"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 05, 2024, 11:05:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Changes for some perks..  (Read 6877 times)

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
Re: Changes for some perks..
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 03:13:22 pm »

HtH Evade is needed to change that it counts only main hand, not second too.
It's mean to be for HtH fighters only (75% unarmed, second takes 150% unarmed)
And HtH guys only keep 1 weapon with them on main hand and second hand hold healing item.. well mostly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:15:35 pm by runboy93 »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 03:20:32 pm »

They should be for medics, not combat builds with some FA.
For medic, a "don't shoot on the medic!" perk who raise AC when standing still with paramedic bag in hand?  :P

I can't remember what the new HP equation will be, if it still means odd En is useless then it should change, rather than keep LG on evens
Oh, well, ofc if uneven EN become useful... But atm I think it's still useless, the Hp gain is still EN/2 (only the +2 each level have been removed).
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

avv

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 03:42:24 pm »

Higher FA is its own reward anyway, not sure if the requirements need to come down. They should be for medics, not combat builds with some FA.

The wut? I can tell there's no such thing as medic unless in proxy form or as crafter alt. Fighting comes always first unless it's a sneaker. After putting enough points in main gunskill remaining points are first allocated in doc and then in FA. If superstims are plenty, fa won't even be needed.

Moving fa and carryweight related perks to support would surely increase their popularity. I can assure nobody in his right mind will choose fa perks over lifegiver or action boy.

EDIT: actually it would be cool to have a medic class the same way there's merc leader and slaver classes that are used occasionally. The thing is this class should be a damn health powerhouse but with the current perks he just won't be any better than a guy who has 50 superstims and just keeps pumping them in everybody who's hurt.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:22:24 pm by avv »
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 06:23:54 pm »

Of course, by medic I mean someone who invests properly into the skill to be able to go all the way up the perk tree for it. (Instead of being a dodger etc)

Not some limp wristed char who only has FA.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 01:05:17 am »

Field medic? It is usless. Well if some one is knocked down he will be dead is 5s. There allready increased hp to 290hp and dead man walking special perk, so it is additional +60hp before you die. And surf please leave lsw and mini/av alone. Make m60 stationary defend weapon but leave rest. Boost assault rifle lvl3 - it is v expensive weapon but totally usles, it could be like laser rifle 42-45range and with some perk, or req str 4- because it is composite weapon so it is lighter
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:40:58 am by greece crisis »

gr1m055

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 09:17:12 am »

Well I was not part of the beta test but I have noticed a nice surprise on the FCP.

I think better toughness should require toughness to take the next level. That makes no sense to me.

My overall opinion is BG tanks are going to be RIDICULOUS with all these +ac perks and +10% damage resistance perks.

I mean the balance with sniper is that it can shoot 50 hexes but is generally weak(lower hp) and requires a lot of skill point, so now we have all these +AC perks, anti-cirt, and bonehead trait which is going to make it impossible to shoot somebody at range and do decent damage or cause a knockout.

And now bonus range damage and toughness requires no luck? So this is going to be all 1 luck big gunners while other things like SG and EW are gimped. I hate big gunners, I don't like playing big gunners, and this is what pvp is going to be nothing but max HP 1 luck big gunners. So now big gunners are going to be impossible to hit with +AC perks, or going to be ridiculous to try and shoot and knockout with a targeted shot build. That is the balance in PvP that targeted shot builds can do knockouts because they generally require less HP to make them.

I just don't see this next session being very balanced, its going to be all big gunners. EW and SG snipers aren't going to do much. That is what I think about these new perks and changes, I haven't played Beta but this is what I think so far just looking at the FCP.

And why can't we get bonus rate of fire with energy weapons?

I don't know I haven't played the beta and haven't played next wipe maybe it wont be so bad, but I just see big gunners as being over powered, and energy weapons as gimped and nerfed badly. I just don't see the devs thinking with weapon handling and bonus rate of fire can't be taken with energy weapons. So all the builds can do 2 shots but energy weapons have to take jet and get -DR from jet, and they are going to get owned super quick because they can't hit tanks at max range, or they can't at least knock them out because of perks like stonewall and traits like bonehead.

In current session its already pretty bad that stonewall blocks knockouts and knockdowns, but now we have bonehead, stonewall and that one perk that does -10% crit chance? This is kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Targeted shot builds aren't going to be fun at all.

I mean at least in the current session snipers and ew stand a chance against tanks because they can bypass and do knock outs. And can at least hit 75% in eyes max range to a tank with damage resistance.

Although I think this is a good improvement for melee characters I think we well see more of them in PvP a melee character seems like it would be fun with +AC and HtH evade etc.

Correct me if I am wrong but does anybody see it the way I do that energy weapons and snipers are going to be useless against tanks? And PvP is going to be all big gunners?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:31:59 am by gr1m055 »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 09:35:17 am »

I think it might be a little better to wait and actually try playing with the perks before the complaining begins.

I have no doubt things will need changing, the interaction of all the perks, new weapon stats, etc is very complex and I've essentially guessed with these things. So of course it will need fine tuning.

Do need to make sure EW and throwing are added in to some requirements though.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 10:25:57 am »

add brfo to ew, and grim stop crying. no one will take now stonewall because it is from 9 or 12lvl so pvp builds have to take others perks like lg/brd/toughnes/brof...
surf please make gatling pvp weapon ;] something equal to av but for range 30-35. gatling is most expensive gun to use and buy...make it pvp weapon, add perk spray and prey or armor piercing like magneto laser pistol.
grip no one like g a y ew in metal armors. laser rifles are toys

avv

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:30 am »

I think it might be a little better to wait and actually try playing with the perks before the complaining begins.

I bet people would love to do some hinkleying with superstims and drugs to see how the builds work. It would take about a week to roughly see which perks and builds stand out from the rest.

Drugs and superstims are must because by the end of the day everyone who's played a while will have a build that uses at least buffout, nuka and cigs.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 11:03:26 am »

drugs on hinkley? it is little imposible. everyone would just go there use drugs and go on wm full drhat would dugged for next 30min. that would kill med crafters market. but idea of giving only nuca and smokes on hinkley is quite good. only basic drugs and stims in arena arent good idea either. arena is for quick fight kill or die, adding stims would increase time of every match so people which are waiting for next match would get bored of waiting. hinkley has another map...arena of barrles ;] only for brusters ;]

avv

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 11:35:11 am »

I meant in cbt.
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 11:42:22 am »

you can get drugs from shops. caps from npcs and basic drugs cola and smokes and stims and random gear. hmmm i didnt see gatling on hinkley. and also m60 wasnt quite good as lsw

gr1m055

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 02:15:05 pm »

I have no doubt things will need changing, the interaction of all the perks, new weapon stats, etc is very complex and I've essentially guessed with these things. So of course it will need fine tuning.

Do need to make sure EW and throwing are added in to some requirements though.

Well I am stating my opinion what I think based off of reading what these perks do. But I was very shocked that the character planner stated something like -16% chance to hit in eyes with laser rifle max range to a target with max AC perks and more toughness + psycho and brotherhood armor. 300 skill points, 10 perception -16% chance to hit eyes? To a build that has 120ac + better toughness + psycho using brotherhood armor?

And I just found it weird the only way to make a efficient energy build you need 200% small guns or big guns which does not work out well when you need 300% skill points to do anything. That is my biggest complaint, everything else looks fine and I like the new ideas, and should make for some interesting builds and pvp.

But I am glad you took into consideration of adding an energy and throwing requirement for these perks.

And for of those who say I am crying you should be happy that I discuss these things and discover this kind of stuff, because I know a build that would make it -16% chance to hit eyes at max range with sniper and energy builds. Even with 300% skill points and 10 perception. That would not be fair to snipers and ew now would it? And the way to get this build is not having requirements to get perks like even more toughness, dodger+ without taking dodger, or toughness. Or maybe the character planner is glitched or bugged I do not know, I hope its bugged but if it is accurate there needs to be changes.

I just do not want to see the game being all one type of power build, and my favorite builds to play are energy builds and snipers. And this is based off of assumption, but I have been playing fallout1/2 for many years and understand the math of criticals DR/DT luck rolls etc.

I would love to wait to see these perks in action then I can truly say if its over powered or not. I am hoping that the character planner isn't accurate and hopefully its nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 02:16:37 pm by gr1m055 »
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 02:25:44 pm »

Well I am stating my opinion what I think based off of reading what these perks do. But I was very shocked that the character planner stated something like -16% chance to hit in eyes with laser rifle max range to a target with max AC perks and more toughness + psycho and brotherhood armor. 300 skill points, 10 perception -16% chance to hit eyes? To a build that has 120ac + better toughness + psycho using brotherhood armor?

but you know to make such a build you will have to make ultra troll build. you woulnd make any damage to oponents so it will be only troll char. maby good for sneaker ;] and now to take brof you must have 225% skill of sg/bg/...

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 02:27:40 pm »

I think that's the point of AC. But I have no idea how is this ever going to be balanced with 70% (and higher) reduction on armors.
Then again I've heard it has some buff to it's damage, so you can cut bluesuits like a boss.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 27 queries.