"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:19:20 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Kill boss  (Read 2828 times)

Kill boss
« on: October 23, 2011, 02:11:42 am »

Here is my idea as far i can remember in each Fallout version there was places like dungens with boss at end of it. So why not make thouse place here where team enter and try reach as far thay can and kill boss and get items as reward.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: Kill boss
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 02:48:08 am »

There have already been suggestions like this, which also go into much more detail than just saying "make dungeon with boss at end of it". What I mean is, it's easier said than done.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 11:33:26 am »

Try exploring glow. It is only dungeon in fonline yet. But very interesting one full of radiation hazards, technical riddles, some interesting loot, angry robots and pks.
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:58:12 am »

It's not the only dungeon. There are various other places as well, instanced and non-instanced.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 08:16:42 pm »

It's not the only dungeon. There are various other places as well, instanced and non-instanced.
Please show us that places.
Abandoned ship?
Railway gang?
Both are freaking ease and one time go. (Both are cool though )
Other nonquest accesable or via talk with 1 npc its:
Toxic cave (should be radioactive with all of this green goo) huh actually here i cant complain
Sierra, uh only that terminal for mfc nothing more (ok u can farm 5 mm jhp from turrets yey )
Golgotha, nothing here
Stables, there is only one quest with it
Mariposa uhh nothing more than that broken terminal

Do i miss something?

Glow is actually only one interesting place and its mid hard.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 08:27:45 am »

Since when did we have dungeons? I should go.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:57 am »

Please show us that places.

Why? You listed places.

----
Railway gang is not a dungeon.

The stranded ship is an instanced dungeon. If it's too easy for you or not doesn't matter, it's still a dungeon.

Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 09:51:43 am »

I think the whole topic is a about a place that you can visit as often as you want and when you want. Ship is a one time go, but as already metioned, an awesome one.
Players are craving for such PvE content with traps, treasures, locked doors and challenging level of enemy forces. As the only PvE you can have are either random encounters (suddenly, a wild enemy appears!) or cave spelunking (which I personally enjoy the most as it gives a bit more excitement to run around the corner just to be greeted by 5 DC eventually).

not counting killing a whole town/location off as PvE

Edit: I think with this suggestion implemented: Random stuff spawing in random containers  It will be more interesting to visit locations that are more dangerous as (if it will be implemented that way someone mentioned in that thread) the containers there will be looted less and contain higher tier loot.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:00:05 am by Andr3aZ »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:51 am »

We know that players want them, that's why we work on them. But they need a lot time, if it should not end in some generic and boring crap.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 10:45:16 am »

I dont get why pve lovers will not try to take down militia in any TC towns. Militia is enemy not a player and i can assure you, its tough enemy ;) That should be final goal for every single pve player  ;D

Imagine big black dude in metal armor with gauss pistol. 650HP + insane criticals. Sounds like final boss? Hell yeah.  He is harder than Horrigan. He also uses his minions - the others militians. So dear role players/pve'yers, leave that poor raiders and rush militia!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:53:06 am by manero »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 12:49:30 pm »

Probably because if you die, you most likely lose your gear, while in instanced locations, you travel back and try again, until the enemy is dead. :>

We have to change something about how mobs work in such instanced locations, too. My idea is not to give them more hp, but to give them a much faster healing rate, so that if you die and go back to the location, the mob will most likely have his full hp again. This way you can't go fighting, dying, go back fighting, dying, go back fighting, etc. until all enemies are dead. You would need better gear or other players help for real.

JovankaB

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 01:15:27 pm »

I dont get why pve lovers will not try to take down militia in any TC towns. Militia is enemy not a player and i can assure you, its tough enemy ;) That should be final goal for every single pve player  ;D

Maybe because real time PVE is dumb.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 01:26:02 pm »

Isn't 'Stranded Ship' pve location in real time Jovi?  ;)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 01:38:35 pm »

All instanced quests can be played in tb now too, if I recall correct.

Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 02:14:40 pm »

I listed that places because only 2 of them actually is something to do (more than be 2-3 min in that place)
Rest are empty like most of cool location (necropolis for excuse)

PvE is dumb because there is no AI for that npc's only run toward you and shoot you from max 3-5 hexs. No hide no helps other guys (only burst ally npcs xD)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.