"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:06:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: way of exping as non fighter char- i need help  (Read 1772 times)

Agerom

• Nemesis-Type in game
way of exping as non fighter char- i need help
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:17:28 pm »

how can i exp if my char isnt fighter? I have outdoorsman and FA, does high Outdoorsman and running around on map is enough?
Re: way of exping as non fighter char- i need help
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:22:36 pm »

how can i exp if my char isnt fighter? I have outdoorsman and FA, does high Outdoorsman and running around on map is enough?
That's a very very very slow way of doing it.  Your best bet is crafting stuff.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 12:25:17 pm »

Fa could be nicely exploited,stay at base with your mercs-slaves,1-hex hurt them,then use FA.That could work.Or just stay in NCR healing people if server is full enough.

Outdoor is more an help for exp than a solution.With only OUT,you get lvl 21 in 3-4 months.Too slow.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 12:49:16 pm »

You could craft BB's 5250 times or  weak healing powders 26250 times. Hope that helps! (If this is for your slaver build, you can let them knock down human enemies, alt menu stop all actions and kill it for yourself.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:51:09 pm by Slaver Snipe »
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 01:03:28 pm »

weak healing powders 26250 times
They don't have CD, also roots and flowers have no weight. It's possible to use some auto-clicker that will do it for you. The only problem to gather 26250 roots. I gathered over 1k roots while killing moles, and was crafting powders while moving on WM and between shots to moles in RT and when character was running to exit grid from enc, but couldn't craft all as I was afraid of mental dis-function or brain damage by clicking Fix button so much. Anyway I got more than 4k XP only on crafting weak healing powders during all XPing.
As about topic, also there's possible to get 6th or 8th level by doing starting quests, and when you said your character isn't combat, it doesn't mean that you can't raise some skill to at least 80% or 100%, if only you're 300% thief with sneak or something, but you have FA and OD, what's your 3rd tagged skill? With pancor or other shotgun you can kill at least mantis with low SG skill and level faster than... healing powders X_X. Get your SG skill higher with Boneyard fortress bonus, may be you won't need to raise it anymore, shotguns have nice CtH because of accurate perk and -AC ammo, you can kill critters in point blank, the only problem could be if you have low ST, so you'll have penalty to hit, still you can eat buffout and/or psycho or just use mauser and kill mantis.

Note: don't press "Done" button in Fixboy, for faster crafting press "F", then choose powders (or BBs or other items that need to be crafted and you'll hate it soon), press "Fix" then double tap "F" button so it'll close and open Fixboy again. It means you'll need to do only 2 clicks with mouse, not 3, while pressing "F" button with your finger is better than moving cursor to "Done" button. Also if you'll feel cold in your brain or feel that you're going to become insane you better stop. :D
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 01:33:17 pm »

No Ravenous, autoclickers are bad, you need to earn the level it is not enough that you found/bought 26250 flowers.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 02:39:54 pm »

Gaining experience points with outdoorsman skill would last 3-4 months, if you were wandering only near NCR. It's not the fastest way, but doesn't take so much time. It always depends on how much you play, but 3-4 months period is very inaccurate estimation.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:54:58 pm by Aquare »
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »

From my experience best option for noncombat support alts is to get BG to 120 and use flamer on centaurs vs encounters. But if you from some reason want to be purely noncombat enjoy very long grinding time.....
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 05:02:23 am »

The new mining system and crafting CDs allow you to craft 30x batches of 10mm JHP per CD.
(30 Metal Parts and 180 Gunpowder - lots of clicking)
Or get 40-60 science and 30 EW and make small e-cells instead. (30 MP. 30 alloy, 60 EP)

2250 rounds plus you get 3000xp. (or 1500 SEC) Hunt rats/mantis in between.

Crafting will get you there as well:

I made this guy in the first few days of this wipe:
BG1/SG2/AR1 base leader/crafter/miner. (125 melee to make Super Sledges)
Patfinder2, Strong Back 2, Lifegiver.
Could have been better, but does the job.
Maybe get 3 more CH points and swap Lifegiver for MagPers.

I didn't craft much with him after hitting 21, so 210-320k xp was mostly from running between mines, tents, bases, and towns.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:09:56 am by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:11:01 am »

OD is fine for leveling to mid levels pretty ez.  First levels 1-3 try to craft, if you have science 40 you can make 10mm.  Dump points from levels into od, get to around 120 to 150 (180 is best imo, if thats your style).  Best places for getting experience from outdoorsman is the desert, just put into realtime.  Travel from up by Redding down past bos area in the desert, watch hulu or kitty kats on youtube.  You'll get about 4k exp an hour, boring but works.  Or fuck all that and just tag small guns you bozo!  Go kill mutated rats :)

J/k?
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 10:42:23 am »

make a high strength mule crafter char.

Mainly to be used as a crafting alt for your leader/pvp chars.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.