"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 10, 2024, 08:58:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Ghost Farm useful like never before  (Read 24887 times)

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: Ghost Farm useful like never before
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »

If players are really and truly interested in making this happen, I will move forward on a few merc trains to bed down there.

Also, peak time or no, we'll probably need a dedicated "quartermaster" to hold items safely down there.

you would need to stick around, otherwise your mercs would be useless without knowing who to shoot and who not to shoot...

Guys, it's cool that all of you are eager about putting this to live but as Wichura (the starter of this idea) already told:
Ghost Farm project would be a main target for lulz-trolls if it would be no secure place by either immortal oneshot guards or only-visible-to-faction-member-location, which at the moment it isn't.

yea, I figured that was a given though. I mean anytime you set anything like this up it's going to be a trolling ground sooner or later.

but that's what I meant in my earlier post about having a dedicated time which only a select group of people know about during which rookies are brought to the farm and protected by high level players while taught by others. Sure there might be attacks, and we might even lose the farm with a few pro's defending the place, but hey, that's the wasteland. And I don't think it would detract from the over all experience, we could strap some guns on the rookies and they join in on the defence by which point we would have already taught them that dying is ok.

and lets not forget that the new re log time can make defence much easier than it used to be...

all in all I see a lot of good ideas get shot down or abandoned because of the troll factor, which I completely understand, but it would be nice to stand up for something like this. Imo, it would bring some merit to the game.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:49:38 am by jonny rust »

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2012, 01:16:52 am »

FYI: Slags already exist as a faction as per wiki.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2012, 09:47:53 am »

in that case isn't it possible to join their faction and receive added protection from them while inside the cave?

only the designated guards would even need to bother doing this and they could be alts for that purpose, not even necessarily good ones, just to get the slags involved in the defence... every little bit helps I suppose. It could even just be one character (Slag Chief) who gets them to pitch in.

I haven't been there since it became a faction and I don't have time to investigate at the moment, so I don't even know if they have any real guards in there, but I'm assuming they do.

anyway, just an idea.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:54:15 am by jonny rust »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 18 queries.