"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 18, 2024, 11:57:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New vehicle: Old Truck  (Read 17828 times)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: New vehicle: Old Truck
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 09:48:25 pm »

But this is blurry-pixelated. It looks not fallouty right now.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 10:11:26 am »

I have to agree with Lexx - it's way too pixelated/blurry.

The truck itself looks decent actually, just not with this overly harsh pixelisation (and this coming from someone who likes the aesthetics of such pixelated stuff - ;) - it's really a bit overboard).

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 10:19:35 am »

I think the problem are the plank-"walls" on the rear loading space.
They are blurred but also have those stair formed edges at the spaces between them.
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 04:09:00 pm »

That's because i copypasted a plank out in Photoshop with lasso tool.  I thought it would look somewhat deformed by elements and time.

Here, a new, less pixelated version, Fallout-paletted. Also, shadow, a crate for your belongings and many new pixels.

Can we have this implemented, devs? Please.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:13:01 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34:18 pm »

Super cool ! :o

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 09:35:09 am »

Now we have a hard contrast between smooth and pixelated.
Play around a bit more, the truck form itself looks good but at the moment it looks like pixeldrawing and 3d-modeling fused together.
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:55 pm »

I think the same - the rear part needs to be less smooth and less new (planks, fuel tank). And why not put the original fallout barrels on the loading space instead the new ones? Would be cooler, I think.
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 10:32:07 pm »

I got a permission from Ursa to use his truck.

I'm still undone with mine, and i will post some more versions, but i want to offer you a alternative, if you like the style more.

I just want a truck vehicle implemented, so if the devs like Ursa's version more, they have his permission.

OXXON

• I need some bubble gum, im sick of kicking ass
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2012, 02:24:54 am »

hey hey! that truck would be awesome to be able to craft stuff , just like  i suggested on my previous post about a motorhome!.

nice skin!
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »

Alright, with courtesy of Ursa, i stripped his truck of those nice antique planks and put them on my driveable scrapheap with Photoshop.

What should be done so this truck manages to get implemented in 2238?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:58:28 pm by Lizard »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 10:51:06 am »

We are going to implement Ursa truck, I think, because it's not cut together from existing graphics, but totally new. But it can still take some days till it is in the game. I am not even really sure which vehicle hole such a truck should fill. The only thing that comes to my mind is that it could carry 10 people (like brahmin caravan) and is faster than a brahmin caravan.
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 12:11:34 pm »

I am not even really sure which vehicle hole such a truck should fill. The only thing that comes to my mind is that it could carry 10 people (like brahmin caravan) and is faster than a brahmin caravan.
It's a truck - it can carry a large amount of weight, if it has the most and huge carrying capacity then it's extremely useful.

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 01:50:00 pm »

We are going to implement Ursa truck, I think, because it's not cut together from existing graphics, but totally new. But it can still take some days till it is in the game. I am not even really sure which vehicle hole such a truck should fill. The only thing that comes to my mind is that it could carry 10 people (like brahmin caravan) and is faster than a brahmin caravan.

I'm really excited to hear that, Lexx. I do. Will you mention Ursa in credits?

I also agree with The Phoenix77, it can get a greater trunk (like, contain all the wood or junk for base building) and you are right, it should be a faster version of brahmin caravan and carry more people. But how about more fuel consumnation and intensive maintenance as a malus, countered to more expensive and robust Hummer?
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 11:31:38 pm »

Bump for this old topic.

It would be cool to have this vehicle in-game, for example as faster, but more expensive caravan.
Eventually for repeatable heavy expedition quests. Truckin' the Wasteland, it was even mentioned in VB design docs.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 01:46:06 pm »

Bump for my old topic.

It would be cool to have this vehicle in-game, for example as faster, but more expensive caravan.
Eventually for repeatable heavy expedition quests. Truckin' the Wasteland, it was even mentioned in VB design docs.

Do you mean Lizards or Ursas truck?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.