"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 02:03:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moonwalk bug is solved?  (Read 19687 times)

Moonwalk bug is solved?
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:59:32 pm »

I want to know if the "Moonwalk" bug is solved after wipe. I play the other day in the pvp battleground of 2155 and there is no moonwalk issues when u got shot (only whit rockets, but is minimal). So that bug can be fixed. Will be fixed here too?

avv

Re: Moonwalk bug is solved?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:20 pm »

Moonwalk is caused by lag and it's individualized, am I right?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:23:51 pm »

Moonwalk is caused by lag and it's individualized, am I right?
Yup, i have it sometimes on 2155, and you don't have because your ping better.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:00:43 pm »

I have the same ping in both server, im from south america, so both servers are far away. 350 ping in the two servers.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 04:27:58 pm »

Yup, i have it sometimes on 2155, and you don't have because your ping better.
you mean Battleground?
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:46 pm »

For me and like 20/25 more south american players, and some others +20/30 non-european players from USA/canada this bug is the most annoying ever to exist. I whould prefer not having any additional content and just the solve of the moonwalk bug. If i see in the next wipe a lot of new and shining things, and new battle mechanics bla bla bla, and the moonwalk bug still existing i/we probably change to play something else. Is very unfair cannot run from npc or approach to others players in pvp because the pull-to-the-back/moonwalk problem. I never can do any decent 1 hex burst or aproach to any good player whit hth or run when trapped from npcs because this bug.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »

I've accepted the moonwalk bug as part of the engine and have learned to play around it. Now you try :)
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 02:51:52 am »

Its not. All the players close to the server dont have it. Its not fair, is a huge advantage.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 05:25:54 am »

If they had more money.  erm...  alot more money.  They could put servers in different locations.  But this is free project so not gonna be solved, just learn to deal with it.

At least, this is the case afaik.  Don't take my word for it.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »

For me and like 20/25 more south american players, and some others +20/30 non-european players from USA/canada this bug is the most annoying ever to exist. I whould prefer not having any additional content and just the solve of the moonwalk bug. If i see in the next wipe a lot of new and shining things, and new battle mechanics bla bla bla, and the moonwalk bug still existing i/we probably change to play something else. Is very unfair cannot run from npc or approach to others players in pvp because the pull-to-the-back/moonwalk problem. I never can do any decent 1 hex burst or aproach to any good player whit hth or run when trapped from npcs because this bug.

Every non-european player are fated to FAIL as BigGunner, SG Burster and Unarmed.

They'll (europeans) sure see you first behind the door.
They'll sure be able to make you waste Actions Points without take shot.
And
Yes, they'll sure able to decide if you can go to exit grid or not.

Do like me: play as Sniper and only as Sniper.   :-*

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 10:18:32 pm »

Every non-european player are fated to FAIL as BigGunner, SG Burster and Unarmed.

They'll (europeans) sure see you first behind the door.
They'll sure be able to make you waste Actions Points without take shot.
And
Yes, they'll sure able to decide if you can go to exit grid or not.

Do like me: play as Sniper and only as Sniper.   :-*
Or play as merc leader and put everything on auto KEEL.   ;)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:54:24 pm »

I check every day this post to see if theres some answer from the devs but nothing yet :(. At least if they say "there is no solution" that will be better to me for not having false hope.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 05:16:26 pm »

I think the only solution is a very good dedicated internet link = much $$$

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 06:43:18 pm »

I check every day this post to see if theres some answer from the devs but nothing yet :(. At least if they say "there is no solution" that will be better to me for not having false hope.
It has to do with latency (lag), if you're too far away from the server, which means that there's too many (and/or too slow) routers between you and our server located in France, you'll get "moonwalking".

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 10:31:42 pm »

Just for the record, it doesn't seem to really be a matter of distance; as all the french players, I unfortunately sometimes do moonwalk too :(
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.