Author Topic: 3D complaints / criticism / suggestions  (Read 16938 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: 3D complaints / criticism / suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 06:23:09 am »
Well, in the original game, the guy just holstered the weapon, opened the door, and then he put on the weapon back. Then you ended up going unarmed inside the city just because it was annoying. Since we don't have that in this game, it is already different from the original one. I guess kicking doors is not a viable option, because it uses the "Use" animation, so unless you can use a stimpack with your feet or kick a buffout into your mouth, it would be ridiculous. Anyway, I guess you could hold a big gun with one hand for just a second.
 Sadly, the only experience I had with this specific animations was a failure. Don't know what, but I did something wrong and it didn't work when I tested...not that I cared much anyway. I could try again sometime.

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 07:50:35 am »
If its in 3d why would they use the same animation for everything?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2012, 07:41:04 pm »
If its in 3d why would they use the same animation for everything?

Good point. I guess I'm only thinking about what I am able to do and I'm not seeing the whole picture.

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 09:15:40 pm »
I suggest make some highpoly stuff for scenery, like rocks, cliffs, ruins, buildings, plants, water, tunnel portals etc.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 10:22:36 pm »
Definitely agree with you on that one. Given that much of the scenery stuff can be rendered out, it'd be great if someone could set up a rendering template for the lighting and size of things etc. It'd be great to open this stuff up for a bit more variety in general modding and mapping etc. There's some bits on NMA forums I think, and judging by some of the work done on Desert Europe and What Remains etc, there's certainly some people about on here who know this stuff.

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 12:37:13 am »
can we just use a static image of this high poly background stuff, my poor lappy already has heatstroke from radtoads.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 02:37:49 am »
Sorry, I wasn't quite clear there - I was referring to rendering them out as background images, rather than having the actual models in there.

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 09:34:57 am »
I suggest to add more female stuff, like bodytypes, hairstyles and skins.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 03:11:38 pm »
Weren't the different female bodies uploaded?
I remember there were some been trying to look up them from my back ups but no success so far.

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 04:17:27 pm »
No, i havent found any other bodytypes, just one that i modified in some kind of weak one and posed. I also noticed that the head of female mesh is a bit too broad for feminine features.

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 10:21:27 am »
Was able to find them although they were at a test stage so some works should be done with them.
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,2407.msg148025.html#msg148025
Luckily download is still active will look at them in the weekend.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 01:22:08 pm »
Id like to suggest to add a possibility to replace the frames on 2238 with 3d models clientside. This way everyone will be given a possibility to play 2238 while working on 3d as modmakers.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2013, 11:03:56 am »
Bump for interest.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 11:13:04 am »
The main 3D off/on switch is in \Server\scripts\_defines.fos, which is server side.

Code: [Select]
// 3d players mod, uncomment for use
#define PLAYERS_3D             // Enable 3d players
#define PLAYERS_3D_NO_HEAD     // No head slot
#define PLAYERS_3D_VAULT_SUITE // Vault suite by default, not naked

Genuinely have no idea if it's easy (or possible) to make that a client side option instead. I'd imagine it's technically possible, but definitely not simple. I'd also expect there to be annoying problems with stuff like needing multiple versions of character screens, multiple instances of "basic human" and a series of things which translated "if they're wearing this armour, look like this in 3D but this in sprite" and so on.