"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 30, 2024, 11:05:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Tips and tricks for newbies. Fastest ways to find your fortune.  (Read 20992 times)

Re: Tips and tricks for newbies. Fastest ways to find your fortune.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 11:47:25 am »

But whoever you are stealing from should become hostile against you. So, what is really to blame is "Busy NPC" bugs.  ;)

Even my thief alt agrees to this.

5 xp per steal attempt is fine.
If your none combat alts have to depend on one skill only to level it's a flawed build IMO.
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 03:24:42 pm »

I'm sorry, but if my character is going to specialize in thieving and he wants to be a proffesional thief, he should gain enough experience by doing his work to master this "art". So he should be able to level up at the same rate as other specializations do. A character which specializes in sniping with small guns levels up by doing this, so why do you take the possibility off from other types of characters... You want to leave this game with combat-capable characters ONLY?

TheGreenHand

• TGHGWC
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 04:27:47 pm »

I'm sorry, but if my character is going to specialize in thieving and he wants to be a proffesional thief, he should gain enough experience by doing his work to master this "art". So he should be able to level up at the same rate as other specializations do. A character which specializes in sniping with small guns levels up by doing this, so why do you take the possibility off from other types of characters... You want to leave this game with combat-capable characters ONLY?

I'm with Floodnik on this one. As frustrating as thieves can be at times, they're a huge part of what makes Fallout unique from other RPGs. And if thieving is to be a viable profession, your skills need to be practiced and rewarded as such. Crafters get good XP from crafting, Fighters from battles, doctors from healing... Why would you make it any different for being a thief? From what I understand, a decent thief needs very high skill (200+ %) to have much success at all. Why should they be relying on a secondary skill just to level up?

To say it's a result of 'bot users' doesn't seem to be a valid excuse for nixing a whole profession for everyone. Crit shot chances didn't get nerfed because of the users out there who use aim bots.
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 04:29:22 pm »

lol at Botting excuse, im sorry but the current XP gain makes me want to bot when stealing, never wanted too when i did it before it was changed.
<[DoW]Dragon> TTTLA -> Fags that just shoot everyone and say 'SOZ THOUGHT U WAS PK' and keep your loot.
<Tissi> i was walking around with a fucking sledge and bluesuit and they shout " u a pk" and shoot

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 04:34:09 pm »

yeah whats the point in botting preventure ? that even encourages botting more because you need more stealing to lvl...
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »

From what I understand, a decent thief needs very high skill (200+ %) to have much success at all. Why should they be relying on a secondary skill just to level up?

Most if not all other types of characters either rely on a secondary skill or don't level till level 21.
I can't speak of others, but I level my crafter alts till they have the 3rd level of the desired profession.
With IN 10, that's around level 7 which is easy to get to doing mostly quests.
No need to level them further.
My doc alt is more of a crafter build than a fighter, so the same applies for it.
Although out of personal preference I do level my doc to level 21 by using it's SG skill.

By taking perks you can add 70% to your steal skill.
Also the time out for stealing is 30 seconds when you fail or when going to another target.
Other time-outs are longer.
It would be interesting to see the xp per minute for things like crafting ammo, armor, doc, FA, steal, lockpick compared.
Assuming stealing from npc with an average of 3-4 items (including stacked items) it would be 30-40 per minute. That's assuming you're only stealing, not placing items on npc and taking stacked items as 1.
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

this is the best newbie guide, pleas pin it up!
it helped me VERY much

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 07:36:46 pm »

i found too many things wrong in this guide to list them all out, ill make a guide within a couple days that fixes these wrongs.

Rittz

• Troll's need to get a job.
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 07:53:21 am »

Probably  The best noobie guide on the forums. Insanely helpful dude. The only think i think you could add is a few more possible areas for training by lvl . you mentioned a few but its a little vague. Oh and you mentioned doing a slave run but what exactly is that all i get teh option to do is become a slaver....other than that FAN FREAKING TASTIC. thumbs up :]
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.