"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 01:17:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A good outdoorsman skill value for a Leader build  (Read 1288 times)

A good outdoorsman skill value for a Leader build
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:24:01 pm »

I'm trying to create EW leader build and have a delema:

~200% outdoorsman, 41% FA, 59% DOC, 91% eye shoot at 20 hexes
      vs 
150% outdoorsman, 92% FA, 95%  DOC, 91% eye shoot at 24 hexes

So the question is: What is a an optimal outdoorsman value for a leader build?

I read that 200% allows you to avoid almost everything (so your merc will be safe most of the time).

On other hand if you have 5 mercs and you know where you travel (avoiding zones where you can bump into BoS or Enclave patrols, gangs in SF ruins etc.) 150% can be enough i guess.
Re: A good outdoorsman skill value for a Leader build
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 09:29:49 pm »

buy a hummer and forget outdoorsman skill

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 09:33:08 pm »

It depends on the zone. There are "easy" tiles like places around Hub or NCR that make it so you can have 95% at 100 Outdoorsman (to  choose to avoid the encounter). Hardest tiles require, according to what Solar said, about 180 Outdoorsman to get max chance to avoid an encounter. 150 is enough for most areas. But unless you have supplies to many Super Stims, First Aid is usually a needed skill to quickly be able to FA your mercs. So, your second build, judging by only what you gave, looks better.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:09:01 pm »

Thanks for the info.

I guess i can make FA 101%, 33% DOC, 176% OUD and have 91% eye shoot on 24 hex (also looking through various posts plenty of combat leaders had high FA instead of DOC).

Can NPC doctors heal my mercs if they get crippled??? I guess no.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »

Correct, only way to heal a merc from crippling injury is yourself or another player using Doctor.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »

Thanks for help.

If some one is interested http://www.nitue.net/fcp/index.php?v=2238&build=969 is a spin-off of my build (more powerful than mine, it can craft. has  higher DOC and FA skills, but lives on buffout, leveling is a pain).
:D
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:54:04 pm »

I like the 1 shot laser rifle with 2-3 mercs but you should tag doctor instead. Stim packs are a plenty, able doctors are not. Get your doc to at least 150 with 150 outdoors. If your mercs are on auto move you can leave the map at anytime and they will teleport. They can be on the other side of map and you'll get them :D. So, the way I see it, you could make a slaver and use them to cover your retreat if you get stuck in an encounter. any critters they kill while you run can give them exp to level up :D

you may also want to consider doing a 1 st build that uses laser pistol and crits. You can up your CH to 7, put pe to 6 and en to 8. You won't have any more shots really than your other build but you'll have penetrate perk on laser pistol (range 35) and more mercs to back yo ass up! :D

feel free to criticize the flump outta dis
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 12:39:25 am »

CH6 + Beer + Mentats = 9 CH to go and buy some mercs. With magnetic personality and drugs you can have 5 mercs this way.
For slaver 9 CH and 6 LK can be better (to capture slaves more quickly, slave's HP has no dependency on your LK, so LK is not that important), but I'm going with mercs.

I have considered 1ST EW pistol crippler build, stumbled into similar delema:150% OUD + High range vs 150% OUD + Good doctor vs 200% OUD. :D

If you wanna cripple at max range you need 240% EW + cigs to get 95% hit chance to the arm (requires 9 INT).
Penetrate perk on magneto-laser pistol is practically useless vs decent armors (as it adds +3 dmg).  You will be a weaker fighter than my current build.
I'm still considering what to tag, agree on doctor availability. I guess if I have enough money to buy mercs I should get enough money to buy stimpaks (so DOC should be tagged). :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:53:33 am by Desert Mutt »
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 09:12:42 pm »

CH6 + Beer + Mentats = 9 CH to go and buy some mercs. With magnetic personality and drugs you can have 5 mercs this way.
For slaver 9 CH and 6 LK can be better (to capture slaves more quickly, slave's HP has no dependency on your LK, so LK is not that important), but I'm going with mercs.

I have considered 1ST EW pistol crippler build, stumbled into similar delema:150% OUD + High range vs 150% OUD + Good doctor vs 200% OUD. :D

If you wanna cripple at max range you need 240% EW + cigs to get 95% hit chance to the arm (requires 9 INT).
Penetrate perk on magneto-laser pistol is practically useless vs decent armors (as it adds +3 dmg).  You will be a weaker fighter than my current build.
I'm still considering what to tag, agree on doctor availability. I guess if I have enough money to buy mercs I should get enough money to buy stimpaks (so DOC should be tagged). :D

forget outdoors entirely and buy a car
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 22 queries.