map with mercs because they are unarmed in non protected towns/encounters...and you have to pay them salary so...leave mercs alone...i am serious.... :'( :'( :'(

avv

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 10:34:01 am »

what? hell no...btw speach didnt do anything with number of mercs...
now u can have max 2muties/3bg/4ew/4sg/5mele so why to decrease mercs hp? and u cant jump over the map with mercs because they are unarmed in non protected towns/encounters...and you have to pay them salary so...leave mercs alone...i am serious.... :'( :'( :'(

I'm talking about builds to boost merc hp. Can't all the mercs just have the same hp no matter the build?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 03:56:16 pm »

no. because if u want to have boosted mercs your build is weak in combat, but if u want to fight with ur mercs leader you will have weak mercs...something for something...

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 06:20:25 pm »

no. because if u want to have boosted mercs your build is weak in combat, but if u want to fight with ur mercs leader you will have weak mercs...something for something...

this is the way it should be avv
if you want high hp mercs you yourself suck in battle.
should not be you get high hp mercs and be able to be a pvp tank. if this happens every one would just be merc leaders and players would just spawn mercs all day.
Roaming the waste again.

avv

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 06:59:39 pm »

But the thing here is: either make that minmaxed build or don't buy mercs at all. It narrows down the things a single char can do and encourages more alts. Besides, only when you're very rich and succesful player you can get this alt because it's so hard to level and mercs are expensive.
A tank can never be a merc leader because he has cha1 and no speech. Well you can make a tough mercleader, but it can't fight so it's not a tank.
It's also very bad feature that a mercleader can't fight at all. Your mercs die, it takes long to get back in action because you need to buy new mercs or your char is useless.
So basically it's going to be just another purpose only alt.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 09:30:51 pm »

Alts are a part of the game.  Surely you would've come to peace with this by now? 

It's fine as is, because it fucks your char up beyond playability, without mercs.

but if you want working character, you must give something up, which is more power mercs.

besides, it is obvious the concept behind it.

Your strength, charisma, speech, inspires, and strengthens your followers, the better leader you are, the better your followers can be, through basic training, and pure leadership.

I just wish, that such effects would take place when you enslaved npcs, would make more sense, but of course, they're just slave, not too much boost.

Think of this characters, as stumpy, bald, diabetic, no-energy, blind, but willfull people, who with their example at surviving in waste, inspire others into their best, or something similar :D.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 09:32:39 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 11:20:53 pm »

Alts are a part of the game.  Surely you would've come to peace with this by now? 

It's fine as is, because it fucks your char up beyond playability, without mercs.

but if you want working character, you must give something up, which is more power mercs.

Can you tell me what exactly are you giving away for those strong mercs? Your crafting abilities? Relog to a crafter. Lockpicking? Relog to lockpicker? Fighting abilities? You have 3 450 hp muties, what else can you ask for? So all this talk about tradeoffs is right out of the picture because you can use alts. Merc leader is just another example of gimped alts, it's even more gimped than str1 sneaker.

Could you tell me how would it hurt the gameplay if all mercs came with same ammount of hp, only their ammount would be affected with stats?
Honestly in current session it works fine with slavers that with cha10 plus magnetic personality you can have 5 npc followers. You aren't the best of the best fighter, but an okay one.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 03:16:49 am »

Can you tell me what exactly are you giving away for those strong mercs? Your crafting abilities? Relog to a crafter. Lockpicking? Relog to lockpicker? Fighting abilities? You have 3 450 hp muties, what else can you ask for? So all this talk about tradeoffs is right out of the picture because you can use alts. Merc leader is just another example of gimped alts, it's even more gimped than str1 sneaker.

muties are just action points eaters...nothing more snipers can kill them easly and stop crying about mercs. after wipe you  have to pay them salary so they will be even more expensive. i had 1 merc tank leader but my mercs suck ass. i prefer use high hp mercs but if i die well my mercs are just walking meat for pvp.
and most imprtant think...you cant drop armed mercs over the map...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:38:20 am by greece crisis »
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 11:01:33 am »

SPECIAL affecting mercs' stats is good, so I will make 10 EN/CH/LK merc leader for suicidal plasma grenade merc squad killing innocents in NCR. Just imagine how many people they will kill before die having so much HP, so I don't need to lvl up them! Also if mercs will respawn after wipe, then I'll have immortal suicidal plasma grenade merc squad who will do it 24/7 each N minutes.

Personally I don't see any other reason why mercs' HP depend on character's SPECIAL. So I agree with avv, that's stupid. I don't know if mercs are respawning or not, if not, then the only thing character's SPECIAL/speech skill can affect is XP rate of mercs, so some characters can level them faster, some slower, if mercs are respawning, then there's no risk, so characters SPECIAL shouldn't affect anything at all, because there will be only one use for it - mercs on 1st level - it means mercs for one use - it means not good from adequate gameplay point of view.

avv

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 11:53:41 am »

muties are just action points eaters...nothing more snipers can kill them easly and stop crying about mercs. after wipe you  have to pay them salary so they will be even more expensive. i had 1 merc tank leader but my mercs suck ass. i prefer use high hp mercs but if i die well my mercs are just walking meat for pvp.
and most imprtant think...you cant drop armed mercs over the map...

It's not about what mercs can or can't do. It's about what kind of build you need to have mercs. If gimping your char means getting good mercs, then it's simply not worth it to buy mercs with some other char because you get less with the same money. Better make total retard char and get good mercs and relog often. I'm saying features that support gimped alts aren't good at all.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 02:29:29 pm »

no, i am trying to make ultimate merc build and it is pain in the ass...beside not only luck/ch/en count with mercs hp...my ultimake boosted merc leader is weak and almost imposible to lvl up. so stop crying about "mercs are boosted because he some special points", if u didnt want to have high hp mercs at begin well all you have to do set luck 1 ch 7-8 and rest in stats so u can fight as merc leade tank...i think merc leader who can barly handle pistol with high hp mercs isnt same like 290hp ++toughnes/man of steel tank with normal mercs. avv something for something for something. if u dont want to buy mercs just dont make merc leader build

avv

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 04:01:24 pm »

no, i am trying to make ultimate merc build and it is pain in the ass...

Yes it's pain in the ass to level and play in general. Why does the game have to encourage making builds like this? All it does is to encourage everyone to level up such build or not take mercs at all. Get the best or don't participate.
I'm trying to propose an alternative so why don't you tell me how would it be bad for gameplay to make it so that all mercs had same hp despite the build? Let's say all human mercs had 200 hp and all muties had 300.
The leader himself could be an okay fighter, but not the best fighter because 10cha and 300 speech would still be pretty big investment.
This way you could actually be good mercleader and a slaver and taking Good Natured would a be a real tradeoff. Currently only mercleaders take good natured because they are so awful they can't get slaves anyway.

avv something for something for something.

There is no tradeoff if you only use the merc leader to lead mercs and when you don't do that anymore, you just log off.

gr1m055

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »

You know AVV I think you are stressing over nothing. Making a gimped merc leader is going to be super hard. It seems easy because we can get unlimted amount of caps get to level 24 in seconds. Have you gone out and combat? Easy things like pig rats and the such are going to be a pain in the ass to fight at level 1-5, I don't want to ruin the suprise why its going to be even tougher to level gimped characters :D I was getting pissed off fighting the simplest things like pig rats with a level 24 tank build.

The Gimped Merc Leader = Going to get owned by the easiest of NPCs and most well just probably rage quit or try something else. You also have to make a ton of caps, the server is going to be wiped remember? So there won't be millionares right away. I can see this as a problem maybe when the next session has been on as long as the current one sure. But making caps is not easy and the NPCs are way harder now. And also there is no bank exploit which has made everybody rich to begin with in this session. I mean good luck, getting caps is going to be way it is now current, nobody is going to have them because people figure out how to suck all the caps dry from the merchants.

In a way if you have a gimped merc leader at level 24, and were able to get the caps to support the Mercs they deserve to have high HP mercs because they went through the trouble and spent countless hours trying to get this character going. Its not an easy route starting from level 1.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:43:58 pm by gr1m055 »

avv

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »

In a way if you have a gimped merc leader at level 24, and were able to get the caps to support the Mercs they deserve to have high HP mercs because they went through the trouble and spent countless hours trying to get this character going. Its not an easy route starting from level 1.

So because someone worked his ass off outside of the actual pvp event, he deserves to kick everyone's asses? Isn't this the same thing if you could buy game nukes with real money and drop them over other player's heads without them not being able to do anything about it?
The challenges and decisions which lead to victory must happen inside the pvp, not outside grinding npcs and getting caps. Otherwise it starts an arms race where some are bitching because they don't have what it takes to do pvp, others are bitching it takes too long to get pvp stuff and some are just silent and grudgingly grind, not really enjoying the game but doing what needs to be done to win.
It won't happen all the time but trust me, when a gang wants to really really win it will use every method available. When pvp was hot in current session, we saw mercs in every major confrontation. When you want to win, you use mercs. And if it takes a retard-build to get those mercs, you will get it.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 28 queries.