"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 24, 2024, 07:35:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: bg balance  (Read 23850 times)

bg balance
« on: December 11, 2011, 09:35:03 pm »

weapons are unbalanced.
all brust mode bg are to powerful with +++brd, mostly they deal 100-130 damage in range from avenger against ba+toughnes
against ba++toughnest and psyho 70-90 in range
bazooka with ex rockets deal only 30-60 damage against ba
sniers are to weak. they will have oly 160-190hp with jet so they has no chance against 240-290hp bg with +++brd, same with ew characters.
i had to shoot at least 20times to critical hit someone in ca/ba and i had 25% (25-10=15%)
Re: bg balance
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 11:22:49 pm »

i had to shoot at least 20times to critical hit someone in ca/ba and i had 25% (25-10=15%)

First of all , the critical chance shown in character screen is only chance for torso , even if you had 1 luck without any more critical perks you still have 39% chance to critically hit someone in eyes. Since you shot 20 times and got 1 critical i presume you shot in torso and was really unlucky and or you are just over exaggerating or you can't count properly.

So you are in no condition to make any statements about balance if you don't know the basic game mechanics.

Snipers will be alright , tested enough.

all brust mode bg are to powerful with +++brd, mostly they deal 100-130 damage in range from avenger against ba+toughnes
against ba++toughnest and psyho 70-90 in range

The damage is increased as well the hp pool , so what is your point ?

bazooka with ex rockets deal only 30-60 damage against ba

okay edit: Wtf ?

sniers are to weak. they will have oly 160-190hp with jet so they has no chance against 240-290hp bg with +++brd

Your personal opinion is surely no evidence of that.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:33:27 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:03:18 am »

30-50damage from bazooka? it makes it usless. only 25%crit bazooka can make some damage 100-130.
25% bg with out spray and prey, i tested it for 20min on hinkley using avanger/bazooka so your point about aiming in the eyes is pointles.
+++brd bg with avenger can kill 1sniper with one good single non-crit shoot.
1guy with avenger can make more splash damage than guy with rocket launcher. now players can have max 290hp and to kill him you had to shoot him at least 6-7times with rocket launcher , so now one +++brd bg can easly kill two ++toughnes/psyho bg bazooka players. bazzoka was allways weak but now it is allmost usless.

"The damage is increased as well the hp pool , so what is your point ?"
my point is av is to powerful, it is about 20%better than lsw/mini.decrease av and increase bazooka damage. if u made tank char you still has no chance against +++brd bg with avanger. avanger will be killing mashine and line of 3 avanger can stop now rush of 5people. hp is incrased only for bg chars. i tried to make good sg sniper char (25%,better,rbte,sharpshooter,brof)and i can get only 160-190hp so sniper hp wont change after wipe. if you shoot 190hp sniper on jet u can deal him 140damage with silngle +++brd shoot and now you can easly make 12ap brof +++brd bg, so in max 35hex range after 1-2s sniper will be lead meat, and 250-290 bg can take 1-2shoot from sniper before he reach him, also now armors have -%crit modificators and perk right between the eyes inst to good.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:57:43 am by jacky »
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:57:04 am »

O.K, don't know if you know this but every weapon has it's own range. Rockets and snipers have a much further range which other weapons can't touch, so a BG build would have to move closer to other guy, at same time other guy moves further away.

Single shot;
Sniper rifle; AP: 6, Range: 50.
Bozar;        AP: 7, Range: 50.
Laser rifle;  AP: 5, Range: 45.
Rocket;      AP: 7, Range: 40.
Burst;
Avenger;     AP: 7, Range: 35. Rounds: 40
Assault rifle;AP: 6, Range: 35, Rounds: 12
LSW;          AP: 7, Range: 35, Rounds: 10
M60;          AP: 7, Range: 35, Rounds: 10

So now you have the facts you can make up your own mind

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:36 am »

i know range of all weapons, but no one is rushing line of snipers in open space. anyway if u ran 15hex sniper has no chance, and av has also splash damage if u are shooting someone in group. if you take perk that decrease your chance of crlipe your arm, sniper wont stop you. there are lot of anty crits perks now <man of steel, 2perks about cripling your limbs> and armors with negative % crit hit.

for example. +++brd bg is rushing 2snipers with sniper/assault rifles. they didnt knock him down or criple his eye/arm. he shoot in 2s 2 brust and kill 2 snipers at same time. my point is rush of 3av guys can wipe out 5-6players in 2s.
and avanger will be 30/burst, and brof isnt working with ew weapons and you can simply make tesla tank ++toughnes and psyho : normal resist - 4/20 > 9/50.

my point is bg with avanger is to powerful, bg with bazooka is to weak, snipers hp wont change.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:34:04 am by jacky »
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:15:59 am »

There is no point, jacky, we knew 6 months ago that snipers will suck after wipe, it's been said way to many times. Bg's always been overpowered except this wipe when things were how should they be, meaning snipers prevail in open space against bg's. Now bg era will be back so we will just have to accept it.
Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do!

« Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children! »  Section 8 official motto
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 11:27:33 am »

Its epic when t888 assume you wrong, and blame you for that - all in few lines.
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 11:44:06 am »

i know they are overpowered but this time avanger is killing mashine. i tested it in hinkley and it can simply deal 100-130 in range against ba +toughness. and i know there will be a lot of rage "fucking avanger", fucking shity sg/ew/bazooka. but really, who will take now bazoka if smg can deal more damage ;] good luck with killing  290hp guy in ca mk2 using ex rockets. 25-50 per shoot. that is riddicilous compare to avanger power. mercs are fine now, no air strike from map and their number is decreased, but if u are going to give them bazooka well they are just walking meat. even 500hp muties are weak with rocket launchers, granades will be more powerful than rocket ;/

my idea is :
decrease -% crit hit from armors,
increase perk rbte >to decrease all %crit hit from helmet<
improve some perk only for sg/ew snipers to get more hp >like for example "sniper soul" +10-20hp and +20sg/ew%. req: crit chance 25% and pe 8-9.
that would make good balance between sniper-bg

and also making m60/lsw only tb weapon isnt good idea. it nagates idea of bg sneaker.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:01:46 pm by jacky »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:49:11 pm »

i tested it in hinkley and it can simply deal 100-130 in range against ba +toughness.
Yeah it's really awesome against NPCs. Sadly players are kind of a bigger deal, as they often get up to 3 toughness. With 3 toughness the damage is lower than right now...
who will take now bazoka if smg can deal more damage ;] good luck with killing  290hp guy in ca mk2 using ex rockets. 25-50 per shoot.
Hint: use AP rocket on armored target, understand the rocket is more useful for it's splash and KD than for it's DPS.
Nah, the only problem I see right now are the livegiver that you have to take three times to have interest, and the BRoF not available for energy.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 12:54:13 pm »

i tested it against players:
-ba with jet
-ba
-ba +toughnes
-ba ++toughness
-ba ++toughness psyho
i shooted them in max range and from 1hex. i tested +++bg/ ++bg for crits/ bg crits with lsw/m60/mini/av/bazooka
as i told u i know ap rockets are better but not as is use to be but it doesnt change fact that ex rockets are pice of shit now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:56:10 pm by jacky »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 01:49:44 pm »

i know they are overpowered but this time avanger is killing mashine.
It's expensive, eats shitload of bullets, requires proper build to use (7 ST, which sniper needs that amount of ST?), it's hi-tech toy. What's wrong with making it also killing machine, not watergun, like it is in this era? If I may quote the classic, now avenger is fine as it is.
and also making m60/lsw only tb weapon isnt good idea. it nagates idea of bg sneaker.
Wait what? A sneaky-peaky ninja with gun larger than himself? What is this, some anime pew-pew game?

Anyway if we can't run with LSW/M60, make it at least worth having it, by damage boost for example. Or leave it as it is, there is many useless guns already, one or two less or more doesn't make a big difference :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 02:00:04 pm »

str 7 so what? all you have to do now is make char with str 6 and take psyho. brd/toughnes doesnt req luck6 so u can set luck 1. but try to create good sniper with luck 10 and str 3 (weapon handling, jet<>buff) for sniper you have to spend at least luck 10 and str 3str and 3perks for more and bett crits, weapon handling, sharpshooter, rbte, and you have only 2perks left. maby 1lg and brof.

what damage boost? lsw-m60? avenger deals 15-25 more damage per burst than lsw. and av eats only 30 ammo now and it isnt expensive and hard to craft.
and if they want to add non running bg weapon they should add bozar with damage 50-50 and str7-8 and 9ap with aimed shoot.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:11:21 pm by jacky »

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 02:35:29 pm »

str 7 so what? all you have to do now is make char with str 6 and take psyho. brd/toughnes doesnt req luck6 so u can set luck 1. but try to create good sniper with luck 10 and str 3 (weapon handling, jet<>buff) for sniper you have to spend at least luck 10 and str 3str and 3perks for more and bett crits, weapon handling, sharpshooter, rbte, and you have only 2perks left. maby 1lg and brof.
It's called consequences of choices, my friend. You want to run around with minigun 250 HP tank-ape, you have to feed it with bazilion 5 mm rounds and pick tank perks. You want to sneak around with smart-ass sniper and pwn n00bz from bazilion hexes, put points in Luck to get reasonable critical chance and sniper perks.

And if you don't want any of these, make Mad Max Wannabe woodsman char and prepare for dying in combat from both above types :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 02:44:22 pm »

Paper says to rock: " scissors are overpowered "

I just summed your way of logic in one sentence.

30-50damage from bazooka? it makes it usless. only 25%crit bazooka can make some damage 100-130.

It's only for explosive rockets and explosive rockets deal the same damage right now on 2238 , the fact is RL has wider splash damage without bullet spread damage reduction and has knockdown , the weapon excel in team fights not your imaginary 1 vs 1 fights furthermore there is more than one armor in the game.

+++brd bg with avenger can kill 1sniper with one good single non-crit shoot.

Take in mind avenger minigun will be a bitch to get after wipe , so you better test everything with an ordinary minigun.

1 guy with avenger can make more splash damage than guy with rocket launcher. now players can have max 290hp and to kill him you had to shoot him at least 6-7times with rocket launcher , so now one +++brd bg can easly kill two ++toughnes/psyho bg bazooka players. bazzoka was allways weak but now it is allmost usless.

Rocket launcher hasn't been changed at all , stop using explosive rockets and testing everything on BA. DING your wrong again.

bla bla bla more personal judgement , bla bla bla
i tried to make good sg sniper char(25%,better,rbte,sharpshooter,brof)and i can get only 160-190hp so sniper hp wont change after wipe. if you shoot 190hp sniper on jet u can deal him 140damage with silngle +++brd shoot and now you can easly make 12ap brof +++brd bg so in max 35hex range after 1-2s sniper will be lead meat

Nub , try to find a team and get some experience in team fights and you will be enlightened , it doesn't work that way.

and 250-290 bg can take 1-2shoot from sniper before he reach him, also now armors have -%crit modificators and perk right between the eyes inst to good.

Your personal opinion is surely no evidence of that.

my point is bg with avanger is to powerful, bg with bazooka is to weak, snipers hp wont change. sniper does one shot , when sniper runs away with brd +++ bg kills people in 1 second , make something go away , very weak while snipers die because bazoooka deal crap damage and brd+++ kills all in 2 seconds yes why sniper perk right eyes is bad and deals jet on 140 damage and is to OP , avenger +++ brd kill all in one shot when snupers can't shoot with sniper , bazooka is crap

When i read your posts it sounds like this , your sense of judgment is really bad , stop posting i warned you before.

Like no one agrees with you and you still can't shut up and accept that your wrong.

i know i have problems being polite , but fuck this thread is so stupid.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 02:49:18 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 02:48:08 pm »

i know it is consequence of making prof pvp build. but my point was that damge and hp are boosted but only for bg chars. snipers will stay as they are now, so it will be unbalanced. i can easly make 246hp +++brd, +toughnes, ++lg, quick req, brof build with 12ap and pe 8 on drugs (small frame, bone head) this build is killing mashine. i dont see point of making one ultimate weapon in game, only gauss can compare to bg with av now. we have a lot of intresting weapons which arent implemented, solar gun, pulse pistol <--it could be awesome for sneaker, bozar, pulse rifle, and my fav alien gun.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 24 queries.