"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 21, 2024, 10:34:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any role players left here?  (Read 1575 times)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Any role players left here?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 09:49:37 pm »

Sadly true.

It's sad only for the true, hardcore roleplayers. But we must remember that

1) 2238 is not officially a roleplay server (unlike, for example, Wasteland 2155), and

2) our players come from different "backgrounds" and we can't expect everyone to understand RP the same way

Hardcore roleplayers have no real reason to expect everyone to do any true roleplay and in all this context we should be glad there are some people who prefer talking nicely instead of shooting you for the lolness. When I find somebody playing that way I try to enjoy it as much as I can. If there is actually someone truly roleplaying in the "group", things can get more interesting, but an legion of hardcore roleplayers is not needed: I think that only a few of them in a group can encourage others to make a better effort. Except this time when I was in a randomly formed group in which I was roleplaying a dedicated scavenger, another dude was roleplaying a mercenary, and the third guy was a quite clueless guy who kept asking why we were talking "that way", what we were talking about, etc.

But the worst case is imho when it's a group of fighters who roleplay by shouting some slogan on their enemy's corpse, because this group are looking for PvP (and in the ideal case, TC) which pretty much makes it impossible to carry out a different activity.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
Re: Any role players left here?
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:29 am »

Yeah there are barely any RPing players, but they are out there.... somewhere....

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.