"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:27:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weapon and Armor rusting and Highest Tier stuff.  (Read 2141 times)

Weapon and Armor rusting and Highest Tier stuff.
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:17:36 am »

I suggest to make alll metalcontayning things to rust with time if not treated well.
The list of rusting items:
-Metal Armors(+mk2 and Tesla)
-Combat Armors
-Power armors of all types (PA, HPA, APA, APA2)
-All Energy Weapons
-All big guns
-All small guns
-Super Sledge
-Power Fist (and Mega one)
-CP/SCP
-Ripper

What does rusting causes?
For Weapons
-It increaces detoration by the first use of rusted weapon
-It increaces cances of critical failure
-It addes a special chance to weapon to be broken.

For Armors
-It increasing detoration rate

Rusting rules
-Everything becoming rust every 5 ingame days by 1%
-If anything used (Armor weared, Weapon taken in arms) the rusting timecount returns to 0 but rust percent remains.
-With good repair skill and special oil you can reduce some rust% (It increaces Repair Count anyway)
-If Rust% becomes 100%, the item will be lost whe you`ll try to touch it.
-When you use weapon it`s rust reduces by 30%
-If something is in special locker, it`s rust rate reduced to 1% in 1 ingame month.

What a point of this suffering suggestion?
To make everyone use everything, no more hoarding and tents full of someshit like apa or gauss pistols.
We can implement any weapon in game without huge risk to make it burrowed in some tent until someone`s going to exclude item from game.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:44:34 pm by snailbeast »
Re: Weapon and Armor rusting and Highest Tier stuff.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 12:35:09 pm »

5 days?? what if I need to go on buissnes trip real life... all my things would rust?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 02:13:49 pm »

Without working market where you could buy new things instantly this would be just super pain in the ass. It would not make anyone use everything. Just everyone would only buy base with that super locker. Current setting where everyone have tu build his own complete economy such ideas would only bring more mindles grind, fastrelog mining, etc..... just to make my BA+avanger fast and go to fight. And for rare uncraftable stff: less people would only bother with trying to find it => less fun in dungeons, less fun in pvp.

Adding more pain in the game will as well decrease already dwindling population. Definitely not good suggestion.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:57:29 pm »

No more deterioration mechanics please. Is a pain in the ass already and a overuse of alts for repairing stuff.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 04:15:43 pm »

5 days?? what if I need to go on buissnes trip real life... all my things would rust?
5 ingame days for 1% is 500 ingame days for 100%
500/20=25 RL days. It`s not that small time...

No more deterioration mechanics please. Is a pain in the ass already and a overuse of alts for repairing stuff.
for me it is not.
Without working market where you could buy new things instantly this would be just super pain in the ass. It would not make anyone use everything. Just everyone would only buy base with that super locker.
pay 500k caps for one? Good Luck

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 07:00:38 pm »

Sounds pretty neat to me...  I mean, seriously, leaving piles of guns outside in the sand is pretty stupid, and would destroy the guns.  Having it just rust at this rate like is is pretty fair to that concept.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

avv

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »

This suggestion would be good if our bases looked like this:

But since they don't it's best for the sake of enjoyable gameplay to be able to drop our stuff where ever we please without penalty.

Sounds pretty neat to me...  I mean, seriously, leaving piles of guns outside in the sand is pretty stupid, and would destroy the guns.  Having it just rust at this rate like is is pretty fair to that concept.

We leave them there in the sand because they are closer that way. I personally do not like to run long distances to haul equipment and materials. 
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 06:06:00 am »

We leave them there in the sand because they are closer that way. I personally do not like to run long distances to haul equipment and materials.
but when I left pliers last autamn in the open air and camed back after winter passed they rusted and we barely made them barely work... It was a luck we made it...

Isn`t it fear?
Wanna make safe thing - do one way
Wanna quick access - do another
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 01:46:47 am »

and camed back after winter

Stuff here rusts prety decently. Cause wipe comes every winter. xD
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 09:31:43 am »

Use search, this or similar suggestion(s) have been already suggested. Avv pretty much explained it, as long there are not hundreds of containers in each base(tent), putting itanz on ground is the only viable option how to store them.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 07:20:46 pm »

no more hoarding and tents full of some shit

The general idea is good , but this will only achieve that extra gained equipment will become useless , annoying to have more but not always that's a choice. Not all the server players are mad crafters , that hoards ridiculous amounts of gear just to make some carpet because they have nothing else to do. The problem is that for some people the carpets take form not by crafting but looting :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:24:12 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 08:06:57 pm »

You will really feel small effect if you`ll make things to remain in sand for month or more... if you aren`t using it it`s useless for you anyway, isn`t it?
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 09:57:49 pm »

You will really feel small effect if you`ll make things to remain in sand for month or more... if you aren`t using it it`s useless for you anyway, isn`t it?

Ehh .... yes at some amount most of it gets unused , but certainly not useless. At this time most of the equipment is left unused , rotting in some bases and tents because certain players who owns the gear in specific places , in questionable amounts are just not playing as previously pointed out , waiting for wipe.

I get your idea , but it would really not be enjoyable. As far as i know developers are already doing something in this direction but with a different approach witch is questionable but could prove efficient.

Getting rid of cooldowns , so players who dual , multi log up to 8 or use just ridiculous amounts of proxies can't bypass this crafting system and get enormous amounts of resources in a very short period of time that way crafting , hoarding stuff like there is no tomorrow. Cooldowns won't be removed without any other restrictions , to be precise limitations as one developer said in this forum , this is no rumor.

As i understand it it will have something to do with the speed how fast you can acquire each sub-sequent resource of the same type, with no other limitations. It means devs will have to implement some short cooldown that increases each time you mine , pick a resource. Mine HQ , 5 sec cooldown , mine HQ , 10 sec cooldown , maybe up to some half minute or a little bit less. It would eradicate the use of multi logs for resource gain 100% , dual log would still be usable , but only with appropriate multi tasking witch isn't very easy especially if some stupid fuck runs by to shoot your both characters in the head.

Anyway i am just speculating about the specifics , it's how i imagine so very questionable opinion :)

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:20 pm »

I completely agree with crafting cool-downs, I just find gathering cool-downs a pain.

avv

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »

Our stuff can start rusting on the ground right at the moment we can place containers next to the exit grids of our bases.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 27 queries.