"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 18, 2024, 03:20:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Caravans could have rare items  (Read 544 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Caravans could have rare items
« on: November 12, 2011, 02:11:39 am »

Caravan traders could have rare items (unlootable). Not every one, but i.e. every 50th,.. .  So instead of boring traveling on worldmap to locate bunker with gauss, you will be able to locate caravan trader and buy it. Or exchange it for another rare stuff with another player.

Rare items: gauss pistol, turboplasma rifle, bozar, mine, ... .

Because of new repair system and need of payment for that rare items, good karma with that trader, i think that it will not affect game balance.

The need to have enough money or stuff to trade with trade char will add risk. (current gauss pistol hunt is not risky). It will also eliminate creating of new alts only for gauss pistol hunting. Also players could group to protect rare item hunter, because wasteland is hard and you can find raiders etc..

Because of current gauss pistol map is nice, instead of gauss pistol, caravan traders could sell you map with location of that gauss  pistol. Doors could be locked (or traped) and you would need another chars to break in  => MMORPG?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:18:02 am by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
Re: Caravans could have rare items
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:03:46 pm »

Technically Gauss weaponry was only avaiable to the Enclave, and still only officers had them (if we exclude the guards on the oil rig). It cant be, that at a certain point, 3 years before that (navarro shouldnt even be there, since it was built in 2241, as stated in dialog, "It appeared one night out of nowhere")
So having traders with them is even more nonsense that finding them in the middle of nowhere.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:09:05 pm »

So having traders with them is even more nonsense that finding them in the middle of nowhere.
10lk npcs found gauss in bomb shelter and now sells it, duh.

seriously though, I agree with lordus, the bomb shelter thing of course does work, but it's nothing special either.

Wasnt there even a trader in f2 restoration project that would sell items for a lot of caps via dialogue without any information on the actual item?

Anyway, I thinkwe  can all agree that the bomb shelter is not the best solution, cant hurt to discuss some ideas.

Grommok

• Desert Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:23:59 pm »

Wasnt there even a trader in f2 restoration project that would sell items for a lot of caps via dialogue without any information on the actual item?
Do you mean Willy? He's not in the RP, and he doesnt sell Gauss, but alien blaster (because Black Isle didnt want to make another Crashed Ship encounter). However he was a "special" encounter, and he doesnt even have the blaster every time you meet him (however, since it can be done endlessy, you can actually "farm" blasters from him).
And BTW, he was in the standard F2, not RP :P
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 20 queries.