"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 05:49:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Reviewed] Aimed shots: crosshair display the % to hit for the chosen bodypart  (Read 2890 times)

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
Re: Aimed shots: make crosshair display the % to hit for the chosen bodypart
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 09:58:01 pm »

I can't seriously believe there is a drama over this.

Not everyone out there is playing a PvP powerbuild at max level. There are always levelling or hybrid characters and whatnot. And it will help a lot in real-time combat.
It still won't help as much as if anyone cared enough to fix discrepancy between TB and RT movement speed (hint, action points have no effect on movement in RT mode).
But really this suggestion is almost useless.
Yes it is, in those case where you want to use it, it's usually to use good old aimed shot menu. But in the case you would like to eye-shot something like molerat and ignore head-shots it might have some use and it really makes sense anyway.

It may surprise you, but not everyone on this server is a min-maxing pvp player!
Too bad the game says "fuck you" to those players on every occasion. Just try to follow typical Fallout player footsteps - rats will die, scorpions too, but the first guys you meet will tear your multi-weapon tagging en4 guy before you even spend your action points.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 10:01:04 pm »

Too bad the game says "fuck you" to those players on every occasion. Just try to follow typical Fallout player footsteps - rats will die, scorpions too, but the first guys you meet will tear your multi-weapon tagging en4 guy before you even spend your action points.

This is really not true. I am far from being a good player, but I managed to survive a few skirmishes aswell as killing some people when it was neccesary. Ofcourse I've my fair share of deaths, but that's life on FOnline. If you play halfways smart and don't rush into something blindly it isn't that bad like you describe it, even for mediocre combat people.
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 11:02:20 pm »

This is true.

Surf most of people who actually do some pvp don't give a fuck about some bluesuit skirmishes go play TC or even a small scale reno fight like 5 vs 5 , i would like to see your multi-purpose hybrid garbage do something when your against 2xtoughness , 2x lifegiver , 2xbrd , stonewalled 5 drug BA and avenger wielding powerbuild , wait too much i bet you couldn't handle a simple EW build(not because you aren't smart enough but because you will lie on ground after first shot taken) :) There are only few exceptions for multi-purpose characters that can actually do something but even they are minimaxed as much as possible and can't really compete with proper builds because of inefficiency.

I don't know what harm this small feature could do , some people are just too deep and find problems where they really aren't.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:14:21 pm by T-888 »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 08:01:19 am »

This is true.

Surf most of people who actually do some pvp don't give a fuck about some bluesuit skirmishes go play TC or even a small scale reno fight like 5 vs 5 , i would like to see your multi-purpose hybrid garbage do something when your against 2xtoughness , 2x lifegiver , 2xbrd , stonewalled 5 drug BA and avenger wielding powerbuild , wait too much i bet you couldn't handle a simple EW build(not because you aren't smart enough but because you will lie on ground after first shot taken) :) There are only few exceptions for multi-purpose characters that can actually do something but even they are minimaxed as much as possible and can't really compete with proper builds because of inefficiency.

I don't know what harm this small feature could do , some people are just too deep and find problems where they really aren't.

It would be nice of you if you wouldn't tell me what I must do ingame. :) I am not interested in any Towncontrol or Reno apery and just do what I like. According to you, I am probably not hardcore or elite enough and do my "bluesuit skirmishes" all day. It's always nice to see ignorant people posting who seem to think they are better than others even though they have not a single idea what other people are doing. :)
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2011, 10:27:41 am »

Yeah Surf youre right. You will probably gonna kill any pk you encounter.

but not everyone has magic skills, like 300hp pipe rifle shot, so stick to topic: this game is really harsh for any build, but pvp ape. Of course, you can live (believe me, i have crafter build, which never died), but its only luck. In some cases pvp apes are unstoppable. You can admit that, or refuse and try to convince us, that you can survive two bg bursts in a row, with your average build. Which is definately not true.

Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2011, 11:22:23 am »

I was talking about those homesteader daddies knocking one in the head instantly, or those primitive raiders not even worth molerat's XP, blinding player in few spear stabs.

I was wrong though, single player can pass everything by lame bursts, but if you do not intent to burst everything in your way, you are still hopeless in those encounters without proper combat stats.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2011, 11:45:43 am »

I approve of this idea. If some player or hardcore PvP ape has time to check the aim % its gonna probably take longer than attacking with rough estimate of what % u think u got. It just makes life easier.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 11:48:22 am »

I see it more in a sense of logic: You are attacking the eyes as default attack mode, so you should see the to-hit chance for it as well. It makes no sense to see torso to-hit chance in this case.

We are trying to change that.

Doctor Eex

• TEE Hive Father
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 06:24:55 am »

I see it more in a sense of logic: You are attacking the eyes as default attack mode, so you should see the to-hit chance for it as well. It makes no sense to see torso to-hit chance in this case.

We are trying to change that.

Btw, on TLA MK2 you can pick needed body part with mouse. All "aimed" modes are removed from weapon modes cycle.
So if you aim body, shot is unaimed. If you choose body part, shot is automatically aimed and AP cost is indicated properly.
Of-cause , chance-to-hit is indicated properly too (exact body part you're aiming)
Here some illustration:

Would love to see similar system implemented on 2238

Grommok

• Desert Ranger

Btw, on TLA MK2 you can pick needed body part with mouse. All "aimed" modes are removed from weapon modes cycle.
So if you aim body, shot is unaimed. If you choose body part, shot is automatically aimed and AP cost is indicated properly.
Of-cause , chance-to-hit is indicated properly too (exact body part you're aiming)
Here some illustration:

Would love to see similar system implemented on 2238
Wow... i need to download it.
Quote from: Grommok
Chi si ritira dalla lotta
E' un gran figlio di mignotta!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 18 queries.