"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 29, 2024, 02:11:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A noob beginner guide.  (Read 1158 times)

A noob beginner guide.
« on: October 02, 2011, 04:52:04 pm »

no.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:46:32 pm by Bachrius »

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: A noob beginner guide.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 04:55:06 pm »

I didn't read this whole thing, but the first thing I noticed is that you have 5 Endurance - It only gives you 2 more HP than having 4 Endurance. You should either make it 6 Endurance, or put the extra endurance point into something else.

Edit: Some other things,
(Up to) 5 ST is needed for correctly handle every single Small Gun available to players, except the Tommy Gun, which isn't that great of a weapon anyway. 6 ST is too much unless you really want the extra Carry Weight.

Speech really doesn't matter, so having to take up SPECIAL points just for it is pointless. Charisma's main use is slaves/mercs, and for leading other players, not speech.

Unless you plan to take Nuka-Cola (it is a very easy drug to obtain) you should have your AG an even number.

6 Luck is needed for most perks, 5 Luck is also kinda useless.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 05:00:42 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 04:56:17 pm »

Im just only using my build but ill probably put a new build sooner or later.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 04:58:51 pm »

I didn't read this whole thing
You should, and even if I haven't noticed your and his post, I would think it's another trolling, or is it? ^_^ I don't even know if everything there is serious.

I like this really much:
Now since you are equipped with atleast a good weapon and metal armor you can now hunt brahmin.
;D

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »

What kind of guide is that? SPECIAL is random, armors/guns progress path is dumb (how can newbie get Tesla armor anyway?).

Or my english is not good enough to understand it's a guide by noob? :>
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 06:31:05 pm »

Although putting the effort in to make this is cool, writing a guide like this is just making it harder on new players who read it and think its actually good advice. Sorry but its damn misleading.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:37:16 pm by spears »
The only exploit involved abusing your intelligence  ;D
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:38:50 pm »

i agree this isint very good advice lol

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 06:55:46 pm »

Great Advice!, although I prefer picking bruiser and heavy handed, then you don't even need weapons :)  Make sure to pick Cautious nature at lvl 3 so you will have better placement in encounters.  Then at level 6 I'd suggest taking Heave Ho as this will make you a veritable Molotov monster, scourge of rats in the wasteland!  Dodger is an excellent pick at lvl 9 as to make it harder than hell for rats to hit you.  At level 12 I would Gain Intelligence.......the rest is pretty much open to you.

Oh and don't forget to travel to San Francisco and pick up the XL70E3 experimental weapon, it's only around 6k caps and is VERY cool looking ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:59:58 pm by TKs-KaBoom »
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

solid snake

• Got a smoke?
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 08:28:42 pm »

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »

Great addendum Mr Boom, wish I had such good hints when I started.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.