"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 10:48:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fires and Bartering  (Read 769 times)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Fires and Bartering
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:26:54 am »

Two ideas I've been throwing around in my head:

1. Since every finds lighters, and they have no use, why not let us make fires? With 1 piece of wood and a lighter or flint and a rock, players could make a small fire on encounter maps, tents or faction bases. Basically anything that isn't a town. They would stay for x amount of time, and while near them, you would heal through your healing rate twice as fast. Very few people rely on healing rate right now and this would bring that back into the game, as well as give lighters actual uses. Maybe at some point you could cook meat or something to make it heal/raise xp rate or something, but I'm not going into that now.

2. Everyone hates bartering alts. Devs hate them because they take up server space and we hate them because nobody likes having to make another character to do another thing. Let's think of crafting realistically. Let's say you make small guns in real life. You would be able to sell them for a fairly reasonable price, or you wouldn't make them. So I'm suggesting that when you are selling items from your profession, you get a large boost in barter. Enough to make selling them worthwhile. So for your items you could actually get something for them, but for items out of your profession, your barter would determine the prices. So someone could still make a merchant character, but barter alts wouldn't be a must have.

Solar

• Rotator
Re: Fires and Bartering
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:55:10 pm »

For 2. I intend something similar. Not involving professions , but the intent is the same.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 22 queries.