"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 03:12:40 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: A beta truck.  (Read 14289 times)

Re: A beta truck.
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2011, 11:01:27 am »

Thanks, Senocular! Ye, Lagmaster, i just borrowed them, you'll get them back. With something much better. So you live on the shore?

Also, dithering attempt Nr.2, in GIMP. Still can't figure out how to delete this annoying blue edge.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:26:11 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 02:33:31 pm »

Send me the real picture (High quality and with the blue thing) I might try to remove it.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 08:10:15 pm »

I think i managed the problem with the outline while rendering, Haraldx, but i still have problems with the render the Fallout palette and proper dithering. The render picture will always look glossy and have sun reflexes on it. Could you put this image through Fallout palette in Photoshop, please?
I'm not that good in photoshopping pictures...

Haraldx

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 09:38:33 pm »

Sure, can try it. :)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »

Lizard make 2 render one with OSA sett on and one without that. Also add a screen from the game as a background to set the proper size. I wasn't able yet to do anything with the blend you sent me but as I seen it was pretty well made though a bit too highpoly in my eyes you made a real detailed model. The new color is definitely better however to give it a sprite like filling there should be some overpaint on the edges beside the applying of the palette.
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »

Okay.
I did now following: set the Fallout palette and smudge a bit with blur. And this here is a result:

On the map, it would look something like this, unfortunately some glitch made a white outline during scaling. Shadow is provisional drawn on the layer beneath with a marker.

What do you think?

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 04:06:40 am »

Wow, this is actually pretty good, what category would you put this in? Fastest(which means the best), Medium fastest, normal, medium slow, or slowest(which means crappy)...?

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 05:43:18 am »

Okay.
I did now following: set the Fallout palette and smudge a bit with blur. And this here is a result:

On the map, it would look something like this, unfortunately some glitch made a white outline during scaling. Shadow is provisional drawn on the layer beneath with a marker.

What do you think?

Your model looks good. Technically,you rendered it in a wrong way meaning it is of couple of inches, (just compare it to the original FO graphics and you will see it is off). Simple as that. It is just not a good and fitting Fallout model.

Simply compare this :

to that:

It is not a matter of "is he skilledor not" - it is a matter of making it in the fallout style. ;)

to that:

Hm? The lack of manually painting over the model is not the only problem, it is that your model simply doesn't fit. As said, it is a cool model, but it is too modern, lacks manually "love to detail" and such.
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 12:08:06 pm »

i must say i LOVE this truck, and i would love to drive it like a real stylish county man in 2238!
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 07:29:07 pm »

i must say i LOVE this truck, and i would love to drive it like a real stylish county man in 2238!

Thanks, man. Everyone, when you like it, it's the best seal of approval for me  ;D

Surf, i'm not a Leonard Boyarsky. I think he'll probably have a hard time with you, too.

I'm just offering the COMMUNITY a piece of my art, if you don't like it, fine, Lexx hates it, too. Fat chance for implementing it for me.
Maybe someone sees it another way, i'll be glad to hear them.

Haraldx

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »

Okay.
[/img]
Better than I would have done it. :P

Bego

• Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children!
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 01:32:16 pm »

All I can say is.... Wow! Nice artwork there dude! Thumbs up!
SECTION 8
Re: Chimaera truck.
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 06:03:26 pm »

Revisiting the truck, using a scavenged cabin and even more dithering and decent pixelpaint. I think the original truck cabin looks better than something made completely from the scratch, so i pasted the edited original graphic over a part of original content.

This is how it look on scenery.

I wonder if it ever rolls in Wasteland.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:18:32 pm by Lizard »
Re: Chimaera truck.
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 12:30:09 am »

Revisiting the truck, using a scavenged cabin and even more dithering and decent pixelpaint. I think the original truck cabin looks better than something made completely from the scratch, so i pasted the edited original graphic over a part of original content.

Wonderfull truck, great paint, fallot_style, i really hope that it will be in game.

Haraldx

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2012, 01:04:15 pm »

Very good!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 18 queries.