"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 20, 2024, 12:38:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New vehicle: Old Truck  (Read 17837 times)

Re: New vehicle: Old Truck
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 11:29:53 am »

I would love to see these upgrades for vehicles in FOnline 2238 from Fallout 2

Upgrades
It can be upgraded throughout the game with several items:

Fuel cell regulator from Klamath (Found after going to the end of the Rat Caves in Trapper Town), doubles mileage. Installed by Smitty.
Blower in NCR, improves speed. Installed by Ratch.
Three upgrades in the Chop Shop in New Reno which include speed, trunk space and a final speed enhancement.
T-Ray's grav plates after completion of the game.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 04:06:19 pm »

what about theifs?

iha, i got my new car...where is it?

(theif line:hehehe)

or if someone killed me and took my car

is not something i payed caps for it, is something i built it from scrach, it shoud have some defence sistems(like automaticly go to your tent if you call it by radio)or an eye scaner(so you can show off in NCR with it)
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »

what about theifs?

iha, i got my new car...where is it?

(theif line:hehehe)

or if someone killed me and took my car

is not something i payed caps for it, is something i built it from scrach, it shoud have some defence sistems(like automaticly go to your tent if you call it by radio)or an eye scaner(so you can show off in NCR with it)

Selfdestruction method? Or you could put a wheel in your inventory ;)

But seriously, guys. Do you think this truck is "fallouty" enough? What is, in your opinion, "fallouty"? I heard critics on NMA that neither the style (which is from 1950), the colours (okay, i changed them, but not yet in Fallout Palette) and the lack of painted-over-feeling (yes, i'm working on this) qualifies this truck as "fallouty". But most interesting was the "etc."

I'm still thinking on what it could mean. Could you tell me so i can change this?
Wasteland is a tricky business.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 05:05:16 pm »

I think towing a chassis back to base/tent with a cow isn't needed, and would just encompass more work.  Why not just fix it on site?  You can bring the parts TO it.

Depending on the carry capacity, you could just use it to move lots of items from base to base, etc.

I wouldn't use something like this to make a run to Gun Runners or anything.

;D

I think the wood gasifier is an interesting idea, dunno how it would work in game.  It'd be different, but easy enough to find fuel.  The would already be difficult to get, so I don't see it being a problem that it's easy to gather fuel.

Of course I'd be okay it if was SEC/MFC/Rotgut powered, too.

Really the only thing that isn't "falloutish" is the color, which is easily changed, IMO.  The concept is fine.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:09:03 pm by Wind_Drift »
Iguana Pete's sister

Fizzle

• *Inactive* - Working on a Project.
    • Fizzle's  dreamland of  exploding teddies.
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 05:19:49 pm »

Whats with the frame of the roof cab area? I mean theres no roof on it, Maybe if you could add a "little" metal plate going acrossed with a rusty hole in it rather than leave it open. -- Otherwise i like it, Nice work.
For those about to die I salute you with Honor and Respect.
If your going through Hell keep on going, no shit i dont wanna be luciphers bitch.
*Accused for tent raping when inactive* - Great.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 09:36:41 pm »

Lizard! You kinda read my mind on how to get it back to a safe place. Finding one should certainly light it up on the map, and whatever wheels are on it when you find it should be in only good enough shape to drag it somewhere - then you have to replace the wheels. And using a cow (or a two cows!) to drag it, is what i was thinking. But WD's suggestion that you take parts to it is also interesting. Maybe it's a random possibility that it cannot even be moved until you do get some parts to it. In those cases the stay lit on the map and maybe you can even leave mercs there to protect it. But also in those cases, if it gets found by others, it lights up on their maps too! So if you find one, it might start an immediately urgent process for you (and a few buds) to hurry up and get it going.

But none of that is as important to me on this idea as the challenge of "how do i show it off?" Truly, if some change could be implemented to make it much more difficult for all vehicles to be stolen, any of us could show off our cars more often. Even a hidden kill switch would help. Or a coded keypad ignition thingy.

Fuel? I would think this vehicle would be no exception to the other vehicles - batteries or Rot Gut, but get terrible mileage (boo hoo).
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 09:56:18 pm »

And using a cow (or a two cows!) to drag it, is what i was thinking. But WD's suggestion that you take parts to it is also interesting.

I suggested fixing it in place simply because it would encompass more work for the artwork and scripting (I'm not sure exactly what would be needed).  Cows dragging a truck chassis would essentially be another vehicle all in itself, that needs to be made.

Whereas if you repair it on site, it would be much easier to implement.  I like the idea that the location remains visible on the players map after they discover it, maybe for a period of XX days.  Having to discover it or do a quest to be informed of the location would be neat enough, not to mention gathering the parts and the players needed to repair it.  If it requires say Repair 200, you have to bring a player to that location. 

Being such a large truck, maybe it would add companion slots regardless of CH.  So even if you have 3 CH, you could still move 10 people in it.

And of course, poor gas mileage.

;D

There is a ton of possibilities.  I of course would be happy with anything new.
Iguana Pete's sister

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 11:19:57 pm »

Good point, WD. Also...it's a truck...so...maybe the lower your Charisma, the more passengers you can take. LOL!
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 04:01:48 am »

Good point, WD. Also...it's a truck...so...maybe the lower your Charisma, the more passengers you can take. LOL!

Being from Texas I resemble that remark...

I just think it would make more sense for a truck that size to have the extra capacity somewhere.  Be it carry weight or additional passenger slots.
Iguana Pete's sister

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 04:41:35 am »

Nice but i have one of those parts Marco...

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/images/a/ae/Metalcomponent.png

On FOnline: 2238, it says "Reserved Item" and its description is "This is a reserved item, DO NOT USE."

It is very strange... :/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:43:32 am by Alexandrite »

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 11:44:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure those are just Fallout 2 developer notes when they were creating the game and scraping certain things from the end game.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 02:34:58 am »

I like wind drifts idea of bringing the parts to the site and building it there. It would be a fun way to use a radio
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »

Necrobumping thread with new content.

So, since one should scavenge parts to rebild the truck, why don't use that "junkyard wannabe which will probably never rolling again"?

Also, thanks for the devs for implementing building sites, this is really fun to build a base.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 06:30:26 pm »

It looks very blurry and pixelated. When it was posted on NMA, I thought it was just zoomed in.
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »

jpeg compression at screenshot.
The original graphic was left as it is and the render was pixelated, apllied Fallout palette and colour-corrected with a eyedropper and pixel brush.

And this is the maximal magnification. It is, indeed, pixelated. Otherwise it would look too render-clean and un-fallouty.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries.