"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:45:42 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: gatling lazer build (need help)  (Read 1528 times)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
gatling lazer build (need help)
« on: November 06, 2011, 04:29:40 am »

i have no idea on how to make one so any help will be awesome.
i want it to be a tank.(toughness,brd,2 shots if possable)
i never made ew builds or any kind of special builds so please help. ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:38:07 am by falloutdude »
Roaming the waste again.
Re: gatling lazer build (need help)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42:04 am »

From what I've read you will be wasting your time.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=10572.msg89761#msg89761
Also try searching the forums.

And from the Wiki;

This is an uncraftable weapon found in Enclave encounters. Larger factions may also have some available for purchase. It is most efficient against Robes, Leather Jacket, Combat Leather Jacket, Leather Armor and Leather Armor Mark II.
Because it is a special weapon (the energy version of the Minigun), a special build (big gun build with EW tagged instead of BG) is likely needed to get the most of this gun, but even with a build designed for the gun, it simply can't hold up against its normal-damage counterpart. Like other miniguns, this weapon eats through ammo. The inability to craft this weapon combined with its ammo requirements, lack of efficiency against metal,combat and brotherhood armors, and current imbalance with similar weapons have made the Gatling Laser a rare sight in major battles.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:51:24 am by ThePhoenix77 »

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:41:43 pm »

Gatling lazer totaly sicks unless you are super rich extra bored player. UI would make the build like standard avanger burster but with EW skill instead of BG skill. Gatling does pyny dmage against metal or combat armour but slices bluesuits awesomely. xD
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 04:30:20 pm »

Gatling lazer totaly sicks unless you are super rich extra bored player.
hello thats me. ;D
i wish to bring it to tc just to bring some spice to tc also for lolz,
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 05:24:54 pm »

i have no idea on how to make one so any help will be awesome.
i want it to be a tank.(toughness,brd,2 shots if possable)
i never made ew builds or any kind of special builds so please help. ;D

There is no such way to make a proper tank that can shoot 2 times , but it is possible to make something versatile.

Hmm EW gatling for TC , since it doesn't use equipment that requires much carry weight it can be done without the usual str count what proper bg builds require , max endurance , no stonewall and with weapon handling compared to normal bg builds. Huh ? Wiki says gatling laser has 40 max range so extra 1 PE is needed.

Uses 5 drugs: psycho , buffout , jet , nuka , cigs.

Good balance between offensive and defensive - versatile , balanced , universal , all around good , call it how you wish.

I thought for a moment , there are no other efficient ways to build this , everything else is obsolete.

btw you can't replace ew to bg for this build , 38 carry weight is too low to carry avenger and RL with sufficient amount of ammunition , SS. It wouldn't be good for TC , wouldn't be efficient enough.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:39:04 pm by T-888 »

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »

The weapon require high critical chance, with 25% it's quite decent weapon, but still overpriced. Not talking about how is such high critical chance expensive.
Even with 2x BRD you will not do more than like 80 damage to BA from 1 hex, and less to metal, so probably the best thing to do is to grab some laser rifle build and take psycho.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 06:52:37 pm »

triple i like it. ;D
johhhny am not looking for some pwnage crit build am looking for a fun build. i like triples i fire once then 1 second later again.
yes it wont be the best at damage output because damn lazer resitence is crazy high but it will do enough and will be cool to use pvp/tc for fun.

am a bored and rich player. ;D now i wait for someone to come on so i can make build and add it to my base.

thanks triple and thanks everyone for input.
if anyone else has a diffrent build i would still like to see others.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 07:31:23 pm »

The weapon require high critical chance, with 25% it's quite decent weapon, but still overpriced. Not talking about how is such high critical chance expensive.
Even with 2x BRD you will not do more than like 80 damage to BA from 1 hex, and less to metal, so probably the best thing to do is to grab some laser rifle build and take psycho.

It is possible to make it a critical build , but then it will lack a lot of things this build has , see below.

triple i like it. ;D

np

If you want lulz you can try this.

Same build , drugs but different perks.

25% crit is bullshit if you want to use gatling only , it means you must dig out somewhere 4 luck points that gives you only 4% critical , since you can't aim in eyes or anywhere else just torso 1xmore critical equals to 5 luck points , not worth it. btw the critical chance shown in the character screen is the critical chance to hit in torso , i read a topic about some critical build and i think some people don't understand this.

btw if you add finesse then it will be the ultimate bluesuit pwning tool but useless against everything else above LAmk2 , even criticals under finesse will do worthless damage on everything above LAmk2  ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:48:40 pm by T-888 »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »

i really like the first one. the crit build is really not my style too much things i like gone. so i will make the first one and see what happens. ;D
i will make it and lolz at dead bluesuits and guys in leather armor.(i pwn)  ;)
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 07:54:22 pm »

i really like the first one. the crit build is really not my style too much things i like gone. so i will make the first one and see what happens. ;D
i will make it and lolz at dead bluesuits and guys in leather armor.(i pwn)  ;)

Sure why not :)

Then again the crit build is " quite usable " with some plasma rifle or plasma pistol , maybe even lazer pistol but don't shoot in eyes further than 25~ hexes. no brof ^^

6luck 3xmore critical equals to.
eyes 74% crit chance
head 54%
groin 46%
arms 46%
legs  37%
torso 21%
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:01:52 pm by T-888 »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 08:28:39 pm »

Sure why not :)

Then again the crit build is " quite usable " with some plasma rifle or plasma pistol , maybe even lazer pistol but don't shoot in eyes further than 25~ hexes. no brof ^^

6luck 3xmore critical equals to.
eyes 74% crit chance
head 54%
groin 46%
arms 46%
legs  37%
torso 21%

yes i am not sure i will most likely use the crit one when i decide 2 burst and 21 crit. 2/10 shots are crits thats decent and as you said i can use other ew weapons decently.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 11:45:53 pm »

Sorry for off-topic and mayhap you have a nice supply, but if you need Gatling lasers feel free to let me know :)
I have 5 of them doing a whole lot of nothing at my tent..
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 22 queries.