"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 08:53:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: melee vs. ranged........your take?  (Read 1202 times)

melee vs. ranged........your take?
« on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:55 am »

Hi all,

Very new to FOnline - just a question.....in your opinions (Vets only) whats the best way to go ranged or melee?
burn the bodies
Re: melee vs. ranged........your take?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 10:37:51 am »

fonline is great game, just pick weapon ;)

here is my own opinion, that can suit reality, suit other people opinion or not ;)

Let the Force be with You.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:54:44 am »

If you do not understand what bambi says dont be sad, nobody does.

About your question of melee in fonline this manual should explain it:
Kill them all and let the god sort them out.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:55:00 am »

cool, tx man appraciate the input.
burn the bodies
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:49 am »

Oh,at the actual state of things,ranged is damn way better...But,before suggesting,i need to know what kind of gaeplay style are you adopting.Example:You are a loner willing to start from scratch and you do not know the game..?HTH is best,if you die you lose only your armor,you accumulate all of your loot,and you are unstoppable in most of PVE with a decent build.You already have quite a good faction on your back,or you have good knowledge of game mechanics..?Then ranged is your best choice. ;)

If you meet a Rain Guy around,i will be glad to be your mentor.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate

Evan

• The dead are never aplenty enough.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 11:41:08 am »

Your melee char will die a lot to people with guns. But if you are a lone beginner, it has some merits. As you noticed, in this game, you die a lot. A HtH char doesn't need guns and ammunition, knives can be easily made and found, and even stacking a few rippers isn't that hard.

So if you want to see a lot of dead players, melee isn't the best. If you wanna ensure you lose less than others in combat, it's a good approach. You can do your stuff, learn the ropes without the constant need of making your tools for it. And you'll end up with a cool miner character and experience to proceed from there.
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 11:50:44 am »

Thanks Oska, I was going to post a very similar response, but as it is Ranged is usually superior since without 3d the only way a melee/hth player can kill someone is with high burst/critical damage otherwise their enemy can simply run to the exit grid at the same speed.  When 3d comes that will probably change with speed increasing with higher melee/hth skill and some perks (at least i hope so)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.683 seconds with 22 queries.