"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:47:27 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Oh sh.. my car key!  (Read 1685 times)

Oh sh.. my car key!
« on: November 04, 2011, 04:32:05 am »

I accidently left my key inside my car trunk and I dont have any copy of the key.What should I do?I also cant picklock cause my pl skill is low :( What should I do?I had many item in it.The car is parked in my tent,and itll be safe for while...

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Oh sh.. my car key!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 04:42:32 am »

Make a lockpicker alt (10 INT, 10 AGI, Skilled, etc.) - level it with Flamer against molerats first and centaurs later, get a set of expanded lockpicks and lockpick your car's trunk. Or if a person you trust has a lockpicker alt already, ask him/her to help you.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 04:54:14 am »

My brothers Got trouble. lol.. xD
 No one can fight Frank Horrigan! MUAHAHAHAA
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 04:58:54 am »

Well,thanks for the information Eternauta.But if my car trunk is locpicked,what happen to it?still need key to open it or you/everybody can open it freely?I hope the key is still needed.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 05:05:40 am »

No problem. And I think that after lockpicking the trunk, you won't need the key to open it again, this is, everyone will have access to it. Of course, the key will still be needed to use the car to travel around the world map. It kinda sucks, but well, tough shit :/ Just try to be more careful next time.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:22:11 am »

Of course, the key will still be needed to use the car to travel around the world map.
No.

Once you lockpick car either trunk or door you can automatically use it any way you like as if you had to key, without EVER needing the key again.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 11:46:47 am »

Not sure, but i believe i red somewhere that if you lockpick a car, with a key in your hand, this key would be needed to open the car from there.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:47:39 am »

Not sure, but i believe i red somewhere that if you lockpick a car, with a key in your hand, this key would be needed to open the car from there.
I also read something similar...  But I believe it was confirmed false, though certainly a good idea.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 03:13:03 pm »

No.

Once you lockpick car either trunk or door you can automatically use it any way you like as if you had to key, without EVER needing the key again.

Really? Well thanks, it's good to know that.
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 03:29:15 pm »

After lock-picking just the trunk or just the car I have still needed the key for the other part in my experience.
The Wiki is outdated - it used to be a case of when you lock-picked a car with a key in hand that key was set to that car but that was a few wipes ago.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:44:15 pm »

After lock-picking just the trunk or just the car I have still needed the key for the other part in my experience.
Yes, I had erroneously described it.

Lockpick trunk, you can open trunk without key, but still need key for the driving and vice versa.
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 09:52:49 pm »

but you may lockpick both

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 12:36:56 am »

but you may lockpick both
I figured that was a given...
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

Make a lockpicker alt (10 INT, 10 AGI, Skilled, etc.) - level it with Flamer against molerats first and centaurs later, get a set of expanded lockpicks and lockpick your car's trunk

:/

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 04:04:42 am »

:/

Read some of my other posts. You'll see I don't like playing that way, but that doesn't mean this is not a option this poor guy can choose.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.