"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:43:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pkers in NCR won't let anyone in...  (Read 2954 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Pkers in NCR won't let anyone in...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 05:18:37 am »

You slaughtered a apk guy who wanted to make wasteland better place by protecting gas station from pk's and making safe car-sales.
That aint justice  ;D

Are you serious? Mabus ("228 APK") is a well known gridcamper who has been punished by GMs for his trollish behaviour. Gridcamping is simply not allowed, even if some people got a hard time understanding that.
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 07:07:53 am »

Are you serious? Mabus ("228 APK") is a well known gridcamper who has been punished by GMs for his trollish behaviour. Gridcamping is simply not allowed, even if some people got a hard time understanding that.

Someone may want to update the "Game Rules" thread then, because grid camping is conspicuously missing from that list of violations.

Does that mean no more PVP in Reno?  What about other unguarded towns/areas?  Trust me, I just spent 20 minutes looking and I cannot even find a broad definition of "Grid Camping", much less any indication that it's a rule violation. 

Maybe Mabus should know, but the rest of us that have not been warned would have no idea.  How am I NOT supposed to have a hard time understanding it?

The rules here are subject to change, going with the possible exploits, bug and features. They will be changed whenever deemed necessary and this thread will be updated.

Here is a list of some actions that we consider unfair and illegal in the game. If you're spotting someone violating the rules, feel free to message a GM by typing: "+requesthelp <message>". However they won't do anything unless they witness an actual rule violation.

- Exploiting a bug or abusing of a feature (this includes security failures in guarded towns).
- Using alts (that means dual log - playing with more than one character at time, even with two computers).
- Using any kind of unauthorized third-party tool that modifies the game memory and/or data files.
- Avoiding the anti-alt timeout system.
- Using bots, macros, auto-clickers.
- Abusing of +requesthelp command can warrant a ban for 14 days or indefinitly for repeat offender - this means using it for problems that do not require a GM assistance.
  - Examples of misuse of requesthelp:
    * Asking for skins. Skins are only given out rarely during some events. Do not ask for them.
    * Requesting to spawn some items/NPCs.
- Racism or other hostile speech.
- Impersonating staff member.
- Attacking people in respawn locations.
- Spamming or making in-game chat unreadable.

Sanctions shall go from jailing or temporary banning to regenerating tent/faction map or characters deleting.
Also, please note that by going to an event set up by GMs you agree with the event rules, that may vary. Sanction for players making troubles in an event is let to the Game Master's imagination.

Use common sense and you won't get into any trouble.

Edited 2011-02-06

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=1709.0
Iguana Pete's sister

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 07:23:29 am »

Grid camping is still not allowed

it's just lame grid camping and will be punished the next time it's seen there.

Also, "gridcamping" is in my opinion very easy to define: it's when you stand near the entrance of a location waiting for others to spawn so you (or your mercs/slaves) can shoot and kill them before they can react. If you want to camp without gridcamping, just move away from the entrance of the location a bit, to allow your potential enemies to control their characters and actually look for a battle against you instead of killing them without risking anything, without letting them shoot back.

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 07:44:38 am »

Iguana Pete's sister

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 07:53:00 am »

You are mixing up two different things. That thread was about PvP in protected towns. What I am talking about, is gridcamping.

PvP in protected towns is not the problem. The problem is when you start to gridcamp, which you can do in protected or unprotected places.
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 08:05:00 am »

You are mixing up two different things. That thread was about PvP in protected towns. What I am talking about, is gridcamping.

PvP in protected towns is not the problem. The problem is when you start to gridcamp, which you can do in protected or unprotected places.

First post nails it, and is entirely relevant to this thread... as THIS thread is supposed to be about "PvP in protected towns."  If anything the previous few posts regarding grid camping were off-topic.

Quote from: Lexx on April 26, 2011, 01:21:20 pm
As far as I can see, people say "guarded town == no pvp in there" ... which I find wrong. Just because there are guards, it doesn't mean there can't be any pvp. I'll guess people don't do any real pvp in there, because of two reasons:

1. Reinforcements in some towns are too heavy and
2. Chance to lose items is a lot higher, because you have to pwn NPC guards before you can pwn bluesuits.

At 1: Towns like Klamath or Modoc would have far less reinforcements than the NCR or Adytum, so it wouldn't be a that big deal. If you can take out the guards in the map, you might as well be able to take out the reinforcement troops.

At 2: Well, yeah.

In any case, just because a town has guards, it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to fight in there. If you can take it up with the NPCs, fine... Hell, nobody (Devs + Game Masters) would care, if now a big playergroup enters the NCR and starts taking out the guards and "takes over" the town in some kind of way. As long as no cheats / guard ai abuse (like blocking in doors) is done, nothing speaks against it. If we would want to have no players fight in these locations, we would simply set them to "no pvp" and you couldn't activate combat anymore.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:07:23 am by Wind_Drift »
Iguana Pete's sister

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 08:12:58 am »

Okay, man, how about trying to read more than just the first post in that thread?

Cryofluid, in the first post, complained because Gorlak punished them for doing PvP in a guarded place. Gorlak did not act correctly, because it seems there was no rule broken.

Now, a few posts after that, aForcefulThrust said: "Same thing happens to Section 8 when they take mine".

And to that, Lexx said: "No. Grid camping is still not allowed and grid camping was the only thing that Section8 was doing."

So, two different things. NOT the same.

And in this thread, read again: I was talking about Mabus, gridcamper. In fact, a gridcamper who's acted in UNprotected areas such as the Gecko mine or T-Ray's garage.
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2011, 08:52:00 am »

Let me try to explain it this way.

3 people named: Typhoid, Donkey. , and .Juggernaut.

are killing anyone who comes in and they killed all guards in NCR... need GM help!

As far as I can see, people say "guarded town == no pvp in there" ... which I find wrong. Just because there are guards, it doesn't mean there can't be any pvp.

In any case, just because a town has guards, it doesn't mean you aren't allowed to fight in there. If you can take it up with the NPCs, fine... Hell, nobody (Devs + Game Masters) would care, if now a big playergroup enters the NCR and starts taking out the guards and "takes over" the town in some kind of way. As long as no cheats / guard ai abuse (like blocking in doors) is done, nothing speaks against it. If we would want to have no players fight in these locations, we would simply set them to "no pvp" and you couldn't activate combat anymore.

Nothing else in that thread was relevant.

I guess this thread is now about Mabus and grid camping?

I give up.  Enjoy the derailment.

I hope Alexandrite had his concerns answered, because I doubt he gives a shit about Mabus.

:'(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 09:11:49 am by Wind_Drift »
Iguana Pete's sister

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2011, 01:58:58 pm »

If someone is seen gridcamping using proxies  (thus unfair methods)  to be logged on to multiple characters at time and gather mercenaries and slaves to that place he'll get punished. It's as simple as that.

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2011, 08:20:33 pm »

3 people named: Typhoid, Donkey. , and .Juggernaut.

are killing anyone who comes in and they killed all guards in NCR...

Bastardz! They killed Kenny!
SECTION 8

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 09:12:40 pm »

If someone is seen gridcamping using proxies  (thus unfair methods)  to be logged on to multiple characters at time and gather mercenaries and slaves to that place he'll get punished. It's as simple as that.
Is this really true?
Many times I seen these guys, but they still playing without GM make them suffer and ban them..
For example Fettel still playing FOnline 2238 with proxy.. emm.. I don't remember his account name now, but maybe later I remember ;)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2011, 09:00:33 pm »

I was there during one of these masquerades.

I didn't see any rule-breaking.

So.....  Done here?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.