"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 12:13:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Afterfall Trailer 2011  (Read 3886 times)

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer
Re: Afterfall Trailer 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:07:14 pm »

Looks nice , just have to wait till i can play it 10 times and claim it the shit.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 11:27:28 pm »

looks kick ass
Roaming the waste again.

Cold_Fusion

• Energy Weapons Maniac
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:14:41 am »

Such a shamefull degradation...

I remember Afterfall project starting out as "Polish Fallout" many, many years ago and now that it finally reaches completion, it turned to everyday zombie shooter/survival horror mix claiming to be something more because there's "Insanity" in the title and it starts in some asylum or another. Silent Hill with Fallout-ish scenery or enemy design here and there.

Oh well, the market has its demands. So sad...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 09:18:44 am by Cold_Fusion »
-= It was the cleansing of the planet. The inattention by those who came before caused the holy fires. It was justice. =-

avv

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:41:21 am »

Such a shamefull degradation...

I remember Afterfall project starting out as "Polish Fallout" many, many years ago and now that it finally reaches completion, it turned to everyday zombie shooter/survival horror mix claiming to be something more because there's "Insanity" in the title and it starts in some asylum or another. Silent Hill with Fallout-ish scenery or enemy design here and there.

Oh well, the market has its demands. So sad...

Used to have differend name too. Now there's nothing related to fallout there, at least not in the trailer. Looks more generic scifi than post-apo.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 12:35:20 pm »

Now there's nothing related to fallout there, at least not in the trailer

Cattle Prod at 1:32!

---EDIT---

It says "Picked up a Cattle Prod"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:35:42 am by Boon Lived »
Everything must change.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 03:40:38 am »

Cattle Prod at 1:32!
Ya sure?  It looks like a fire axe to me.  Well, it doesnt help that specific timing is right between these two different clip scenes.

About the game itself, it looks like a simple mixture of different sci-fi horror things.  Such as Dead Space and Silent Hill.    But Dead Space was good at what it did.  As long as you had the difficult cranked up.  Silent Hill, a game which was kickass, you don't have a right to say anything detrimental to it. :P

And if I remember right from science classes, when you put two elements together it makes a compound, something different.  So we might get a nice surprise from this game.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:49:56 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 08:29:37 am »

It says "picked up cattle prod"

Cold_Fusion

• Energy Weapons Maniac
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 09:17:17 am »

It still eludes me how's cattle prod pointing right to Fallout.
Its like saying knives and sledgehammers are instant Fallout ripoffs.

:-\

If anything I'd say its more about ruined landscape but that goes for
all of these zombie apocallypses as well, so nah, nothing Fallouty left.
Supposed I tried really hard, there's that one shot at 1:42 that remotely
resembles a scene from Fallout intro, but that's it.
-= It was the cleansing of the planet. The inattention by those who came before caused the holy fires. It was justice. =-

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 10:13:27 am »

fucked up:/

I saw topic "afterfall', and it reminds me something. about that project, Cold mentioned. I was hoping that this is it:] But it looks different, and its no more falloutish.
And it looks awful by the way. Look at that arm texture at beggining. And there are no curves at all! I know that graphics isnt most important, but nevertheless...

Fucked up:/

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 08:58:41 am »

is it me, ot the guy had an pip-boy?

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 03:59:29 pm »

Mashup of Dead Space,Doom 3,Fallout,Silent Hill

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 10:00:50 pm »

I can't stand this over-the-shoulder camera. How come older games like GTA3, Max Payne, Splinter Cell etc. could center the camera and worked quite well?
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 12:18:00 am »

I can't stand this over-the-shoulder camera. How come older games like GTA3, Max Payne, Splinter Cell etc. could center the camera and worked quite well
Why can't everything be first person? :D

I honestly would prefer all games to be first person, (excepting the ones that it just would not work on) it simply ups the ante for them. 

Why do you think almost every single good horror game is in first person? :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 07:06:30 pm »

BLURP :-X BLUOOOORPPPP

This is shit, the first time i saw it i believed it was a stupid spin-off of Dead Space. (Dead Space is awesome).
Seriously after all those Resident Evil, Dead Space, etc,etc im bored of all of this shit, i cant believe that people in the world still buying things like this and self-cloned FPS like COD over and over and over...

Also 10 years ago players watched the pixeled guys in Fallout, and watched a good variety of movies like Waterworld, Escape from Los Angeles, Soylent Green, Madmax, etc. and think about a horrible postapocaliptic or apocaliptic world where everything we know dont exist, everybody is dead but you (i always loved that) and everything that lefts is slowly dying.

Now i watch another postapo game and i just want to hangover, exept Rage of course.

About perspective, that third person view like Gears of War is horrible, i love the GTA and Max Payne view and the GTA4 system is awesome, also First person is always good to make you feel like you are the one making the history. third person makes you a spectator wich is good in many games.
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 19 queries.