"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:48:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Big Gun Armorer Build (non-drug)  (Read 1366 times)

Big Gun Armorer Build (non-drug)
« on: December 15, 2011, 03:40:58 pm »

He will be able to craft brotherhood armor and burst a minigun, any problems in this build just say
7ST for minigun
6pe
6en
3ch for vendor
7in
6ag
6luck for toughness.
Re: Big Gun Armorer Build (non-drug)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 04:19:11 pm »

It will be totally unefficient. 6 AG is really bad idea.
I suggest you to forget about toughness, and go for 1 LK.

Put SPECIAL points into max agility, END 8, and one more to INT. Buff a lil bit FA and DOC skill.
Instead of BRD and toughness, choose quick recovery, and some support perks (maybe bonus move if you play TB).
3 CH is useless, just take mentats and you can handle anything.

But please, note: this build will still suck in PvP (same as yours), but at least, you can do PvE without any problems.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 05:00:06 pm »

It will be totally unefficient. 6 AG is really bad idea.
I suggest you to forget about toughness, and go for 1 LK.

Put SPECIAL points into max agility, END 8, and one more to INT. Buff a lil bit FA and DOC skill.
Instead of BRD and toughness, choose quick recovery, and some support perks (maybe bonus move if you play TB).
3 CH is useless, just take mentats and you can handle anything.

But please, note: this build will still suck in PvP (same as yours), but at least, you can do PvE without any problems.
Hm, thinking well I will tag science, instead of outdoorsman, now I can craft brotherhood armor.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:23:18 pm by Dantiko »
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 07:58:47 pm »

Man, but are you aware, that u will kill absolutely none with that build? So whats the point?
Leveling up proper crafter character its a matter of 3 hours to third level of anything you want.

Leveling up proper bg ape its definately more fun, than your mixed (messed up) ape-crafter.
And im pretty sure that even 21lvluping those two chars will still take less time, than your mix.

If you REALLY want to create combined char like this, i strongly suggest to take SG, not BG. Cause in both cases, you will suck hard, but SG is still more flexible, and easier to play.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 01:09:21 am »

Well having some BG skill and at least one burst is generally good idea because you can level it up very fast to max proffesion level (usually lvl 6-9 of char). But it is useless to try to mix more proffesions since you can reach only proffession lvl3 in single character and believe me anything else than lvl 3 profession is just wasted effort making alt. You will need to craft plazma rifles, avangers and brotherhood armours. Everything else is plentifull via NPC traders (steall from some npcs, sell to traders, fast profit). Crafter alt sould be optimized to achieve lvl3 proffesion as fast as possible. Playing it further is prety useless though it will stand no chance against any PvP dedicated build even in PvE PvP junkies are much better.

I suggest you lvl some other crafter (10int, skilled) to lvl 8 take armourer 3 and spend the rest of the time leveling dedicated PvP build which will bring you much more fun though you can actually kill someone with it.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 01:17:14 pm »

Well having some BG skill and at least one burst is generally good idea because you can level it up very fast to max proffesion level (usually lvl 6-9 of char). But it is useless to try to mix more proffesions since you can reach only proffession lvl3 in single character and believe me anything else than lvl 3 profession is just wasted effort making alt. You will need to craft plazma rifles, avangers and brotherhood armours. Everything else is plentifull via NPC traders (steall from some npcs, sell to traders, fast profit). Crafter alt sould be optimized to achieve lvl3 proffesion as fast as possible. Playing it further is prety useless though it will stand no chance against any PvP dedicated build even in PvE PvP junkies are much better.

I suggest you lvl some other crafter (10int, skilled) to lvl 8 take armourer 3 and spend the rest of the time leveling dedicated PvP build which will bring you much more fun though you can actually kill someone with it.
But what's the point of leveling an armorer build if I can't use the armors I will craft with it with the ape build, I can't double-log. I will create a crafter with 10 int first then I will create an ape, thanks for advice.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 04:13:08 pm »

Well if you want to have an effective crafter who can fight and able to make big guns and/or armors I suggest making a turn based character since I know chars that are like that and effective.
First thing forget about 6 luck you will not need bonus ranged or toughness cause it takes away the space from bonus move.
Stats to have 5 8 8 3 6 10 1 traits kamikaze and small frame. With 3 ch you will be able to have 2 mercenary at your side they will carry your stuff so 45 cw is no problem however if you want more cw to be able to use rocket launcher more effectively instead of small frame take good natured or something else, then with 9 ag you can drink nuka cola to have full action points and your cw is 67. Kamikaze gives sequence so take it first shot will be yours that way.
Next tagged skills big guns, science and repair. For armorer and big gunner 2 you need 120 repair and 100 science you will have enough skills to max your combat skill at 190 and have some in doc and outdoorsman. If you want to get to last armor level you can do it too you only need to lower your big gun skill to 170-180 and instead of adding to doc and outdoors pump up the repair to 180 you may have some skill point for outdoorsman but it wont be high. In case of big gun maker you need only 120 repair so you can have enough point to be able to walk at a moderate rate.
Perks to take awareness to see your mercenaries hp, 2 bonus move, life giver, bonus rate of fire, 2 action boy.
Your build has 12+4 action point if you arm yourself with light support weapon you can roll quite good. Fighting against city patrols or caravans will be easy and in fights against a player you will have the upper hand remember your 2 hired pal who helps you :>.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 04:27:50 pm »

Hmm I think it's 2 points of CH for 1 mercenary.

So:
1 CH = None
3 CH = 1 mercenary
5 CH = 2 mercenaries
7 CH = 3   ~
9 CH = 4   ~

Maybe I'm wrong... It's been a long time since played as Slaver.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »

Well in case of buying you are right he will need mentats to buy 2 but to have them around 3 ch is enough. Looks like I missed it out from my post so thanks for mentioning.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 04:33:21 pm »

Well in case of buying you are right he will need mentats to buy 2 but to have them around 3 ch is enough. Looks like I missed it out from my post so thanks for mentioning.
But with CH3 and 2 mercenaries, he can't travel on the WM.
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 04:40:26 pm »

He can travel, mercs are the same as players, simply max. mercs you can have on 1 character equals to (CH-1)/2 check while you're buying a merc.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 05:22:47 pm »

Hm, my bg ape
7st
6pe
8en
1ch
6in
7ag
6lk
traits: jinxed and small frame
tags at level 21: 200%bg, 150%outdoorsman, 120%fa
2 toughness, 2 brd, 2 lifegiver and brof
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.