• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you want it in?

Yay!
Nay!
Okay but... (write down your idea please)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Afterburner drug  (Read 2949 times)

avv

Re: Afterburner drug
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:43 am »

Make some multiple drugs like these , make it not possible to take 2 or multiple at the same time(some overdose mechanism) and voila you get new drug system that makes sense and ugly powerbuilds don't have to chew multiple drugs like candy to get something out of it.

Yes there could be three hard drugs that you can't take more than 1. Hard drugs could be psycho, jet and buffout. Nuka, cigs, beer and mentats could be soft drugs which one could take as much as he wants.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »

Yes there could be three hard drugs that you can't take more than 1. Hard drugs could be psycho, jet and buffout. Nuka, cigs, beer and mentats could be soft drugs which one could take as much as he wants.

Yes , this kinda system would be very good.

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 02:15:42 pm »

Unfortunately "overdose" system has been rejected by the devs... i cannot fathom why

Right now a character can take everything and be even more chem soaked than a sponge in toxic waste dump

Hard and soft drug could be a good idea... if the current drugs were balanced towards it (so you'd have a real hard time deciding whether to take Psycho, Jet or Voodoo [i hope it would get implemented too =P ])

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 03:23:29 pm »

This.
Always wanted to say it.
There could be some rules for taking "hard drugs" such like: jet, buffout, mentats, psycho could be taken only with good Endurance formula example 1 drug per 3 points into endurance, so tanks could take whole set and snipers only some - this could balance whole thing a bit(or unbalance).
h
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 04:05:45 pm »

Unfortunately "overdose" system has been rejected by the devs... i cannot fathom why

Right now a character can take everything and be even more chem soaked than a sponge in toxic waste dump

Hard and soft drug could be a good idea... if the current drugs were balanced towards it (so you'd have a real hard time deciding whether to take Psycho, Jet or Voodoo [i hope it would get implemented too =P ])

Well without any doubt we agree on hard and soft drugs with an overdose system.

I suppose we will have to break solars nec... i mean motivate him for this to be implemented. :)\

btw your after burner gum could fit nicely in soft drugs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 04:15:14 pm by T-888 »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 06:11:55 pm »

Soft and Hard drug division would be an option if we got more drugs to use.
I dont agree with you Crazy, there are multiple "drug sets" that are being taken nowadays, not just all or nothing. Moreover, if you take all drugs, sure, you get some benefits, but they have not that big impact on character´s performance like they had some seasons ago. And dont forget, it comes with a price. If we get stable economy, one might consider what to take in order to save some caps.
Overdose is just a bad mechanism that would bring frustration into gameplay. ("gonna take drugs.. arggghh ! overdosed ! cant play with this char anymore")
Negative withdrawal effect was utterly bad back then, when it was like Solar said, 10 minutes of fighting, 30 minutes of watching time / relogging another char.

On topic: Change the effect and it can be useful
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Wallace

• "Not a bug. It's a feature"
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2011, 03:08:53 am »

Well without any doubt we agree on hard and soft drugs with an overdose system.

I suppose we will have to break solars nec... i mean motivate him for this to be implemented. :)\

btw your after burner gum could fit nicely in soft drugs.

Gimme a moment for i'm still shocked we actually agree on something...

Well in an overdose system every drud would have it's points (the harder the more points)
Points are added up and when they surpass Endurance you pass out (so there wouldn't be a need for drugs being limitet to single use only as they are now)

and btw... afterburner could work slightly different than Jet i just pointed my suggestion

craft, Craft, CRAFT! (armors)
sometimes repair dismantle stuff
Roleplay!
...and most of all; DEATH TO NERFING!!!

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 01:58:16 pm »

Pass out? I thought overdose actually could kill you.
Ok, one step at a time...
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 02:53:15 pm »

Overdose is just a bad mechanism that would bring frustration into gameplay. ("gonna take drugs.. arggghh ! overdosed ! cant play with this char anymore")

What ? Frustration into gameplay ? Oh well i'm sorry , but there has to be some way to limit the amount of drugs a player can take otherwise we will see builds like this " 10 10 10 5 10 10 6 "

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »

What ? Frustration into gameplay ? Oh well i'm sorry , but there has to be some way to limit the amount of drugs a player can take otherwise we will see builds like this " 10 10 10 5 10 10 6 "

There is a difference between "that does nothing" and "you overdosed and died."
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 12:51:16 pm »

Founder of Fallout Online Australia
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.