"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 04:26:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Armor Class  (Read 13906 times)

gr1m055

Armor Class
« on: December 18, 2011, 06:52:58 am »

Why is the armor class jumping up and down it goes 0 then 25 back down to 0 for example? I assume this is bug that needs to be reported, also armor class is 0 in all the menus.

Off topic, but why do none of the cars have trunks?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
Re: Armor Class
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:55:00 am »

No bug, AC applied only when running.
For the cars, bug.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

gr1m055

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 07:22:59 am »

oh...

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:43:46 pm »

No bug, AC applied only when running.

Dang! That makes complete lack of sense imo...

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

avv

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 05:57:54 pm »

Dang! That makes complete lack of sense imo...

How come? It makes more sense than having high ac when not moving.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Wallace

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 06:15:41 pm »

Oh yeah right... i forgot it's way more easier to dodge attacks when you run contrary to when you stand and expect blows and shots...

Roleplay!

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 07:49:44 pm »

Oh yeah right... i forgot it's way more easier to dodge attacks when you run contrary to when you stand and expect blows and shots...
If that's irony you're retarded. Do you really think someone standing will dodge a bullet?

Wallace

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 08:00:30 pm »

From my experience most retarded people call others as such...

As for AC - you may be right if you're talking about one shot but it's be easier to dodge greater amount bullets from burst when standing rather than running... (see those chains or bullets hitting ground/walls/surroundings?)

But in case of HtH fighters - you can avoid attack when you are ready for it... not when you cannot do shit about incomming blow...

Roleplay!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 08:12:14 pm »

Don't talk nonsense. You're never dodging something on purpose, its just harder to hit a moving target
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 08:17:03 pm »

From my experience most retarded people call others as such...
Ok, I admit that was rude, but seriously, matrix doesn't work IRL. A bullet goes far too fast to be dodged. As Solar said, it's simply harder to hit a moving target, especially if it move fast/erratically (therefore malus for armor and bonus for perks).

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 09:30:18 pm »

AC modifies more than chance to hit your bullets. Like you know, you can definitely dodge a punch or a kick.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

gr1m055

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 09:46:55 pm »

Well it seems you can do this, you either go all out damage resistance perks and take less damage standing still, or dodging perks if you want a person to have less of a chance to hit you as you run.

There are trade offs you could do a all out dodger / max damage resistance but you have no health, or you can do all health and some dodging and some damage resistance but no damage or criticals. I would see AC perks being useful for snipers who need to run back and not get hit to get in max change or melee. I think it all boils down to what you prefer and this well take some time when this next session starts to figure out what you are comfortable with.

You hate being crippled you go anti-cripple perks you want to go full on damage you take BRD / More crit. Want to burst wice you sacrfice either health or damage resistance. It should be an interesting blend next session.

Wallace

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 11:35:29 pm »

Don't talk nonsense. You're never dodging something on purpose, its just harder to hit a moving target

Well i'm training HtH combat myself in RL (also ASG and simmilar stuff) so i have learned this:
1 If you are not dodging on purpose but out of fear/instinct are half a step from being a dead meat... (melee/unarmed combat rather than gunfight)

2 it's easier to hit moving target (from a gun- at mid+ distance) if he/she runs away in straight line than for example making some rolling, hitting the ground, crouching etc

(...) but seriously, matrix doesn't work IRL. A bullet goes far too fast to be dodged.(...)

Of course it is impossible to dodge a bullet! BUT you are not dodging the bullet but apparent gun's barrel trajectory (it's hard as hell and nigh impossible yet with proper training...). When bursting if a first bullet hits you - it's all over i admit but if it wont, you get a chance for dodging it before spray reaches you...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:52:50 pm by Wallace »

Roleplay!
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 06:34:35 am »

Why does RL keep coming up in these convo's?  In RL do you get hit with a rocket and get back up again?

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 09:21:47 am »

Then have the game mechanics reason.

AC needs to be high to be useful. If there is high AC when standing then its only useful for snipers kiting.

I wanted AC. To be used for getting into range to help all lower range weapons - so it became AC when running only.

That it also makes sense in RL is just a happy coincidence
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 32 queries.