Author Topic: FOnline: Battleground - new pure PvP server  (Read 29046 times)

Offline Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Re: FOnline: Battleground - new pure PvP server
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »
Ambushes are still very much possible, you just have to use "unrealistic" tools to achieve the element of surprise. On 2238 it's "OH SHIT, we've just turned this corner and there's, like, 30 guys waiting there!", on FOB it's "OH SHIT, we just ran after this guy and now there's, like, 30 guys rushing us from the worst possible directions". It's just more arcade-like, nothing to feel offended about. Also, sneak ^_^ The only bad thing about FOB fov is the fact that you can't check your line of fire, hope there's some tool in FOnline that says "you can fire on this hex" or "you can't fire on this hex" when you click it, but it's no really the fault of the devs.

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 08:32:58 pm »
This FOV system is great for such server. Just imagine how the fight ON THIS MAP would look with 2238fov style.
Whole gampelay would be a lot more about camping/keeping fov positioned, more chaotic also (accident runs into each other in those short spaces). With so much envoirment hideouts from enemies fov it would by a mess. Now its veeery DYNAMIC, u need to cooperate with ur teammates and stick together in order to kill and not get killed. Action is fast and brutal. Its not town control simulator (where scouting, keeping fov etc is important) its instant action PvP game.

Ur just very used to 2238 solution.

Well in the case when people play without a team and team speak or any other communicator , i suppose full fov has it's advantages , but definitely not better than " realistic " fov , so many aspects of combat just disappears. It is not my problem you made such a big map , what amount of people did you expect i find that interesting to know ?

Dynamic ? Right , countless times when players freeze and thinks what to do but anything that pops into mind doesn't feel right because the whole enemy team will know where are you running , when are you gonna change position and when you reload your weapon , eat a rocket or SS. Camping and keeping position is actually more rewarding , since those that make a move are usually punished unless it's some rush tactic or you get a surround on opponents because they made the first move(i've seen this some times now).

Well i am sorry that it should take some effort to locate opponents , it just makes sense , there is no excuse for that.

but for lulz it's okay.

btw i am used to good gameplay.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:38:48 pm by T-888 »

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 09:39:43 pm »
It is not my problem you made such a big map , what amount of people did you expect i find that interesting to know ?

It's not that FOV was switched off because of a large map, it's that large map was made because no FOV was planned from the beginning. It's just a matter of getting used to it. Both modes have their advantages and disadvantages, as was written above, no FOV is more arcade-style and brings more dynamic gameplay. From my observations, most matches aren't longer than 2-4 minutes, and the majority is about 2 minutes long.

The server wasn't designed for 100 or 200 players, as I doubt that it can handle more than 40-50 players without causing some serious lags (not FPS drop, though, as it's caused by some bugs in client's scripts - not related to full FOV either).

Below:
Yup, small guns and energy weapons will get a boost (mostly damage boost). Sneak is just being balanced, so changes will be applied until it's ok. New maps won't be placed soon unless someone else makes them. This is mostly one-man-project and I'm too busy with bugfixing and balancing stuff atm.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:17:48 pm by Kilgore »

gr1m099

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 10:34:59 pm »
This is really fun game I like it, but I think you need to balance energy weapons and small guns. Everybody just plays full health big gunners and the small guns just don't do enough damage. Also the motion detector needs to be slower at detecting really annoying to a sneaker, I mainly play sneaker.

Also maybe another map would nice, like have it switch between 3-4 different maps per battle.

That is my suggestions for this game, really awesome I like it, its just unbalanced between the weapon classes, it seems big gunner wins all.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:37:42 pm by gr1m099 »

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 12:41:33 am »
On 2238 it's "OH SHIT, we've just turned this corner and there's, like, 30 guys waiting there!", on FOB it's "OH SHIT, we just ran after this guy and now there's, like, 30 guys rushing us from the worst possible directions"

I was thinking , some things don't make sense in both fov modes. I remember such scenario happening.

This led me to an idea. Thanks.

gr1m099

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 08:26:20 am »
Just wanted to post a funny fight I had, I swear this went on for 20 minutes going around in circles I eventually had the bright idea to record it and share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf_e8kUY3CA&feature=youtu.be

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 12:15:29 pm »
I see uve got old (too loud) version of unreal tournament notification sounds

check changelog everdyday :F

here is new well balanced sound pack (from changelog http://www.newfmc.pl/wasteland2155/board/index.php?topic=46.0 )

If you find announcement sounds too loud, try this package:
http://www.newfmc.pl/fonline2077/sfx_modified.zip
Unpack it into the client so the sound files are in data/sound/sfx directory. Restart the client.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 06:13:42 pm »
buff the pistols and shotguns please

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 06:48:13 am »
Usefulness of charm?Band of mercenaries?

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 07:54:46 am »
yeah this server is overrun by Big gunners and its piss me off >:c

here is my list what you guys should do

- Nerf bg.
- Remove motion sensor or make it less effective.
- add stealth boy.
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:41 am »
What about my list:

- Balance all things instead of nerfing bg
- Balancing motion sensor's range/refresh time
- Not add stealth boy as it would make MS totally useless and sneak overpowered

?

Btw, I bet that most people shouting "nerf x" don't even read changelog :P

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 12:18:58 pm »
BG is not overpowered.

Flamer has very short range.
Minigun has hits only like 60s except of course 1 hexes and is dependant on the armor you choose.
rocketlauncher is annoying yeah but still it's not that big a deal, just be a good fighter use brains.

in fact, small guns is very good as it is.  using molotov cocktails and/o Combat shot guns you can easily kick a BGers ass with alot of APs.

However SG snipers are a bit underpowered.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:23:19 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 12:21:13 pm »
Looks very interesting.. i need to test this one right now :)

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 10:24:34 am »
Nice gameplay server. Are you going to realase mod? Checkout this.

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2011, 11:00:52 am »
Yes, this server is based on the mod you posted the link to. It was written early in this year by John (fonline.ru: Miki) but the development was stopped probably because lack of time and maps.

I took his scripts (several thousands lines of code) and rewritten them to a fully-automatic tournament script, which can be attached to a map that has a given structure. The code is in a crude form and could be improved a lot but simply I don't have time for this. Some parts of UT mod were cut;  originally it allowed for a lot of customization (deathmatch/domination modes, respawns during the battle, changing respawn places, fraglimits, timelimits and so on), but it had few flaws - all was to be set up manually by an admin and various bugs existed. As I wanted to make an automated team deathmatch tournament out of it, I cut some parts to make the code easier and debugging much faster, so the customization is next to none right now. Of course, all can be done, but only if you have a large ammount of time and people willing to test it. I have no time, so you know the rest of the story :P

Source would be released if the original author agreed to release it. For me, it would have to be improved first.